[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do think about the new drones album /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 4
What do think about the new drones album /mu/?
>>
>>63467915
*you

Fuck
>>
>>63467915
Pretty good.
>>
>>63467915
Cuck music written by a politically illiterate populist who preaches for immigration and diversity yet he lives in a town that is something like 98% white. The actual music is shit too.
>>
So avant-garde
>>
>>63467950
Found the neo-con. How bad were your jimmies rustled?
>>
gonna listen tonight.
pree hype. 2016 has been great so far
>>
It's a good album and one of my favorites of the year so far but you can't discuss it because Fantano likes it.
>>
>>63467986
Yeah I'm kinda annoyed he reviewed it, I am glad they'll get some deserved exposure but now /mu/ will get all contrarian about it
>>
>>63467975
Found the dumb leftie.
>>
>>63468043
>>63467975
>wah wah my view of politics as someone who is simply an observer is right and yours is wrong!
both of you shut the fuck up and go hatefuck each other on /pol/
>>
>>63468058
But anon this album is very politically charged and impacts on a listeners opinion of it. So it should be discussed.
>>
>>63468125
With shallow arguments like "lol rustled neo-con" and "dumb leftie" Its quite apparent how shallow your political education is.
>>
>>63468137
I wasn't making an argument. I wanted him to elaborate.
>>
>>63468199
Don't try getting reason from people who use cuck as a legitimate argument
>>
>>63468221
Here is my arguement, the sheer disconnect between his populist left wing political ideology conflicts horribly with the reality of immigration in Australia and his experience with it himself. The lead singer lives in a town that is something like 98% white, there is also a song on the album where he implies with an uninformed little piece of cultural relativism, that the reason refugees become violent is because of the boredom and ennui associated with a stable suburban life in the country of Australia, pretty rich coming from someone who willing lives in a small town with a population that is almost 100% white, why doesn't he leave? He is preaching immigration from an ivory tower, he doesn't live in communities that have been negatively impacted by immigration over the past decade, he uses left wing intellectual signaling to pedal a populist political statement to garner more fans; hardly grounbreaking. The left is the new hegemony. Mass Immigration is currently destroying Europe and this dumb cuckold makes music from his white town telling people who are forced to live with the devastating consequences and suburban unrest to be more tolerant? If refugees are bored by living in a secular society with free healthcare and a generous welfare system and cause unrest in communities they should kindly fuck off. These leeches come to countries and leech as much welfare as possibl while also refusing to assimilate, while forcing their backwards theocratic religion on the countries citizens. It leads to breakdown of the welfare state that made these countries great in the firstplace and urban unrest and pockets of suburbs dominated by an angry mob of religious fobs. The drones can fuck right off.
>>
>>63468341
Maybe he's preaching against the leftist politics. Saying that these leftist benefits that are mentioned dont necessarily lead to a happy or fulfilling life
But even if it was as the way you are describing it I wouldn't really say he's wrong. It's not like these people are gonna have the easiest time assimilating anywhere. It takes more than government assistance to have someone assimilate. It's so much deeper than "heres some healthcare, and welfare, now go live a menial life like every one else."
You'd have to be mad to say being a normal person isn't boring as fuck.
>>
>>63468416
He isn't. He's a deluded leftist look up his interview with the Guardian
>>
>>63468416
Lol these people don't want to assimilate they want free money and the wedt to bend to their religion. They don't hate us because we're not liberal enough, they hate us for being liberal.
>>
>>63468428
Just because he says one thing doesn't mean it can't be interpreted another.
Subjectivity in music goes much further than how it sounds to your ears.
>>
>>63468447
Lmfao typical lefty, muh subjectivity, muh relativism. The singer is known for his ridiculous left wing political leanings its an objective fact.
>>
>>63468341
>If refugees are bored by living in a secular society with free healthcare and a generous welfare system and cause unrest in communities they should kindly fuck off

Do you think this describes the immigration system, or current immigration politics and policies in Australia? That refugees are taken in and given healthcare and welfare? I don't want to drop some huge statement like "you have literally no idea what you're talking about" or anything but it sure seems that you have literally no idea what you are talking about. Are you perchance just taking your half-knowledge of other immigration politics and attempting to apply it to a completely different context?

Also, this is not music related discussion. Fuck off back to /pol/ you tedious redpilled dickwit.
>>
>>63468468
I'm actual kind of moderate but I can see why you might say that. I'm trying to help strengthen your argument/tell you i agree with you to an extent as well but I guess you are too dumb to see that.
>>
>>63468469
Yes, I live in Australia, over the past decade they have been let in and given free shit. I've experienced the results first hand in numerous neighborhoods. They are cracking down tight on immigration because of it and dickheads like the drones are buttblasted.
>>
>>63468341
Are talking about his recent move to the country? Because they lived in Melbourne for years and left to be somewhere quiet and "get away from the never ending party" I read him saying somewhere. The fact where he lives now is 98%white or fucking whatever is coincidence.
>>
>>63468493
Hes lived in nagambie for ages. Its almost 100 percent white.
>>
>>63468492
Brilliant! Well given that you're actually Australian, I have literally no qualms in calling you a completely uninformed moron. The populist vote in Australia is not pro-immigration, dickhead, it is anti-immigration. That is the reason the Liberal government took such a strong line with it in the last elections, and that is the reason, which you might have worked out if you had even half a brain, that Labor followed suit and changed their own policies. You talk as if Liberalism is popular in Australia. You couldn't be more wrong.

