[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this album so mediocre yet baldtano gave it an 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Denzel_Curry_Imperial-front.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Denzel_Curry_Imperial-front.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
Why was this album so mediocre yet baldtano gave it an 8
>>
>>63493691
Anthony liked the beef track he did against SGP so he was bound to give this a good rating regardless
>>
>>63493691
It's fucking great, what are you talking about
>>
>>63493691
Anthony likes beef from Wendys so he was bound to give this a meme rating retardless.
>>
really dissapointed with this release

his flow used to be so 'ard and the production was tuff on tracks like threatz

now he is just trying to emulate drake and has lost it

or do i need to listen to the album a bit more?
>>
>>63494222
No n64 is much better lyric wise this one just seems thrown together even his mixtape had better vocals
>>
Are you people sane, this was atleast a 7/10. His best in terms of intricate lines, flow and you can't tell me Gook, Sick and Tired, Narcotics5 don't "slap"
>>
>I AM DENZEL CURRY I YELL OVER SIMILAR SOUNDING BEATS OVER AND OVER
>HERE IS MY HOOK WHERE I REPEAT THE SAME WORD OR PHRASE OVER AND OVER AGAIN
>OVER AND OVER AGAIN
>OVER AND OVER AGAIN
>KNOTTY HEAD NIGGA WITH THE KNOTTY HEAD NIGGA OVER AND OVER AGAIN
>OVER AND OVER AGAIN
>OVER AND OVER AGAIN
>KNOTTY HEAD NIGGA WITH THE KNOTTY HEAD NIGGA OVER AND OVER AGAIN

I made a Denzel Curry song, guys.
>>
>>63496533
>>63493765
you guys need to listen to more rap music. I have no way to articulate this concept besides the fact that Denzel's style is currently what's "in" in hip-hop and there are dozens doing it better

>>63494222
>>63496579
>>63495174
>>63493691
these
>>
>>63496579
true

Rick Ross was great on that song though I might just cut denzel off it
>>
>>63496619
post your favorite contemporary hip hop albums then friend. And maybe try and read on the lyrics on this album so you can understand the concept, I agree he can sound basic at face value though.
>>
File: #000000.jpg (28 KB, 606x337) Image search: [Google]
#000000.jpg
28 KB, 606x337
>>63496619
Who does it better?

I don't listen to rap so I'd genuinely like to know
>>
>>63496619
give some recs to a fellow
>>
>>63496579
This honestly, Denzel's starting to get that Meek Mill Disease where he thinks he has to yell every single word with the exact same flow every time, it's not healthy. There are always like 3 or 4 songs on a Curry project that really impress me and make me think he'll get better but he never really seems to get better, just change up a little bit every time.
>>
File: SAD_BLACK_1024x1024.jpg (103 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
SAD_BLACK_1024x1024.jpg
103 KB, 1024x1024
>>63493691
It's a good album. Unsub Fantano if you don't like him
>>
>>63496667
>>63496677
assuming you guys mean the "aggressive yet pretty lyrical trap music" thing he's going for, I have recently enjoyed:

>Freddie Gibbs - Shadow of a Doubt
>Lil Bibby - Free Crack 3
>Lil Herb - Welcome to Fazoland
>Pusha T - My Name is My Name
but avoid his most recent album like the plague

maybe my chicago bias is showing
>>
>>63493691
This Life. ULT. Gook. Story With No Title.

All the best songs. Good project. I think 7/10 is accurate
>>
>>63496850
Ty
>>
Anthony's Hip-Hop taste his just gone to shit

>Oblivion Access - 5
>Lil Boat - 7

Like what the Hell
Lil Boat is awful
>>
>>63496850
Pusha is a lot less Trap but good list nonetheless.
>>
>>63496908
He also gave bones a 7
>>
this shit is fucking boring
>>
literally some of the worst hooks in the history of rap music
>>
>>63496908
Lil Boat is fucking amazing.
>>
>>63496908
And he gave new Flatbush a 6.5
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.