[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain why he isn't massive yet. There's been a whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5
Explain why he isn't massive yet.
There's been a whole in the market for someone like this for decades and he's here now and people still don't recognise to the fullest.
>>
>Tell me more
>>
I honestly think his arse personality is holding him back
>>
>>63477175
Youtube So The Flies Don't Come - Milo
>>
>There's been a whole in the market for someone like this for decades
where you got that from? but yea i like milo a lot hes great.
>>
>>63477197
>he doesn't know about tell me more
>>
>>63477222
A wordsmith with a retarded flow that doesn't take himself seriously but is capable of delivery a hard verse if the beat demands it
>>
>>63477255
ok but why has there been a markt for someone like this? where you see that market?
>>
>>63477163
He had his moment, he's too arrogant to progress.
>>
>>63477255
>doesn't take himself seriously

I've got some news for you, Anon...
>>
Earl's doing it better. That's why. Love Milo though.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 320x272
>>63477222
>>63477255
>>63477299
>>63477311
good lord
>>
>>63477299
had his moment? he is currently bigger than ever. so the flies dont came was his biggest success so far. since when has arrogance kept artists from progress? look at kanye. also i don't know what you think is that arrogant about him? still butthurt about his death grips comments or what? or that he doesnt like white people saying nigga?
>>
best tape of 2015 son
>>
milo has a pretty decent following, 4chan doesn't like him because a few years ago he said some shit about their Death Grips and they all hate him now
the whole 'arrogant personality discussion' does not exist outside /mu/
>>
when we're talking about that scene already. pic related is/was criminally underrated. my fav busdriver release t b h.
>>
>Explain why he isn't massive yet.

Because i can't find a fucking torrent for this album
>>
>>63477480
took me 5 seconds to find in the archive
>>
He makes me sad when I listen to him :(
>>
>>63477474
worlds to run was the best track i've heard in forever
that guitar loop, them horns, the amazing features, lyrics, everything fuck
rest of the album was pretty solid too, but that track was something special
>>
>>63477422
milo seems to be the type to literally sever connections over his neurosis. that's not good in the music industry

the "tell me more" screencap is more recent than his DG whining. I'm a huge fan of his music but he's an absolute child
>>
>>63477503
Link me to that shit pls. I've never used the archive before
>>
>>63477255
see busdriver
>>
this is totally gonna sound like spam, but i met this dude in a soundcloud thread and he's got this really solid project, sounds a lot like milo in terms of lyrics and that cloudy day vibe
https://soundcloud.com/onoderarene/sets/monologues
>>
>>63477547
are you talking about the hellfyre thing?
nocando, the rapper who owns the label fucked him over big time, so he left, why are you attacking him for that?
>>
>>63477541
it's my favorite track on the album too. some other amazing ones are black labor, ministry of the torture couch, and shadows and victories.

>>63477550
https://rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=so+the+flies+dont+come%3B+mega
>>
>>63477612
>https://rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=so+the+flies+dont+come%3B+mega
Thanks!
>>
>>63477610
no I'm not. I don't have the screencap on hand, sorry. someone on /mu/ is bound to
>>
>>63477612
you listened to fear of a black tangent? drivers discog is pretty huge and intimidating but i really dig that album
>>
>>63477648
okay well can you tell me at all what it was about? like paraphrase what you remember maybe?
>>
>>63477658
nah i actually haven't. i will check it out for sure.
>>
>>63477688
tell me more, milo.
>>
>>63477730
alright man as long as i know your thought process is literally based on a meme we got nothing more to talk about on the 4chan music board!
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2000x1317) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2000x1317
Ask and ye shall receive
>>
>>63477761
tell me more?
>>
i try to enjoy the music for what it is instead of focusing on the ridiculous dude that's behind it
>>
>>63477768
so what else should he respond to stupid insults like this? obviously ignoring would be better but he isn't arrogant for replying with "tell me more" at all. its arrogant to take part in a stupid raid on his tumblr which was obviously done by some /mu/tants, spouting racist and homophobic slurs at him for no reason (other than being buttmad that he insulted le precious meme grips).
>>
File: hobbes.jpg (18 KB, 300x337) Image search: [Google]
hobbes.jpg
18 KB, 300x337
do you guys actually go around calling people faggots and using nigga in real life
is that what people on /mu/ are like irl
>>
>>63477880
nah it's a little arrogant. the "galactic anxiety" rant is a prime example of his hubris. do you not process the inherent douchebaggery in hating your audience for being entitled white men?

