[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can /mu/ claim to hate Foo Fighters but defend genres like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Dave.jpg (206 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Dave.jpg
206 KB, 630x420
How can /mu/ claim to hate Foo Fighters but defend genres like pop punk, emo, or ambient? FF have more musical variety and interesting concepts than a shit-ton of what is supposedly /mu/core.

Is it the whole anti-reddit jerk?
>>
>>63490130
Most of the arguments seem to stem around Dave himself. I think a lot of people feel like his "nice guy" personality is an act. Besides, Reddit really do put him on a pedestal as some sort of rock god when in reality they're not that amazing. They're not terrible, just not really that innovative.
>>
>>63490130
>pop punk
/mu/ doesn't defend pop punk besides MAYBE Jawbreaker

Every other band is mostly widely disliked outside of nostalgic/ironic fanbases

>emo
I'd sure as hell listen to pg.99 and On The Might Of Princes before Foo Fighters

And emo has a ton of variation and "different ideas", what are you on about

>ambient
Ok yeah I think you get the idea by now
>>
>>63490130
> FF have more musical variety and interesting concepts than a shit-ton of what is supposedly /mu/core.

I kek'd.
>>
>>63490155
>/mu/ doesn't defend pop punk
You'd be surprised.
>Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
>Is A Real Boy
>Tell All Your Friends
>>
>>63490130
uninspired music for mediocre rockist le-wrong-generation types. some tracks are catchy though
>>
>>63490199
Well I've never seen it
Probably just my ignorance, but most of the "worst genre in your opinion" threads are filled to the brim with answers of "pop punk"
>>
>>63490218
It's ignorant, because there are definitely some gems out there. Although that goes for pretty much every genre. Metalcore is a heavily criticized genre but there are definitely some amazing albums in that genre.
>>
>>63490241
Well yeah, on the topic of metalcore I do like the basic entry points of the genre (Botch, Converge, Rorscach etc.) but not much else. Any suggestions?

But yeah pop punk might have gems but one can't deny the ratio of good material to bad is exceptionally low
>>
>>63490268
The Dillinger Escape Plan, Northlane, August Burns Red, Killswitch Engage. It's definitely a genre that unfortunately gets filled with a lot of shit, but there are people who lie outside of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIPdH7vLmgQ
>>
>>63490199
Those are nostalgiafags and ironic memers retard
>>
>>63490289
I thought Calculating Infinity was aight, but those other ones are unfamiliar to me (I mean, I've heard of them, but never listened)
>>
>>63490290
Nah. I actually personally think a couple of those albums listed are great. I can readily admit that some albums that I listened to as a teenager was pretty garbage, but there a definitely albums I go back to and I don't feel that way.
>>
>>63490307
t. reddit
>>
Emo and ambient are both more interesting than Foo Fighters. Can't really say much about pop punk since I don't listen to it. I imagine that from the little I have heard of pop punk that it's probably about as generic as Foo Fighters are though.
>>
>>63490303
Check out that song I linked in the post to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbqu3EKBJuo
>>
>>63490324
Spouting memes doesn't qualify as an argument or discussion. People like you mustn't be able to hold an argument to save your life without spewing out insults and meaningless garbage.
>>
I love Foo Fighters, man. I understand some of the criticisms, but I don't care. Dave Grohl seems like a seriously cool dude all things considered, even if Buzzo has the occasional story of him not picking up his phone or whatever. Not to mention FF don't sell their fans short whatsoever in concert.

Oh and that Sound City documentary was pretty damn cool.
>>
>>63490344
I've won plenty of arguments, you're just not worthy or even capable of holding one with me
Stupid redditor
>>
>>63490374
But I don't use Reddit. Saying things like that just make you look stupid because you're honestly just talking out of your arse.
>>
>>63490130
damn dave grohl es pure cringe when he talks
>>
>>63490392
t. redditor who takes /mu/ seriously
>>
>>63490426
>t.
This meme makes me want to shoot a cunt. You can call me out for sperging or being autistic but how do you cunts get your kicks out of shit posting? Don't you ever actually find it interesting to have a discussion about music instead of incessantly shit posting in every thread you come in to? Shit posting has been the bane of my existent ever since using 4chan about six years ago. I don't give a shit if it's part of the culture but some of you cunts are just so fucking boring and to make yourself feel better you decided to piss others off.

I don't take this website incredibly seriously but I still sometimes have faith that people like you will either fuck off or fucking have a little bit of maturity for once instead of continually spewing the same repetitive memes I've been seeing here for years on end. Kill yourself cunt. Yes. I am mad.
>>
The only reason /mu/ hates any music is because they perceive an association between that music and someone they dislike. It doesn't even have to be a real person, it could be a strawman they built up in their mind, possibly from reading other people's shitposts. And there may not be any real relationship between the person and the music at all, there only needs to be the illusion of perception.

That being said, the reason that /mu/ hates Foo Fighters is likely because they know someone in real life who SEEMS like the kind of person who would be into Foo Fighters. Or perhaps they SEEM like the kind of person who would go on Reddit, which is associated with Foo Fighters for some reason. That person might not even have any real disagreeable qualities, but since your typical /mu/ poster is a hateful little piece of shit who hates everyone, there is now a barrier between /mu/ and Foo Fighters. /mu/ hates Foo Fighters because THAT GUY likes them. Probably.
>>
>>63490478
I don't hate Foo Fighters but I don't like them because I don't find them interesting to listen to. They're pretty much generic rock which I don't enjoy listening to.
>>
They make some good songs, but haven't really made any groundbreaking/innovative/notable albums for a long time now. Even though Wasting Light is one of my favorites by them, a lot of the stuff within their albums is hit or miss.
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 800x820
>>63490463
t. angry redditor
>>
>>63490199
Is A Real Boy is a fantastic album. Pop Punk or not. Who cares?
>>
>>63490690
Hello, reddit!
>>
>>63490130
Name one interesting concept.
>>
>>63490347
Reddit: The Post
>>
File: 1449643784425.png (134 KB, 376x500) Image search: [Google]
1449643784425.png
134 KB, 376x500
>>63490463
>I don't take this website incredibly seriously
>fuck off or fucking have a little bit of maturity for once instead of continually spewing the same repetitive memes I've been seeing here for years on end. Kill yourself cunt. Yes. I am mad.
>This meme makes me want to shoot a cunt.
> I don't give a shit if it's part of the culture but some of you cunts are just so fucking boring and to make yourself feel better you decided to piss others off.
>I don't take this website incredibly seriously

holy shit lmao chill down with the aspergers, boy.
>>
File: hello reddit t.jerry.jpg (80 KB, 576x494) Image search: [Google]
hello reddit t.jerry.jpg
80 KB, 576x494
>>63490463
>>63490478
>>
>>63490289
Ire Works is an incredible album
>>
I've always found the foot fighters to be excruciatingly boring.
Are they worth a full discography listen?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.