[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 81ceisZrVKL._SL1500_.jpg (443 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81ceisZrVKL._SL1500_.jpg
443 KB, 1500x1500
Thoughts on this album?
>>
No, not really. But, thanks for asking.
>>
>>63523563
Don't know much about it; pretty rare album around here.
>>
>>63523563
You know, I've never actually seen the album cover with the title on it like that, is that edited or something?
>>
nahh what is it?
>>
>>63523563
Never heard of it.
>>
>>63523563
this is my first time on /mu/

and I've heard of this meme about 5 years ago. People said it was all they posted here

They weren't wrong
>>
Ok, I'll bite.

It's an unironically great album that has been memed into the ground, like all the mu core. Thus making any actual discussion impossible.

You can delete this thread now.
>>
who?
>>
>>63523610
No its on my cd cover
>>
I'm gay
>>
i like turtles
>>
>>63523773
I'm genuinely curious, don't worry about "falling for bait" or anything.

Since you like it, do you mind explaining what it is that makes it so good? And speculating about how it became such a big meme?
>>
>>63523563
Sorry what album is this? I've never heard of it. Interesting that you would introduce it to us, anon.
>>
>>63523982

You know what's funny? Whenever I see someone genuinely trying to recommend something new here, the thread gets absolutely no replies. You're all content to regurgitate the same shit over and over and then complain about it.
>>
>>63523949
I like it because i can connect to the idea of loss, or discovering there was something lost and nothing you could have done to prevent it. Or even the more intimate or exhilerating songs on the album,like 2 headed boy and the title song respectively.

I also like his dry voice and how it seems he could sing forever without pausing for a breath.

All the songs are perfectly arranged, this is one of those albums you defenitely can't play on shuffle , because the entirety of it tells an emotional story, the highs and lows of which were thought out and planned carefully.

It became a meme because at one point this was the best thing out there for lonely white kids browsing 4chan in the late 2000s, but as time went on it stayed the literal logo for mu. Also, mu is shit
>>
is she sieg heiling?
>>
>>63525009
you can't just say something is good and expect people to care.
>>
>>63527076
ooohh you know about jeff magnum's anne frank fetish too wow
>>
>>63527106

I personally come here to try and find new things to listen to, so when someone suggests I listen to a new album, I'll at least give it a shot if I think I'll like it.

Face it, you only want to talk about the same 10 albums all the time.
>>
I like it, which surprises me considering the style it is.
Too bad discussing it brings meme speak and shitposting. But I find it enjoyable.

Oh Comely sucks.
>>
>>63527316

I think Oh Comely is one of the best tracks on the album, what?
>>
>>63527458
Cut the first three minutes off and I'd be more inclined to understand.
>>
I'm not baiting. This album is the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard in my life. It literally make me sick every time I hear it. The vocals are awful, the arrangements are boring and and the production is almost as bad as Death Magnetic.
>>
>>63527495

Hey, maybe I'm just weird. I love all that whiny shit in the beginning, so that's probably why.
>>
>>63527545

Hey man, I think different opinions should be more than welcomed on a board where the hivemind prevails all the time.
>>
asfe43
>>
My favorite album of all time
>>
A few decent tracks. I don't usually go out of my way to listen to it.
>>
File: 1YlOOE5.jpg (199 KB, 900x1110) Image search: [Google]
1YlOOE5.jpg
199 KB, 900x1110
>>63523576
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.