[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Something in my brain just clicked, I've been playing guitar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (300 KB, 751x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300 KB, 751x673
Something in my brain just clicked, I've been playing guitar for a decade and a half but I've never been able to play by ear. Earlier today something snapped and I've been transposing all of my favourite melodies to see how they're arranged, a surprising number of them seem to be crafted like a palindrome.

Any of you know this feel? It's fucking glorious. I feel like I just broke through a pleateau of some sort.

If you guys want the melody notes to My Bloody Valentine's Something here it is:

Close my eyes
F# A F#

Feel me now
F# E D E

I don't know if you could love me now
f# A f# f# E D E F# E D

Taking requests to hone this newfound superpower.
>>
please delete this thread
>>
>Taking requests to hone this newfound superpower.
Everyone who can play guitar for at least a year can do that. Transcribing is easy shit.
>>
Hey can you tell me the chords for beat happening - crashing through please?
>>
Actually, the "now" in could love me now is a B

Try again
>>
>>63510184
That's great, anon! I really am happy for you. This board is not your personal blog, though.
>>
>>63510184
Can you do teen spirit by nirvana
>>
>>63510184
how bro how do you play blitzkrieg bop
>>
>>63510184
Teach me how to play Wonderwall please.
>>
What are the last 2 chords that play at 4:15 and onwards of these song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK07JxZ8rZ4
>>
You've played guitar for a 15 years and didn't develop relative pitch til now? You're a failure of a guitar player. :\
>>
>>63510268
This plz
>>
Teach me this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5OmzUEm504
>>
do you wonderwall
>>
File: 59685845.png (410 KB, 252x299) Image search: [Google]
59685845.png
410 KB, 252x299
>>63510184
people like you exist
>>
>>63510184
>palindrome

The only thing that's that palindromic here is your palin-level intelligence. Get the fuck out of here with your reddit-tier shit
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
Hey guys, I appreciate the interest in you guys wondering what song I was playing when it suddenly clicked. Well I was learning how to play Lotus Flower by Radiohead (Thom's acoustic version of course!) and I noticed that the bass note you hit at the end of 'listen to your heart' is an F and then I said hey 'heart' is also the note F and then I figured out the rest via my newfound gift (relative pitch).

Listen To Your Heart
F F G E F

There's a weird tingly feeling in my fingers
I feel so powerful
>>
>>63510233

Sorry I can only do notes not chords just yet. Although I assume you just look for the dominant pitch?

Better look next time friendo
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.