[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was CREED actually a good band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: CREED.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CREED.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
Was CREED actually a good band?
>>
>pinch harmonics internally
>>
>>63489854
Well, that depends
Did you have >12 children that you drove to soccer practice every Thursday in the late 90s?
>>
They're mediocre. But all radio rock has been mediocre since 83. Post-punk was the only popular rock that was good since then. Better than grunge, that's for damn certain. As far as terrible rock for the masses they're one of the better bands out there.
>>
>>63489854
On a basic, music writing level they were ok as far as pop music was concerned, they knew how to write music that connected with people.
On a lyrical, stylistic, and creative level, they were shit.
>>
but i am down to one last breath
>>
>>63489957
I would agree but I don't why even bring up lyrics. Lyrics are for the same kind of plebs that actually listen to creed.
>>
WELL I JUST HEARD
>>
>>63489925
Grunge was decent, sometimes great. One of the very few (and last) times bands of merits cracked the mainstream.

Plus, most of them adored post punk and it showed.
>>
>>63490060
WAELL I JOST HAAERDDD! THA NOOZE TOODAAEHH!
>>
>>63490150
IT SEEMS MY LIFE
>>
>>63489854
that 6 feet from the edge song is prob the best song about suicide ever made
>>
not really
>>
I got a special place in my soul for my own prison. It really isn't that bad of an album
>>
>>63489885
so ur mom?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms61I54CeQA
>>
>>63489925
replace 83 with 93 and this is accurate
>>
>>63489854
My Sacrifice and Rain are actually pretty good songs. I don't mind With Arms Wide Open either but I've never listened to a full album of theirs.
>>
yeah

if you're my stepdad
>>
>>63489992
nigga please. Lyrics are the most important part for me. It's all about the story-telling. Listen to like Waits or Leonard Cohen, some of the best lyricists and musical poets out there.
>>
Only guy I knew who liked them back then was a total christfag. And I don't mean just believing in god and going to church on the major holidays, but being completely in the deep end of all that shit.
>>
File: scott-stapp.jpg (115 KB, 398x550) Image search: [Google]
scott-stapp.jpg
115 KB, 398x550
scott stapp really is a lovely lady
>>
>>63491842
>Creed front man Scott Stapp believes he is an undercover CIA agent charged with assassinating President Obama, his worried family told a 911 dispatcher.

>Recently back home after a 72-hour psychiatric hold in Florida last last month, 41-year-old Stapp took off on a bicycle and disappeared - which caused his panicked wife and sister-in-law to phone the police to try and get them to commit him again.

>'He thinks he's part of the CIA,' said Jaclyn Strapp to the dispatcher. 'He thinks they're trying to kill him, and he has a bunch of paperwork in his backpack that he's a CIA agent and he is supposed to assassinate Obama', said her sister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7V_xJy3Phk
>>
>>63491852
The poor dear took too much acid and watch the Bourne movie
>>
>>63489854

They're alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8_6IflVe-I
>>
shitty rip off of Pearl Jam
>>
They were bland, not awful nor great, just painfully mediocre.

Also, I like the fact that Creed exists because without it we would never have this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVswiiI_PmU
>>
>>63494448
AHSSEAH YASSEAH
>>
I actually like the first Creed album

Don't care about the rest tho
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.