[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1
File: -.jpg (119 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
119 KB, 750x750
Thoughts on this album?
>>
>>63489248
fun album

helped develop punk and its culture

nothing great though
>>
Classic though /mu/ shits on it and the pistols
>>
One of the most important albums in rock music, it's pretty decent
>>
Important culturally but not that great musically
>>
Kind of bland, but really not as bad as some people make it out to be. Definitely worth a listen
>>
Bodies is literally the only punk rock song that is capable of offending me.
>>
Great for drunken singalongs

III DON'T WANT A HOLIDAY IN THE SUNNAAA
>>
>>63489248
The Sex Pistols were a boy band put in place by the music industry to get kids to buy leather jackets.
>>
>>63489493
Definitely. But at least they made some decent music for that boyband to sing.
>>
>>63489408
It's just about the only conservative punk song.
>>
>>63489408
>getting offended
>ever
Why tho?
>>
>>63489248
The vocals are utterly unlistenable imo
>>
Was one of my essential highschoolcore albums, but now I don't really care for it. As others have said though it left a big mark on the punk scene.
>>
I lovw this album. As visceral and angry as it was in '77 when they shook the staid music industry by tbe throat and shook it like a rabid pitbull.
When the BBC couldn't play the #1 song in the land because it was banned.

>Holidays in the Sun
>>
>>63489367
This. Not something I would listen to casually.
>>
>>63489248
this fucking turned modern music upside down. great riffs throughout
>>
there are some classic moments in this album Lydon's voice makes it just as fresh and energetic as the day it was released. It's fun to really just put on and get amped to.
>top moments;
>WE'RE SO PRETTAY OH SO PRETTAYYYYY WE'RE VAY-CUNT
>NOW I GOT A REASON NOWWW I GOT A REASON NOW I GOT A REASON AND IM STILL WAITIN
>IIIIIII AM AN ANNTICHRIST I AM AN ANARCHISTUH
>BOOODIIIIIIIIEEEEES IM NOT AN ANIMUL
>>
Those bastards scared the Queen.
>>
>>63489248
Of course it's massively important culturally and in the history of Rock music. However I don't see why people are saying it's disappointing musically. The songs are all catchy, well written, well performed and energetic but still have an attitude that was pretty much unmatched for the time.

As great as albums by The Ramones and The Clash were this album was far more intense.
>>
>>63489248
SHE WAS A GIRL FROM BIRMINGHAM
>>
fuckin garbage, not punk
>>
>>63489278
it's only "classic" if you don't actually listen to punk
>>
>>63490333
nice trips
>>
>>63490379
Both objectively false
>>
>>63490474
it's shitty ass pop rock that a boyband pretended to play
>>
>>63490474
>replying to trolls
The post below him >>63490389
is a minute apart which means he couldn't WAIT to get that second reply in.

Observe this post >>63490485
See how quickly he replied to you? He was sitting there with his sweaty palms, watching this thread just waiting for a response, and (You) have him one.
>>
>>63490503
it means I replied to the thread as I read it while I shit you triggered retard
>>
>>63489248
Anglophile's wet dream. Good though.
>>
>>63489248
this is objectively the worst of the first wave (despite being most influential)
the damned are true kings of first wave
>>
>>63492180
nah Buzzcocks are
>>
>>63492281
buzzccks are def undderrated but a little "johnny come latley"
>>
I get the feeling that /mu/ is skewed toward american punk desu, thus the love of hardcore and emo and shit like that

start a thread about fugazi or minor threat and it'll get decent replies but start a thread about the fall and you'll get nothing
>>
>>63489248
s h i t
>>
Ramones > Buzzcocks > Johnny Thunders > Radio Birdman > Wire > The Boys > The Damned > Sex Pistols > Dead Boys > The Saints > The Clash
>>
Probably one of the best Dadrock albums in existence today. Highly recommended.
>>
>>63492935
Best dad rock album is revolver or dark side of the moon.
>inb4 reddit
I would personally pick king crimson ofer PF but it isnt dad rock
>>
>>63493120
I think you mean GRANDDAD rock, don't you? Or perhaps Great Granddad rock. I think 1977 era punk now officially qualifies as Dadrock.
>>
>>63489248
MASTERPIECE
>>
>>63493160
>Tfw radiohead will be dadrock some day
>>
>>63493606
All 90s bands are already dadrock
>>
>>63493632
how underage are you?
>>
>>63493632
>20 year old dad
yeah, if you're a loser
>>
>>63489367
>>63490036
Agreed.

Ramones is where it's at.
>>
>>63493632
>>63493681
My classic rock station plays Nirvana and Green Day.
>>
>>63494172
thats because all rock is classic rock because rock is dead you absolute fucking autist- its DEAD! DEAD DO YOU FCKING HEAR ME ? ! just move ON
>>
NO DOGSBODAAAYYYY
>>
As much as you can hate on the Sex Pistols, this album helped galvanize the punk movement. While the Ramones and Clash and other bands were fun and edgy and anti-authority, the Sex Pistols were fucking nuts in comparison.

Johnny Rotten was writing songs intended to piss people off, Sid Vicious was living his life just to piss people off and Malcolm McLaren knew exactly how to market the band to (again) piss people off. Steve Jones was able to capture all the anger in the music -- even though he was a simpleton.

The angry kids loved it, their adult parents hated it -- perhaps best represented by Bill Grundy -- and that was important.

But in the end, it was all just an act -- not true punk.
>>
>>63490485
>am i parroting what rolling stones says correctly yet?
>>
The only good album they ever made.
>>
It worked as the soundtrack to Tony Hawk games, but I'd never actually listen to it on it's own.
>>
>>63493685
If you're forty now you were twenty in 1996, so it's actually pretty reasonable.
>>
greatest punk rock album of all time
>>
>>63495379
this post is funny because the people who actually like this trash are the ones parroting RS
>>
>>63495914
go to a punk show and get beat up
>>
Can we talk about how the guitar tone on this album is fucking perfect? I mean, listen to Submission, just daaaaaaaamn.
>>
>>63489943

He thinks he's morally above the rest of us.
It's the same wanna-be-superior mentality that makes him tripfag, as if anyone cares who he is.

Filter and ignore, like with all tripfags.
>>
>>63496531

you
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.