[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would your favorite artists react if you told them you pirated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1453484893216.jpg (60 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
1453484893216.jpg
60 KB, 640x464
How would your favorite artists react if you told them you pirated all their material and never gave them a single penny apart from live shows?

Would they hate you /mu/?
>>
I think I would have to explain to Jim Morrison what pirating is.
>>
i don't think animal collective would care much
>>
>>63468875
lol
>>
>>63468856
Just googled his name and piracy and no results so I don't know.
>>
>>63468856
I dunno did you pirate anything by Metallica?
>>
>>63468911
ha ha ha
>>
I don't think Michael Gira would be very happy, and neither would my face after the meeting
>>
>>63468856

> Gira senpai pls dont rape me
>>
Well none of the guys from Yob give a shit about it sooooo
>>
I've never pirated any of their albums, so nyah
>>
I doubt they'd care. If they did, I'd hand them a buck for their lost royalties and let them keep the 80 cents change.
>>
>>63468856
I've actually done this while somewhat drunk to some guys in smaller touring bands. They just laughed and said they hardly see a dime of record sales anyways given how bad they get assfucked by the label.

On the other hand, they take home nearly everything they make on merch and make enough on live shows to get by. Buy a shirt and a vinyl and it won't even be like you pirated their entire discography.
>>
>>63468931
He'll make you a star tho
>>
Varg would be fucking pissed
>>
>>63468856
Would battles care? Warp is a pretty cool label IDK
>>
>>63470260
Especially when you tell him you pirated the pdf for Myfarog too :^)
>>
File: tumblr_n2vfd9pVTS1tr9rb8o1_500.gif (624 KB, 462x311) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2vfd9pVTS1tr9rb8o1_500.gif
624 KB, 462x311
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/nine-inch-nails-frontman-thinks-paying-for-music-is-a-relic-of-an-era-gone-by

"Steal it. Steal away. Steal, steal and steal some more and give it to all your friends and keep on stealing," Reznor, who has been dubbed the Ralph Nader of the music industry, said.

"Because one way or another these mother f---ers will get it through their head that they're ripping people off and that's not right."
>>
>>63471631
He later changed his mind. He was pissed because people where pirating his film scores.
>>
File: Shrugging-Man.jpg (54 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
Shrugging-Man.jpg
54 KB, 400x266
The artists I listen to aren't even on itunes or in-print.
>>
>>63468856
that's kind of a stupid question when you think about it. There is hardly a natural conversational way to say that to someone that wouldn't be at the very least extremely off-putting or dare I say, autistic. So how they react would not really be a measure of their moral views, just how well they deal with someone who is being a dick or is completely socially incompetent.
>>
>>63471945
you're thinking of it too practically
>>
>>63471988
What other way can you think of it?

The only way I can picture it happening naturally is if you were already good acquaintances with the artist for a long period or maybe if you were a giant d-bag and worked it into a kind of joking comment made during a financial transaction where you were actually in the middle of buying merchandise from them.

If you aren't actually looking at the question practically you are asking something completely meaningless, because the answers have no basis that is equatable to the reality we live in. If you just mean to ask what your favorite artist thinks about piracy, that's a very different question than putting them on the spot.

You might as well ask a more interesting question if you aren't thinking practically about it. What would your favorite artist do if you were talking to them and you subtly didn't stop rubbing your nipples the whole time?
>>
>>63472074
it's not that deep dude. It's just asking what you're favorite artist's opinion is on pirating
>>
>>63472115
Oh it's not that deep. my bad I didn't realize I was being so deep right now. I better start moving to the surface cause you don't want to be so deep.
>>
>>63468856
>Hello mister Handel, what do you think about piracy?"
"You bloody scoundrel, stay awaye from a personage of mine or else I'll inform the King's revenue men on thine folly"
>>
>>63468875
That would probably blow his mind, he'd love it
>>
>>63472166
deep is the wrong word. youre just taking the question far too literally.
>>
>>63472281
Why can't you just admit you are stupid?
>>
>>63472325
not even the same guy friendo
>>
>>63472217
Is there any record of how good Handel was in conversational English? Obviously he knew enough English to compose with it, but I believe most of his day to day conversation was with nobility, and most of them spoke the same Hannover German that he grew up speaking.
>>
>>63468928
Or your butthole after a few wine coolers
>>
it'd be their own damn fault for not reissuing their albums so they don't cost $50+ for a fucking cd
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.