[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? I think it's pretty disgusting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: thats-the-spirit-55bd3aab74242.jpg (66 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
thats-the-spirit-55bd3aab74242.jpg
66 KB, 1000x1000
Thoughts? I think it's pretty disgusting
>>
That's a neat doodle of an umbrella.
>>
>>63496643
This,
the cover art is pretty cool I guess but fuck this band and their music
>>
who even listens to this shit
>>
nothing too remarkable but i enjoyed it a lot
>>
>>63496700
literally what

what was it that you enjoyed about it?
>>
>>63496725
not sure desu. mostly the melodrama, it's sort of catchy, olly has a good voice, there's a handful subtle details to be picked up on on further listens, and that's kind of it. i just wish the guitar tone was a bit heavier
>>
>>63496698
My desk mate. I have to buy a good present for her and I thought about Angel Dust.
She also likes The Black and Just Like You
>>
If your album doesn't have a title or doesn't state the artist, then fuck off.
>>
>>63496805
It's called 'That's the Spirit'. I'm sorry if I didn't specify it.
>>
File: cover.png (107 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
107 KB, 411x411
>>63496805
>newfag is mad that hes bad at image searching
>>
>>63496565
pls stop with the bait we all know these bands are a sack full of shit
>>
>>63496565
Best album of 2015

Prove me wrong
>>
File: askingalexandriatheblackcd.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
askingalexandriatheblackcd.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>63496954
Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a bait. I just was wondering what /mu/ thinks about it. People from my neighbourhood like it a lot.

>>63496974
Please stop

What about The Black by Asking Alexandria?
>>
File: topkek.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>63496974
>>
>>63496974
At least one other album was released in 2015
>>
>>63497012
it kinda follows the same path as bring me the horizon... too many teens tryin look edgy
>>
>>63497054
>>>63497012 (You)
>it kinda follows the same path as bring me the horizon... too many teens tryin look edgy

It fits her character, you may be right.
I really like the piano parts but the rest sucks.
I mean, there are way too many strings, the singer can't scream and the chorus doesn't fit. The guitar is also a but lame for me.
>>
What could I gift her?
>>
>>63497098
i can understand your opinion. i dont really care if people like or dislike theses bands the thing that makes me grind my gears is the fact that they are mainly used as a fashion "tool" by teens and young adults to show other people kinda how "cool" they are just to see if they get attetion. In my opinion these bands both really suck hard dick and i think that the music lyrics are something really generic.like easy to think of. The instruments are played to a point when you can even distinguish, i feel like if one of the guitarists started playing the same note over and over again at a live concert the fans wouldnt even notice.
>>
>>63497389
on the other hand, /mu/ seems to do the same thing and dismiss them mostly because they're not "cool" within their own circle and don't want to be associated with those kinds of teens
>>
>>63497446
/mu/, but mostly pretend-true metal fags
>>
What could I gift her?
Seriously
>>
>>63497509
the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>63497551
Look at >>63496794
She's my desk mate. She's going to have a birthday party soon and I don't know how but I've been invited.
What should I buy her? I thought Angel Dust by Faith No More
>>
>>63497586
Offer her something you know that she likes, if you are going to offer her that album without knowing if she likes it or not, your gonna have a bad time.
In case you dont know what to offer you sould go for the safest option like a expensive pen or a perfume.
In case you know that she likes that album, go for it, or just buy another album of the equal genre to suprise her.
>>
>>63497781
Then I'm fucked. I'm going to gift her something really different.

This one is for another lady. I've already ordered the album, it's Shiny Eyed Babies. She liked System Of A Down and Pink Floyd. Is she going to hate me?
>>
>bmth
in for disappointment, friends
>>
>>63497824
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>63497817
You are not fucked, maybe she will like it, who knows. its a bithday gift why would she even be mad if you give her something shes not into. I think that she will be suprised, you dont see very oftenly people giving albums. Its more important to just enjoy the party than focus on gift.
whether or not if she goes like total bitch and says right into your face that she doesnt like the album then keep it to yourself and say that you buy her later a chocolate or something like that.
>>
File: Untitled.png (25 KB, 663x433) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25 KB, 663x433
Reminder
>>
Wasn't game changing at all, but a good listen maybe once or twice
>>
>>63498203
just because its popular doesnt mean its good.
they are just a trend that's spreading throughout teens.
>>
>>63496565
It's a fun album that's well produced and has a few very decent pop songs. They're doing the same thing Linkin Park did 15 (fuck) years ago. It's nothing exceptional but it's fine. Hating on this is close to posting "le wrong generation" rants under Justin Bieber videos - everyone knows it's mediocre, what are you proving by pointing that out?
>>
File: 1454257450841.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
1454257450841.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>63496565
>That album cover art
>>
>>63497817
>Is she going to hate me?

No, she'll pretend to like it and probably put you down as someone who has "weird" taste in music and think no more of it. It's not positive or negative, people don't judge others for their music taste as much as you do. She'll be pleased at the attempt at a thoughtful gift, whether she likes it or not, and think no more about it. That's the level that most people operate, don't overthink it.
>>
>>63498203
Steven Wilson is somewhat underrated by /mu/ at least, and Joanna Newsom is great.

The rest of that is forgettable though.
>>
>>63498333
nice trips.
I dont agree with your statement not liking this is something completly understandable and it does not make you part of "wrong generation" faggots. has with my opninion expressed above i say that they are not even original and they are just trying to make money off teens
>>
>>63498038
>>63498538
Thank you very very much for your kind words.

What should I buy to the other girl which likes Bring Me To Horizon? Is Angel Dust ok? Any raccomandation?
>>
>>63498911
Pitch it at the right level. In my experience people who aren't particularly "into music" are less likely to invest in something new if they have no easy reference point to help understand it. How do you relate Faith No More to what she currently likes? Has she heard of them?

You're probably better off compromising and getting her something by like... Alexisonfire or Brand New. Something that has an obvious link to what she already likes but is "better", if that's what you're after.
>>
>>63498911
cant help you very much on that one.
meh go for it... will probably like if shes realy into that.That should catch her attention.
>>
>>63499051
Well fuck my opnion, this guy knows more about this kind of music than me, listen to him
>>
>>63497781
>In case you dont know what to offer you sould go for the safest option like a expensive pen or a perfume.

When did /mu/ start raccomanding pens and perfumes?
>>
>>63499269
since the objective here is to give a present and show you are a nice person and not look like a arrogant faggot trying to bash everyones opnion on whats good music.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.