[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some god-tier ambient techno albums? I used to think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: R-2493-1234649782.jpeg.jpg (22 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
R-2493-1234649782.jpeg.jpg
22 KB, 300x296
What are some god-tier ambient techno albums? I used to think SAW 85-92 was the best but recently came to the conclusion this was superior
>>
Biosphere - Microgravity
Orbital - In Sides
Higher Intelligence Agency - Colourform
B12 - Time Tourist
Gas - Zauberberg
FSOL - Lifeforms
KLF - Chill Out
>>
monitoring thread
>>
>>63528692
Everything Gas has ever done.
Everything The Field has ever done.
Everything Basic Channel have ever done.
Everything Deepchord Presents Echospace has done.
Everything Biosphere has done.
Everything Voices From The Lake have done.
Everything BoC have ever done (kinda fits the bill).
Matador
John Talabot
James Ferraro's 2012 Primavera Sound Set
>>
>>63528877
I've really been meaning to get into the Deepchord stuff, what's a good place to start? That double album with the city sounds on the second half?
>>
>>63528692
SAW 85-92 has aged as hell, Incunabula is still fresh today.
>>
>>63528996
it has aged but Xtal and Tha still both sound really fuckin good, along with Actium

Ptolemy and Pulsewidth sound aged in a really good way though
>>
>>63528966
Not him, but start with the coldest season, then try liumin, then you can explore some of his other stuff like the DC compilations and his side projects
>>
>>63528996
>he fell for the "aged means it's bad" meme
how does it feel to be a pleb my good man
>>
>>63529106
electronic music tends to sound pretty silly when it's outdated, since it's based on outdated technology. just like playing an old video game. but you're right, outdated does not automatically make something bad, but it can seem like it's been outdone
>>
>>63529169
Strongly disagree with this sentiment. Don't want to get into it but basically 90s IDM is as good as electronic music is ever going to get, precisely because it is based on outdated tech.
>>
>>63528822
>Orbital - In Sides
That's good, Brown Album is nice too
>>
File: folder.jpg (102 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
102 KB, 700x700
>>
Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest-The Fireman
>>
File: cover.jpg (135 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
135 KB, 600x600
>>63528692
I love Autechre but that's one of their worst m8
Also pic related is nice
>>63528996
I agree, but it's only slightly aged and said aged quality adds to it a fuckton rather than being a negative
>>
>>63529106
I didn't mean aged means bad you butthurt. But the sounds you hear in Incunabula are way more futuristic and fresh compared to the classic acid sounds you find on SAW.
>>
File: Fax-tribute-poster.jpg (4 MB, 3508x4961) Image search: [Google]
Fax-tribute-poster.jpg
4 MB, 3508x4961
dig around this label
>>
bola - soup
>>
>>63529377
that is seriously laughable
>>
>>63529571
i like the charts that actually say something that aren't just a bunch of covers
>>
>>63531213
It's a poster, not a chart
Name of the label is on the bottom, just go to its discogs page
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.