[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing a song about overcoming depression Give me some inspiration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 5.jpg (4 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
4 KB, 224x224
Writing a song about overcoming depression

Give me some inspiration
>>
surely you have so much inspiration already from your life-altering experience of taking antidepressants and shit
>>
File: 1456000414795.png (111 KB, 333x325) Image search: [Google]
1456000414795.png
111 KB, 333x325
just stop right there. it'll be a shit song that's much too trite even for normalfags anyway
>>
>>63500715
never been depressed

>>63500728
fuck you. it will be awesome

should of clarified. Its more about change in mindset. So, once was a paranoid, anxious, depressed, beta, caring too much about what other people thought. Then coming to the realization that life is short, and should be enjoyed, whilst other peoples opinions should mean nothing to oneself.
>>
>>63500681
take a stick of true
piss on it like crazy
watch yourself being cucked
>>
>>63500881
I dont understand
>>
>>63500681
if you've never been depressed then your song will be totally shit. You have to put feeling and compassion into your music or obviously it will come out like horse shit
>>
>>63500784

underage b&. don't worry when you grow up you'll realize the last sentence you posted is very not true
>>
File: 1453696547372.jpg (55 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1453696547372.jpg
55 KB, 600x900
>>63500784
>never been depressed
>wants to write a song
>song about overcoming depression

Are you 12?
>>
>>63501299
>>63501204
I've never been clinically depressed. Been pretty sad at points in my life, related to what i write here >>63500784

>>63501210
But it is to a certain extent obviously. Many people are just too enveloped in what other people think of them
>>
Surfs up mmmmmm
Mmm aboard a tidal wave
Come about hard and join
The young and often spring you gave
I heard the word
Wonderful thing
A children's song
>>
Actually overcoming clinical depression and/or other mental disorders in its category has way too many intricacies and important facets to it for a single song about it to realistically be anything satisfying. It's a massively important lifelong project that follows you through your entire life and everything you make is influenced by it, and without the experience of getting through depression yourself (if anyone is ever really "through" with it) or being close to someone else who has done so, anything written under the pretense of being "about overcoming depression" runs a fairly major risk of coming out feeling contrived or insincere. That's not to say it all necessarily will, my point is to tread carefully with subjects like that.

Source is having dug myself out of, then back into, then back out of near-lifelong sometimes-suicidal depression.

Pardon me for rambling, I haven't slept in about a day and a half.
>>
>>63502079
This desu just write a song about memes
>>
>>63502129
Yeah that's my real point. Make some vaporwave or a ballad about sending a picture of an orange cylinder to your friend with the text "haha long boy" and then he unfriends you or something it'll be more rewarding
>>
>>63500681
make sure you include all of the following attributes

>lyrics about drowning
>lyrics about flying

>"tonight"
>"alright"

>"eyes"
>"lies"

>a cheesy 80s hairmetal guitar solo forcibly inserted in there somehow
>the drummer clapping his sticks together and chanting "one! two! three! four!"
>start the song off with the sound of plugging in guitars and/or instrumentalists clearing their throats and getting ready.
>unnecessary rap verse
>verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus/chorus format

follow all those rules and you'll have a 10/10 song in no time.
>>
>>63502256
oh and don't forget to use one or more of these phrases:

>"how could you do this to me?"
>"...breaks my heart"
>"...stabbed in the back"
>"I thought we were friends, but apparently not."
>>
In accordance to the man who showed his outstretched arm to space,
He turned around and pointed revealing all the human race.
I shook my head and smiled and whispered knowing all about the place;

On the hill, we viewed the silence of the valley, called to witness cycles only of the past, and we reach all this with movements in between the said remark, close to the edge, down by the river, down at the end, round by the corner. Seasons will pass you by! Now that it's all over and done, called to the sea, right to the sun, now that you find, now that you're home, seasons will pass you by! I get up, I get down.
>>
I have clinical depression, OP. Maybe write a song about clinical depression in general. There's no way out of this curse. :]
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.