[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone hate this album? I listened to it expecting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Arctic_Monkeys_-_AM.png (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Arctic_Monkeys_-_AM.png
18 KB, 300x300
Why does everyone hate this album? I listened to it expecting it to be Arctic Monkey's worst album but its actually very solid.
>>
>>63524917
because they're garbage in general dude
>>
To be honest, it's probably Arctic Monkey's best album.
That's why I gave it a solid 1.
>>
He's better in last shadow puppets.
>>
>>63524917
Only the first 3 tracks are good
>>
>>63524917
Songs on their own are pretty run of the mill but they are fun to play along to, so no complaints here.
>>
>>63524917
It's safe and boring. Does nothing new and is hence unworthy of critical praise.
>>
The songs in this album are way to repetitive.
And comparing this to their other albums (especially the first 2) the songs themselves (both lyrically and musically) are pretty weak.
>>
File: enoughofthisshit.png (67 KB, 221x320) Image search: [Google]
enoughofthisshit.png
67 KB, 221x320
>mfw these faggots will praise generic 4 chord pop music as groundbreaking but completely trash and album that is a step above that in complexity
>>
>>63524929
Except for that one album they did that was produced by Josh Homme.
>>
>>63526825
where were you when you discovered that /mu/ wasn't one person you fucking retarded piece of shit holy fuck i'm done with this bored why am i even here there's no quality music discussion anywhere it's like shitposting is the new quality post now except it's not fuck i think reddit's better at this point see you fuckers jesus fucking christ
>>
Arctic Monkeys’ fifth record is absolutely and unarguably the most incredible album of their career. It might also be the greatest record of the last decade. It’s not, however, the work of a band operating at their absolute peak – that’s yet to come. It’s the work of a band still growing, still fine-tuning, still learning and still experimenting; a band who will not look back on this record as a career high, but as the moment they stopped being defined by genre and instead became artists. Not a rock band, definitely not an indie band, but artists. Think Bowie, think The Beatles, think Stevie Wonder and think Bob Dylan. From this point on, Arctic Monkeys can do whatever they want, sound however they like, and always be Arctic Monkeys. But that’s all for another day, sometime in their stupidly bright future. For now, we should celebrate this record for what it is – 41 minutes and 57 seconds of near perfection.
>>
File: 1443554986372.gif (209 KB, 232x377) Image search: [Google]
1443554986372.gif
209 KB, 232x377
>>63526950
never gets old
>>
>>63526945
Bye.
>>
>>63526945
take me with you
>>
>>63524917
It sounds too "digital" for me.
Up to Humbug you hear dudes that just sound like they get together in a garage and make jam tunes about chicks and dreams and shit.
AM just went more boring in favor of mood, and it's too simplistic and dull because of it.

t. someone who jams Humbug almost every day.
>>
>>63526486
The bass to R U Mine is pretty fun, I will admit.

But so is Crying Lightning.
>>
>>63524917
First two songs are fantastic, but the second wasn't even meant for the album

Arabella is fiiiiine

No 1 Party Anthem is decent

The rest is absolute trash, I listened to the album at least 10 times and I can't remember anything, except the ultra-anti climatic closer.

Like seriously, compare whatever the closer is called to A Certain Romance or 505, it's trash
>>
i really like this album but i know thats an unpopular opinion. not as objectively good as Whatever People Say I Am but still
>>
>>63526945
Oh cool I'm not the only one who feels like this.

But
>reddit
Reddit's voting system is shit and only promotes circlejerk and I enjoy being anonymous.

Is moot's other website any good? Canv.as was it?
>>
>>63524917
Because of the teenage girl fanbase that latched onto Arctic Monkeys when this came out.

And it's their most pandering album yet.
>>
>>63527748
Teenage girls in UK latched onto Arctic Monkeys since their debut.

For me lyrically wise its their best album. But I still prefer the first 3. Suck and It and See is as bad as its title tho.
>>
>>63524917
Whatever People Say I Am: Amateurish but impressive considering like half the songs were written when they were like 16

Favourite Worst Nightmare: Similar to first but polished and more grown up

Humbug: Really Fucking good psychedelic rock that takes me back to the somber winter of 2012

Suck it and See: Fucking Garbage

AM: Sounds buttery and chill, appeals to masses, over all stripped down and boring at times. Not bad just overwhelmingly meh
>>
>>63524917
Is it terrible that I like this?
>>
>>63527667
lmao that closed 2 years ago
>>
File: 54321.jpg (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
54321.jpg
21 KB, 250x250
>>63529123
>Whatever People Say I Am: Amateurish but impressive considering like half the songs were written when they were like 16

>Suck it and See: Fucking Garbage

Jesus christ, that's some very shit taste brother, i think you should kill yourself.
>>
literally just generic garbage toned down boy-bandish 'rock'
no original sounds, no original ideas, no original progressions

it's uninspired trash for the masses that eat up trash like kanye west and the black eyed peas
>>
Pic related is their magnum opus.

I would rate it like that:

>Whatever... 10/10
>FWN 8,5/10
>Humbug 9,5/10
>Suck it And See 9/10
>AM 6,5/10
>>
>>63529123
I kinda agree with this but I think that AM is their move cohesive effort to date.
>>
While the kiddies around here like to say otherwise, this is actually one of the most innovative bands of the 21st century. They take rock musics to length unimaginable, and expose us to music that we've never heard before. Their music is out of control and untamable, and thats what makes this band legendary.
>>
>>63530523
I honestly agree with you

Litrally the Velvet underground of are time but people hate on it for being main stream
>>
>>63526377
>>63527554

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00bk5E7gecI
>>
Mad sounds is a great song
>>
>>63524917
>>63526945
>>63529123
>>63529782
>>63530523
>>63530873
Wow Tumblr really let loose today huh
>>
>>63529782
(you)
>>
>>63530978
Just suck it and see
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.