But no, go ahead and post your sources, we're all waiting with bated breath for this proof of said "devastating consequences".

PS if you aren't saging you deserve to be banned. This is completely off-topic.
>>
>>63468531
Lmao youre deluded, the populist vote is left wing, hence why so many greens MPs won seats you fucking moron.
>>
>>63468531
Sources: I lived in an area that got an influx or refugees the crime rate went way up, so did assault cases.
>>
>>63468543
You realise just saying that is the case doesn't change a thing, right? You realise the Liberal government's maidenhead soundbyte throughout the entire election was "stop the boats", right?

You really think that not only would a government would be stupid enough to make the calling card of their campaign a non-populist issue, that they would win on the back of it? You really think this?

How stupid can you possibly be, honestly. This is why voting should not be a democratic right. You do not deserve the right to vote with your non-existant logical capabilities.
>>
>>63468557
>Source: my completely unsupported anecdotal say-so

Nice one. I'm convinced mate.
>>
>>63468578
Keep moving those goalposts, you're a typical leftie "free speech and voting should only be a thing as long as it aligns with my politicals views". Just last week there was a riot in the cbd with gangs that were mainly immigrants, there was the sydney siege not that long ago, people are constantly being arrested in the suburbs of sydney and melbourne on terror charges. The liberal won the election due to Incompetence and instability of the ALP. This is you:

>LITERALLY HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO VOTE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME!!!!.

There is a life outside your middle class existance in a suburb where houses cost 600 grand and over, you should travel down to a lower class community at night sometime and have a walk around.
>>
isn't this the same shit the guy said he doesn't give a fuck about in taman shud?
>>
>>63468637
How were the goalposts moved? My response that anti-immigration policies are popular was in direct response to your post, dickhead.

While you were coming up with this retarded response I found three surveys which prove that.

Enjoy reading, really, you should clearly do a little more of it.

http://www.news.com.au/national/were-a-land-of-racists-survey-shows/story-e6frfkvr-1226010436251

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/the-tide-of-public-opinion-is-turning-against-immigration/story-e6freuzr-1226362835067

http://pickeringpost.com/story/most-australians-now-anti-muslim/4331
>>
>wanna talk about music
>it becomes a shitty /pol/ thread
>>
>>63468645
Pickering post
New.com
Daily telegraph. Great sources mate.
>>
>>63468650
Those aren't the sources. Do you know what a source is?

Those are sites talking about the surveys, the links to the surveys lie in them, they are not provided by them.

You've had tertiary education, right? You don't list "Google.com" as a source, do you?
>>
>>63468645
Going to take that drive from your welathy white suburb down to a lower class neighborhood to see the effects first hand? Didn't think so.
>>
>>63468655
>biased surveys with a small sample size
>reliable

Pick one.
>>
>>63468663
Still waiting on any supported evidence of these "effects" beyond your anecdotal say-so friend.

Really. Go ahead and prove to me that immigration has a direct effect on the level of crime with statistics and facts. If you can do that, I'll consider changing my outlook. If you can't, you can expect nothing more.
>>
>>63468647
What did you like/dislike about the new record anon?
>>
>>63468672
In whose interests would you say creating a biased survey would be? I'm interested, given the nature of the sites talking about these surveys, the conglomerates they are notoriously known to be a part of... what your take is on that.
>>
>>63468705
10/10 Production values imo
I've only listened once though. Haven't dug incredibly deep on the lyrics yet, I liked a lot of the noisey synths and really smooth guitar tones throughout the whole album though. Like I said, the production values on this are insanely good. But the production values on I See Seaweed were great too so I shouldn't act surprised.
>>
>>63468677
http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/teenager-charged-with-terrorism-offences-over-alleged-melbourne-plot-20150509-ggxswm.html

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-26/teenager-arrested-charged-over-documents-facilitating-terrorism/7114762

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-23/alo-bridget-namoa-wife-of-sydney-terror-suspect-charged/7192280
>>
their last album was well shit. i dare say this'll be more of the same. i don't get their popularity.
>>
>>63468125
is it though? I think it's kinda apathetic towards politics.
>>
>>63468677
Lel you don't have to look at australia to see the effects of mass migration look at europe, women getting raped and beaten in the street every fucking day.
>>
>>63468739
I'd say frustrated. But with both sides of politics.
>>
>>63468752
I've only listened the once through and that's what I got. Just feeling fed up to political issues. Not preaching a leftist agenda that these anons are implying.
>>
>>63468748
>You don't have to look at specific socio-economic conditions or statistics or have any solid proof, just talk about crimes occurring on the other side of the world committed by people I choose to lump in the same group i.e "not us"

