[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did two kids manage to make such a great album in their bedroom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
How did two kids manage to make such a great album in their bedroom with only $1000?
>>
Not even as good as the Tame Impala demos
>>
>Daft Punk
>good
>falling for the meme
>>
>>63495499
>>
>>63495669
>>
I think you meant to post Discovery, op
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5 KB, 151x151) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5 KB, 151x151
How did a goofball make the best rock album in years with only $1000?
>>
>>63494982
Discovery is so much farther ahead than the rest of their studio stuff it isn't funny

Homework - 5/10
Discovery - 7.5/10
Human After All - 3/10
Random Access Memories - 4.5/10
TRON - wubwub/10
>>
around the world around the world around the world around the world.
>>
that album sounds really cheap
>>
>>63494982
>all the Daft Punk hate in this thread
did everyone's opinions change overnight or something?
>>
Probably because it was based on minimalism and repition. And that's not a criticism, it was genius. If you have limited resources to make art, you have to make due with what you have. They made the best of their situation, and made simple catchy house songs.
>>
>>63496077
This.
Da Funk is my jam.
>>
File: ThomasBangalter028.jpg (333 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
ThomasBangalter028.jpg
333 KB, 800x534
>>63496011
nah. This is just the result of OP asking a specific question about a popular band to a very broad audience. Unfortunately, such questions are a meme, as >>63495853 pointed out.

>>63494982
By simply exploring different ideas (based upon the work of their influences) and acting on them.
>>
Hard work & talent
>>
>>63495891

>implying this is not one of the best techno track that isnt even techno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6TC1pbR02M

and to answer to op, the dad of homen cristo was a jewish producer, and banglater is a control freak so they were dead serious since day one, they were probably the first electronic music producer with an adjusted PR plan
>>
File: The Daddy.png (139 KB, 256x387) Image search: [Google]
The Daddy.png
139 KB, 256x387
>>63495822
Discovery was also produced in their bedroom too.

>>63496332
This.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.