his music is great. it's spectacular. it's some of the best hip-hop I've heard in recent years. and he is a child. I can hold both of those opinions at once

>>63477913
I call my friends faggots including my gay friend and my trans cousin. we don't care because we're not thin-skinned losers
>>
>>63477880
>>63477913
mhm mhm

tell me more
>>
where do people go to find music when they outgrow /mu/
>>
>>63477255
There's not a hole in the market for that though. The mainstream does not want that.
>>
yea i like to talk about lil sk inny niggers that make rhymes
>>
>>63478044
there's this really great safe space called Reddit where no one will ever call you mean names
>>
>implying he's the best art rapper

Busdriver
Aesop Rock
>>
>>63478044
>actually asking this question

You can't think for yourself and so do not deserve an answer.
>>
>>63477768
damn i though he was great,
>>
>>63477980
>hating your audience for being entitled white men
that's not what he said though
he hates entitled white men who use the word faggot casually
pretty big difference

>>63478044
find a nice community on /mu/ that you like
i almost never leave the tapmusic threads and this is the reason
try rym
or just find friends that are interested in music and go to shows with them and work your way from there
the world is out there my man
>>
>>63478102
i find aesop rock incredible boring
>>
Cavalcade is one of the greater hip hop mix tapes literally every made. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>63478136
>he hates entitled white men who use the word faggot casually

again, thin-skinned and full of hubris. it boggles me how he doesn't shy away from people that use phrases like "go to hell" for thinking that they 100% seriously want someone to suffer eternal damnation
>>
>>63478201
>thin-skinned
dude who are you trying to impress
why are you trying to act tough
it's not cool to use words that can hurt people and you're definitely not thin-skinned for not being cool with people calling others faggots
get off the internet for a while i think you need it
>>
>>63478246
good luck surviving real life
>>
>>63478246
You worded this so, so badly.
>>
>>63478246
hmmmm but can you tell me more?
>>
>>63478331
yeah i didn't put much thought into it
does it matter though? i'm not really debating anything, that dude isn't gonna listen to me no matter what i say

>>63478353
haha!

>>63478302
it's not like imma break down and stop functioning if someone says a bad word near me
i just don't like ignorant assholes that think they're right about everything. if someone thinks you're being rude you might wanna consider why that is, instead of insulting them further. just a suggestion
>>
>>63478397
if someone thinks I'm being rude I will indeed consider why that is

if someone puts it like milo put it I may call them a faggot
>>
>>63478397
Do you think these people go around unironically calling EVERYONE slurs? You might be the one who needs a break from the Internet.
>>
>>63478465
>unironically
is this the new actually? weird use of that word

and how can i know who those people will insult
who do they accept a no from?
>>
>>63478532
If you think there's no difference between someone calling their friend a faggot and a neo-Nazi proclaiming his genuine hate for gay people I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>63478532
I call my gay friend faggot. I call my trans cousin faggot. I am called faggot in return. I don't do this to random strangers because I'm not a raging autist. starting to suspect ur not too familiar with interaction
>>
>>63477474
Agreed
>>
>>63478532
this isn't me
>>
>>63478580
>someone calling their friend a faggot
i never said anything about this and why would i give a fuck about what friends call each other? i must've misunderstood something here

