[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
top: vinyl bottom: mp3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 1455394141622.gif (2 MB, 256x368) Image search: [Google]
1455394141622.gif
2 MB, 256x368
top: vinyl
bottom: mp3
>>
File: Spurdo.png (57 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo.png
57 KB, 800x750
Ebig :DDDDDDD
>>
Keep telling yourself that if you want.
Digital formats offer better fidelity though.
>>
>>63470019
I love the fluidity and sort of exaggerated movements of the old animation
Look how stiff and lifeless the second one is
>>
>>63471221
and the bottom one has more pixels so its better
>>
>>63471576
true
>>
>>63471576
Plus it means your watching later-era Simpsons
>>
>>63470019
Vinyl in my experience just makes things sound less compressed.
>>
If you claim to be able to tell the difference between analog and digital, you're bullshitting.
>>
>>63471710
If you threw a brand new record on a turntable, then threw something into a cd player, and played them both through the same aound system, I don't think I would be able to tell the difference in sound quality. Pleb, I know.
>>
>>63470019
>falling for the vinyl meme
>>
>>63471731
the frequency response of vinyl is well within the range of human hearing
there's nothing physically preventing anyone from being able to tell the difference between vinyl and cd
>>
>>63471710
>>63471760
Sometimes it's true.

But it's not due to the vinyl format itself, it's just the label using different masters. If you release the same master on vinyl and digital, vinyl will have surface noise and distortion but there will be no difference in compression.

>>63471731
If there were a "perfect" analog medium that had no surface noise or distortion at all, analog and digital would be indistinguishable.
>>
>>63470019

Marge looks like a fucking robot in the bottom
>>
>>63471576
Yup. Look at how marge turns her next in the second one, looks like a Robot.
>>
>>63472855
>>63472254
in the second one she doesn't react to the baby because she doesn't see it happen. It's kind of really retarded to compare on that basis. In the first it's about a moment between marge and maggie, and in the second it's about a moment between the two babies and marge is literally just in the background not noticing it.

There are differences in the animations but it makes me just think people are fucking morons when they point to this example of it.
>>
>>63472987
except the "momen"t between the two babies is also cringe-inducingly stuff and devoid of life. they didn't even bother to animate the in betweens of their fists shaking. fuck off.
>>
>>63473350
people weren't talking about that they said marge looks like a robot. Also I acknowledged the difference of animation, I just also pointed out that you are a retard.
>>
File: keep_it_togethr.jpg (47 KB, 723x587) Image search: [Google]
keep_it_togethr.jpg
47 KB, 723x587
>going into 2D animation
>mfw ill have to deal with shit like OPs pic
Tweening is the cancer killing 2D animation
>>
>>63473412
elaborate
>>
>>63473411
>hurr background characters should all move like robots
>>
>>63473458
Tweening is the artificial inbetweening of frames, basically. While this can be used right, such as if things are moving in a straight line, like a pan, its abused as a shortcut.
Tweening has no place in digital cel animation (think: Family Guy, Spongebob), but if used right, like in say, My Little Pony, where the assets of the charcters are all individually tweened in an Adobe Flash-type program, it can work.
The rule of thumb for any animation is to give the work life. Tweening stiffens up movement, therefore making it look lifeless and robot like.
>>
>>63473487
the only action she has is turning her head. In the first she reacts and moves the cart. It's in no way comparable. it's like you are complaining that about someone looking stiff standing still in an elevator compared to when they were running down a flight of stairs. You are retarded. Giving her superfluous movements in the latter one would detract from the action in the scene, and that action is also dependent on her not noticing the conflict that the babies have.
>>
>>63473657
did anyone read all of this?
>>
>>63473663
No
>>
>>63473663
>>63473672
4 sentences is too much for your dumbass too take the time to read because you are so important and busy browsing 4chan, but not so busy to avoid taking time to comment on it.

Pathetic. Lemme make your next joke for you since youre so busy

did anyone read all of this?

wow so clever
>>
>>63473709
did anyone read ANY of this?
>>
spot the small penis

hint: it's the mad one
>>
>>63473764
spot the faggot

it's the guy that's bringing up penises with nothing to say.
>>
>>63473657
Then its the animation director or storyboard artists fault for creating such a boring and stiff scene
>>
>>63473799
spot the homophobe

its the guy who thinks being gay is bad
>>
>>63473834
The focus of the scene is not her. It's the babies. They could have given her something to do to be distracted like look at a magazine or talk on a cellphone, but it's not really necessary. She is just standing in line after all.

Ive said since the first post I made I agree about the animation, I just think using this as an example of it is misleading and moronic because the focus in the two examples is completely different.
>>
>>63473858
now you are the guy with the small penis too mad fag
>>
Bottom looks better
Top is annoying
More detail =! Better
>>
>>63473959
this is really true. the information is completely nonessential. if any of the retards complaining about it actually cared about qualities like that they wouldn't visit a place like this where the content they see is abysmal. In practice the crudest stick figure memes are just as emotional as elaborate animation to most people.
>>
>>63473948
spot the mad redditor
>>
>fists shaking is literally 2 fucking frames repeated a couple times
It's been years since I saw this and it's still infuriating
>>
you're not allowed to like vinyl anymore OP
>>
>>63474010
please stop. revealing yourself to be a completely featureless dullard parrot is depressing. I preferred you with less detail.
>>
>>63473749
No
>>
>>63470019
Marge's hair represents cymbals
>>
>>63474076
translation:
look at me I'm in the in-group too.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.