[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if MBV would had been released 2 or 3 years after Loveless, it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: folder(1).jpg (3 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
folder(1).jpg
3 MB, 2400x2400
if MBV would had been released 2 or 3 years after Loveless, it would have been better received?
>>
>>63480492
maybe, but it's still hopelessly mediocre

People who say that mbv is better than Isn't Anything should be shot for having shit taste.
>>
>>63480492
Would have featured different production.
>>
It would have been the Be Here Now of shoegaze that definitively killed the genre instead of being seen as a successful comeback record
>>
>>63480492
No.

How does the Loveless remaster manage to sound better than pretty much every other album?
>>
>>63480492
also
>better received
are you kidding me? it was given almost perfect-rating glowing reviews out the gate. the hype was real, /mu/ was slobbering over it for a month straight, and then nothing.
>>
>>63480492
It's a superb album, people set their expectations too high and thought it was going to be a loveless pt.2 but it's a completely different atmosphere.
>>
Can we at least agree that Nothing Is and Is This And Yes are terrible?

Everyone seems to forget how filler-y they are.
>>
>>63480607
Nothing Is IS the definition of a filler track. Is This And Yes is not that bad but it should've been shorter.
>>
>>63480521
>People who say that mbv is better than Isn't Anything should be shot for having shit taste.

it really is better though. a much more mature sounding band.
>>
>>63480997
End your existence.
>>
>>63481025
>I'm in denial
>>
>>63481025
lol. it's a much better album in fact.
>>
Why does everyone obsess about which album is better than which? They're all fantastic albums.
>>
>>63480539
This basically
>>
>>63481183
insecure people just need their opinion confirmed.
>>
>>63481143
A DENIAL
A DENIAL
A DENIAL
>>
File: 1454275466364.jpg (719 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1454275466364.jpg
719 KB, 1000x800
>>63481183
Correct.

Isn't Anything is slightly stronger than MBV in my opinion, but all three albums are really close to perfection.
>>
>>63481183
>they're all fantastic albums
except mbv is terrible
>>
>>63481260
>but all three albums are really close to perfection
what the fuck, i thought /mu/ had good taste
>>
>>63481265
>except mbv is terrible
Quoth the plebeian.
>>
>>63480521
>>63481265
Gtfo pleb. Theres already a shit ton of Loveless copycats, go listen to those. MBV evolved their sound, it would be boring to have another Loveless.
>>
>>63482172
MBV wasn't as much of a paradigm shift as Loveless was, and many, many years later when much more has been done with the genre then.

The band lost momentum.
>>
It was pretty well received as is. I think the problem with how the album's perceived is that it mimics the reality of MBV rather than the legend. The band always moved forward in slow, incremental movements until they eventually got to Loveless. With m b v, it takes the Loveless sound, gives people what they want for a few songs, and then proceeds to disassemble it and play with the individual pieces a little. To me, it sounded like a band willing to tinker with a sound they knew they had already perfected, and it does sound like the album they would've released in 93/94 had they done so. Honestly, all I wanted was Isn't Anything jangle pop with Loveless tier production and Only Tomorrow was just that so whatever, I got what I expected for one song. I was cool with the resulting tinkering afterwards.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.