[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is bob dylan /mu/ approved. Just wanna know before i try out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: bob dylan.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
bob dylan.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Is bob dylan /mu/ approved. Just wanna know before i try out one of his albums
>>
of course he is, but why would that even affect your decision?
>>
prolly bait but ya
>>
>>63488663
>>63488644

It was just a joke. I was serious about wondering if he was /mu/ approved though. Thnx guys
>>
really cringey thread already but ya
>>
>>63488639
Overrated as fuck, really just ok. Plenty of other singer song writers/ folk bullshit out there. Meh. I'm bitter.
>>
boring thread
>>
>>63488639
I just listened to Blonde on Blonde
How was it?
>>
>>63489165
my wife's son says it's too boring
>>
>>63488708
It wasn't a joke, you piece of shit. You're genuinely worried about whether or not a bunch of online scrubs "approve" of your taste. You aren't fooling anyone.
>>
>>63488639
Leonard Cohen better
>>
>>63488958
60s and early 70s Dylan is the greatest folk act in the history of modern music, period. If you think he's overrated, you're literally saying that every other musician in that genre is shit.
>>
only people who don't like dylan are contrarian or retarded
>>
>>63489284
Nick Drake and Leonard Cohen are better than Dylan.
>>
>>63489843
try harder tho
>>
Just listen to Desire and all your questions will be answered
>>
>>63488639
Listen to what you like autistic faggot
>>
>>63489890
What? Dylan voice fuckin sucks.
>>
spurned lots of imitators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV_G2nbSA4I
>>
>>63488639
It depends on who you ask.
>>
>>63488639
nigga looks like doctor who
>>
>>63489928
lmfao you stupid piece of shit
>>
The circus song on that album is rather good, that's all I have to say.
>>
>>63489843
Nah. Drake and Cohen are great but you're being a contrarian fag. sorry.
>>
>>63489843
>nick drake
started the shitty privileged white guy with guitar meme

DUDE SMOKE WEED IN UNI LMAO
>>
Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan are probably the two greatest songwriters of all time
>>
>>63493894
agreed
>>
ugh, Dylan fans, almost as bad as The Beatles...

>if you don't believe Dylan is the greatest folk act in the history of modern music you are being a contrarian fag

just sad.

he's definitely not the greatest and that anon was definitely right about Cohen being better. i would say there are quite a few others that are better. not Nick Drake though.
>>
>>63489894
That's a bad place to start. OP start with "Bringing it All Back Home".
>>
>>63488639
Dylan is one of the greatest lyricists ever. There are others that are comparable but they write in a different style. Dylan is a master at anger, turns of phrase and allegory.

Tom Waits is also an incredible lyricist, also uses a lot of turns of phrase (Step Right Up for example) but his lyrics are lot more conversational. He says he used to write by eavesdropping on conversations at bars/diners etc.

Cohen is another fantastic one, shocking and poetic. More mould breaking than both the former in some ways but musically I think Dylan and Waits shine.

Good first Dylan albums... Street Legal. Number one recommendation. That will be hugely unpopular but I love the sound he hit with this album.

Old Dylan listen to Freewheelin', Bringing It All Back Home, The Times They Are a-Changin'. Latter Dylan go for Oh Mercy, Time Out of Mind and Love and Theft. Mid period Dylan. Blood on the Tracks, Desire.
>>
>>63494022
>Street Legal

Mah nigga
>>
>>63494307
Mah nigga! First time anyone has agreed with that. It's hugely overlooked.
>>
Phil Ochs is better
>>
Donovan is better.
>>
>>63495146
There's actual evidence of you being wrong. Just watch the footage of Donovan and Dylan meeting in a hotel room. Donovan plays a song, Dylan watches. Dylan plays a song, Donovan looks like his soul just fucking gave up and died. Rofl.
>>
>>63495240
Donovan literally asked him to play that song, watch the clip closer next time.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.