[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other Instruments Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (307 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307 KB, 960x1280
Anyone on /mu/ play any other instruments besides guitar?
>>
Tuba/baritone player here. I regret my choice of instrument at least once a day.
>>
>>63527182
Piano, drums, clarinet, oboe, flute, saxophone, trombone

>guitar and bass too
>>
>>63527211
Hope you like Sousa; it's the only interesting thing you can play
>>
File: Feels5.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Feels5.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>63527347
>tfw never played any sousa marches
>>
>>63527386
OP here.

Play clarinet also, only played Liberty Bell once. You would think that more people in US would want to play Sousa
>>
>>63527182
Piano 16 years
Drums 10 years
Bass and guitar 5 years but never practice so haven't really progressed in the past few years
And singing if that counts
>>
>>63527182
Also play saxophone, mostly Alto Sax

What pieces have you played recently?
>>
I masturbate with my cock
>>
>>63527678
Sorry for replying late!

I've been super into Saxophone Colossus lately and have been trying to master the whole album
>>
I'm 21 and can't play anything, and I don't remember any of the music theory shit I did in middle school music class. What's the best thing to pick up?

I can whistle and play a pretty balling kazoo, though.
>>
>>63528082
Clarinet was fairly easy, honestly. Drums would probably also be cool.
>>
Guitar 9 years
Trumpet 1 year then switched to euphonium for 2 years so far
>>
'cello, mandolin, harp.
There isnt a day that goes by where I don't regret not picking up the piano or an instrument you have to blow down, I just can't seem to grasp either of them now.

> Guitar and bass too
>>
I want to learn keyboard but lessons are way too expensive and I am way too retarded to learn on my own.
>>
I play classical guitar, am I any better than the regular guitar plebs? I can play a little piano too
>>
>>63528502
I've always wondered with guitar sheet music how you know where to play down the neck. Does the sheet music say what position on it and do you have to basically learn all the notes again for each position?
>>
>>63528636
it's just like any other instrument, in practice sessions you decide if you should shift at a certain point to let the next phrase fall under your fingers better, in time and practice you will have the muscle memory to shift whenever you need to and you also build the knowledge of where to shift to the point that you can use shifts while sight-reading,

The best part about classical guitar is playing musically interesting works,
>>
>>63528636
It is usually noted (via roman numerals) if the composer/arranger wants you to shift to a different position on the neck
>>
Piano, guitar, bass, drums, mandolin, ukulele, baritone, and tuba

>>63527211
I know these feels very well

>>63527778
I know these feels very well
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.