[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to scream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
I want to scream like Emperor, Burzum, and other black metal guys. I can kind of do a somewhat alright growl such as in death metal, but I struggle getting that black metal sound. I have a pretty good vocal range, I can get pretty low, almost to the bass range, and relatively high, for a male, at least. I want to do one man black metal, I can drum, play guitar (getting better every day), I'm learning bass guitar, and I can somewhat sing (I'll need to practice/get lessons for this one, though I do quite like my voice and range).
>>
Wanna scream? Act as if you were taking a massive shit.

Yes, that's right. Pretend to take a massive shit and push it out. Now hopefully you didn't shit yourself in the process. Did you feel your muscles contract/flex? Most likely that was your diaphragm doing all that work.

YOUR DIAPHRAGM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT IN SCREAMING. Take a moment to get that stuck in your brain, please and thank you.
>>
>>63519629
It's called vocal fry, look it up.

>>63519740
>YOUR DIAPHRAGM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT IN SCREAMING.

It's not just important for screamed vocals, singing too.
>>
>>63519740
Yes, yes. I know. Inhale deep into the stomach and then don't use your throat cause you'll slay yourself
.>>63519773
I'll look into the vocal fry.
>>
>>63519629
>tfw no goth black metal gf.
>>
>>63519861
>goth black metal

disgusting

goths are all limpdicked liberals and sluts, none of them understand the true wotanic elitist worldview of black metal
>>
>>63519912
>he thinks he's part of the chosen superior norse ubermensch circle and not some disgusting degenerate subhuman that happens to be pale

guffawing here, lil m80
>>
>>63519861
The only good goth is a dead goth
>>
>>63519912
Black metal was influenced by it though, ask Varg.
>>
Here's a tutorial

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nWl6uVtXo6
>>
>>63519912
cringe
>>
>>63520320
That was pretty funky.
>>
>>63520271
This
Batcave era Goth/Post Punk was a significant influence for many BM artists.
>>
>>63521199
Yeah I'm the guy screaming but some other anon did all the effects
>>
>>63519629
just scream

I can't believe metalheads are so obsessed with all this "HA I'M GROWLING NONSTOP XD" shit.
just fucking scream if you want to scream, don't do it as a fashion/musical statement.
>>
>>63521743
I don't think black metal really falls under "metalheads." It was created out of pure avant-garde stoicism.
>>
>>63521743
this

since when is growling better than screaming

just do what works op
>>
>>63522037
Alright, we'll see how it goes, I enjoy screaming more than growling, growling is pretty easy and screams sound better when done right (in my opinion).
>>
>>63522115
>I enjoy screaming more than growling

enough reason to go for that dude, do you want to take pleasure from creating music or maximize profit or /mu/ cred or something?
>>
>>63522155
Just reread my OP post, I didn't clarify at all, when I said black metal sound I actually meant screams rather than growls.
of course screaming will get me maximum enjoyment AND some sick /mv/ cred.
>>
>>63521996
pffffffffffttt
>>
>>63519912
you're onto something
>>
>>63522399
she has no face?
>>
>>63522450
she?
>>
>>63521743
Are you this fucking stupid? The reason they don't "just scream" is because it's a great way to fuck up your vocal cords.
>>
>>63519912
True Satanic Black Metal are bands such as Darkthrone, Aryan Satankampf, Graveland, the Gestapo 666, Satanic Warmaster, Beherit and Impaled Nazarene. You can listen to Metallica if you want, but you do not understand anything about the real Hitleric Nazi Black Metal. You are just a poser and you can fuck off the whole scene. Black Metal is real music, not intended for animals like you, but the real Satanic Misanthropists who do not care about people like you dampers.

Black Metal is music for the elite and you do not understand it. None of you understand the real Satanism. You ridiculous little kids. Our worldview is based on Wotanic Hitlerism, on a personal level satanic individualism, collective level Hitleric Fascism. Without an understanding of theoretical occultism, it is useless to dream of understanding the Wotanic worldview. None of you can understand Wotanism, for you are all intellectually earthworms. You can not reach the elite level of Satanism, so why even dream about it. Satanism and Black Metal are for the elite. For real misanthropists.
>>
Well if you want to scream like Varg you actually have to get the shittiest mic available.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.