[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite Aphex Twin album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: WARPCDD30.jpg (887 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
WARPCDD30.jpg
887 KB, 1000x1000
What's your favorite Aphex Twin album?
>>
[Insert any Boards of Canada album here]
>>
>>63527258
I still need to buy an album of theirs. thanks for the reminder.
>>
Strawpoll:

http://strawpoll.me/7167420

(Aphex Twin studio albums only.)
>>
>>63527602
>420
>>
he doesn't make albums he makes compilations
>>
>>63527602
Damn, no love for SAW II. I didn't vote for it but I'm still surprised no else has yet.

>>63527994
The most autistic thing I've seen all week, thanks family.
>>
Do people really find SAW THAT good? It's great and all, but it's a little inconsistent and lacks the complexity/grandeur of drukqs or RDJ. Drukqs is two CD's of pure gold and ranges on the whole spectrum from ambient to glitchy.
>>
>>63528594
Agreed. No other release of his shows his compositional range like Drukqs. The variety of instruments he utilizes as well as the melodies vary in a very astounding way.
>>
>>63528647
its also the least consistent release of his
>>
>>63528647
>compositional range

That phrase expresses my point better. I guess it's unsurprising that SAW is first because it's the most entry-level and accessible, I guess. There must be a ton of people who have only heard that album, which is a shame.
>>
>>63528696
Well it is twice as long as the others, isn't it? SAW I is the most inconsistent in my book
>>
Druqks is the patrician choice.
Personally, SAW of course, but Come to Daddy is still seriously underrated. Come To Daddy is better than Windowlicker imo and plus Film which is probably my second favorite Aphex Twin track.
>>
I just bought Drukqs and SAW II.

SAW 1 is a good listen, but RDJ is better to me.
>>
>>63528789
Also after listening to Syro I could definitely see someone calling it their favorite if they haven't been listening to Aphex Twin for a long time.
Damn it's not easy. I guess I'd say SAW>Druqks>Syro>RDJA>SAW2>I Care..

syro is really good
>>
>>63528696
No, that's either ICBYD or RDJ. It is actually a very consistent release, it just has diversity in song styles. He strictly employs either a electronic or natural instrumentation on each song, never mixing the two (like the Flashbulb does).
>>
>>63527602
out of those choices
RDJA > Drukqs > SAW II > Syro > SAW 85-92 > ICBYD
>>63528904
>RDJ Album
>inconsistent
what the fuck are you on m8, it's his most consistent by far
>>
>having to pick one
fuck you man
even drukqs can be defended
>>
dude i just realised the pic in this album looks just like this fucker https://www.youtube.com/user/ChristtianU
>>
I'll never understand why people like this shit.

The only good ambient I've ever heard is Eno.

>"Oh check out Aphex Twin it's soooo good!"
>check it out
>it's just fucking abrasive
>"oh my god it's so beautiful, so many textures"
>what they actually mean is sometimes he overlaps one abrasive sound against another
>"but can't you appreciate the level of composition this kind of electronic music takes"

No, no I fucking can't. Fuck you mew. Actual plebs comforting one another, patting yourselves on the back.
>>
>>63529374
what album did you try
the only one that could be called ambient is saw 2
>>
>>63528938
Both SAWs are far more consistent that RDJ, especially SAW II.
>>
>>63529604
Maybe SAW II beats it, but honestly I don't see any drop in quality between tracks on RDJA unless you really dislike Goon Gumpas and Logan Rock Witch
>>
>>63527058
Well, the one you posted the cover to has Shiny Metal Rods on it, and I really like that one, so I guess I like that album best.
>>
>>63529374
>comparing Eno to Richard

The problem is that you're a retard
>>
Drukqs is just shit jungle
>>
>>63528789
>Come To Daddy
>better than Windowlicker
ur an iiiiidiot babe, it's a wonder that you still know how to breeeathe.
srsly tho, ctd is such a joke and not compelling. Windowlicker has that dank melody and drums that get chopped in all the best ways. total banger beyond belief. but yyyo I do agree on FLIM. And Contour Regard and IZ-US.
>>
>>63529912
He's talking about the EP's as a whole, not the individual songs, pleb. Window licker is the best 'EDM' song of all time, though.
>>
Richard D. James Album
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.