>a neo-Nazi proclaiming his genuine hate for gay people
this wasn't brought up either? of course i understand the differences between completely different scenarios i'm not a fucking idiot

what i'm talking about is the fact that if you call a person you don't know a faggot and he says "fuck you don't call me that" and you somehow put the blame on him, you're a fucking dick in my book

>>63478612
but the whole scenario here is about some kids calling a guy they've never met a faggot
i have no problem with friends and family calling eachother whatever they please, why would i? i didn't make myself clear apparently, sorry about that
>>
>>63478652
almost as bad as someone throwing a tantrum over a black person they don't know using the word "nigga", huh?
>>
>>63478652
Can you and your boyfriend quit shitting on my discussion. Thanks.
>>
>>63478652
Damn, you're right. I guess at the end of the day it's childish to project these things onto someone you don't know. I think if we took this child-like behavior even further, it would entail not supporting an artist because of something just as harmless as an exchange between friends.

But wait, let's go beyond the point of all maturity and reason and make it a publicly available rant attached to your persona. Wouldn't that just be daft?
>>
>>63478742
This isn't me. Do we have a serial impersonator in this thread?
>>
>>63477474
This so much. My favorite Busdriver since Fear of A Black Tangent and Cosmic Cleavage.
>>63477708
Yeah you totally should, it's great.

Yeah Milo is good and this was his first release I really enjoyed but I disagree with him filling an empty spot.
>>
>>63478698
milo isn't my god and i don't think everything he does is the absolute truth
c'mon dude
but i can see where he's coming from, he's a black american and a band with two white members out of three had the word "nigga" in their album title. i'm a white dude from sweden and i can't really put myself in his shoes but it's not completely unreasonable that he was unhappy with it
the way he handled the situation and the whole part where he was lashing out at fans who had nothing to do with it was pretty damn stupid though, no doubt about that
>>
>>63478825
Errors were made. I retract my statement and deploy it to the culprit
>>
>>63477255
So, DOOM, right?
>>
>>63478864
my white dad says "nigga" around black guys and they think it's hilarious because he's usually singing a Flocka song. point being that if it's something as goofy as "niggas on the moon" you only get mad if you're a wee bit of a baby. man I wish my dad's friends made hip hop instead of milo
>>
>>63477880
It isn't that he insulted a precious meme, it's that he sperged out and attacked another artist for no fucking reason, in a way that is honestly racist (saying that Stefan is somehow being used as a sort of Sambo doll), at least moreso than putting "nigga" in a title. If that bothers him so much why isn't he perpetually sperging about Taratino's filmography?

I actually love his music but I don't feel the need to defend his immaturity
>>
>>63479038
if you're dad's friends are cool with it then that's all fine and dandy
milo is obviously upset about it. all i'm saying is that you should just let him be upset without trying to prove why he's wrong or a little bitch or whatever. just let him be upset and leave it at that.
>>
>>63479085
but then we wouldn't have a wonderful meme such as tell me more
>>
>>63477163
As a man that has read, wrote, and published poetry for a decade and a half and taught poetry classes for years now, the fact that this cunt sincerely considers his writing poetry is annoying.

He's namedropping: the rapper. David Foster Wallace, Thomas Pynchon, Schopenhauer, Wittgenstein, and Nietzsche (among others) all within a few tracks with no outside relevance to the lyrics other than to namedrop.
I also think it's hilarious that a guy who's so seemingly volatile in his advocating of social justice cites Schopenhauer as a favorite philosopher considering he was so radically misogynistic. But that doesn't apply to Milo as a mulatto male so of course he doesn't get upset about it. His taste is pure undergraduate phil major, too, which is funny because the kid is literally a philosophy major dropout. The inexperience is palpable, it's silly. But that has nothing to do with his silly music.
>>
>>63479085
He put his rant on Twitter. Any backlash he gets is entirely on him
>>
>>63479126
why is his writing not poetry?
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.