I'm taking you so seriously right now
>>
>>63468677
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

Religion of peace my friend! Bring peace where ever it go! Peace be with you
>>
>>63468764
Mate, mass muslim immigration has pretty much similar effects all over the world. Some are peaceful, most end up being violent savages who want to impose their theocratic religion on the west.
>>
>>63468677

http://m.baka.com.au/nsw/parramatta-shooting-gunman-identified-as-farhad-jabar-khalil-mohammad-20151003-gk0jze.html
>>
>>63468677
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Parramatta_shooting

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sydney_hostage_crisis
>>
>>63468010
he reviewed and loved their last album, its not like this is a new band to him
>>
File: images-1.jpg (1 KB, 112x74) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
1 KB, 112x74
>>63468792
BASELESS
A
S
E
L
E
S
S
>>
>>63468792
fuck off. one of my best friends is muslim and he just wants to fuck bit tit bitches and have a good time
the one guy i know who's super into being muslim also happens to be one of the softest speaking people i know, totally nice guy

look, i'm not saying that there are not problems going on with immigration out there but this image of the muslim as some sneaky invader is totally fucked. they are not some homogenous mass of drones trying to overtake the rational individualistic western male into their hivemind

didn't even want to get involved in this conversation
>>
>>63468834
Wealthy white boy who never stepped out of his safe surburban existance to see the reality of immigration in other communities, how is that white suburb of yours going buddy?
>>
>>63468834
not baseless, demonstrably false

pew report shows the overwhelming majority of muslims living in western countries do not want sharia law to be the law of the land
>>
>>63468848
Why do you think this is a valid argument?
>>
>>63468847
I have muslims friends too, but there youre seeing the trees instead of a forest, you can have friends of a certain religion but still see the downfalls of importing them on a mass scale. I also personally know shifty muslims who absolutely hate the west. Yeah they're not all bad, but there is slowly becoming a fair few who are.
>>
>>63468792
You are fucking retarded and should be excluded from democration all together.
>>
File: 1447503412602.png (99 KB, 168x244) Image search: [Google]
1447503412602.png
99 KB, 168x244
>>63468792
>>
>>63468860
Lmao because I know I am correct. You live in a suburb where houses regularly sell for over 700 grand, the immigrants you do see are educated and assimilated you're completely detached from communities who are experiencing problems with immigration. Once you have witnessed things forst hand, you will understand what I mean, but you never will, because like the drones, you preach diversity from your ivory tower.
>>
>>63468848
I'm not OP but I'm a white male in suburban Australia, who happened to be born and raised in Saudia Arabia. You're a condescending piece of shit. The tension between the east and west is way more layered than muslims being violent.
>>
>>63468870
Typical lefty

I DONT AGREE WITH YOU SO SHOULD BE SILENCED

Lmfao
>>
>>63468848
Low-Middle class worker that spends everyday working around Dandenong, Cranbourne and the rest of the SE suburbs of Melbourne. I also used to be a door to door salesman working in the same areas AT NIGHT when I was 18 for a year. Never had one single problem or incident.
>>
>>63468896
typical contrarian

I FOUND A WEBSITE THAT HAS NAUGHTY OPINIONS THAT I DON'T HEAR IN REAL LIFE SO IM GOING TO REGURGITATE THEM AND POST MEMES TO SHOW MY EDGINESS.
>>
>>63468888
How are all those crimes against women and gays going in Saudi Arabia, been over there lately? Lovely place. The shocking political crimes against dissenting citizens everyday has nothing to with their theocratic dictatorship of islam at all. Islam is peace brother!
>>
>>63468901
Last time I passed through cranbourne it was predominantly white with a few Indians and asians, they're peaceful, let them in, I just think the country should exercise caution with islamic immigrants.
>>
>>63468864
fine, i personally don't see why this discussion isn't completely focused on foreign policy rather than cultural identity.
anwyway this whole thread flamed with political identity signaling bullshit that wasn't even on topic
>>
>>63468919
Yeah, a government that right wing america endorsed and turned into the superpower of the middle east. They're horrible crimes against humanity and western establishment allows to continue because of capitalist greed.
>>
>>63468941
yeah shitloads of indians and asians are muslim you dense fuck. stop listening to the tv telling you muslims are bad, those are the people you see every day just going about their bidness just like you, fgt.
>>
>>63468887
Not what I asked. Why do you think 'this', is a valid argument:

>you can't be right because you don't live in a slum
>>
>>63468957
Lmfao muh west muh west

Solve your own problems. it's everyones fault except your own religion apparantly. Get rid of islam you get rid of most of the problems
>>
>>63468974
>indians
>muslim

Mate all my indian mates hate muslims more than anyone else I know. Only a select few asians are muslim. Ive never met a Chinese, vietnamese, or japanese muslim. Fuck off you dumb lefty tripfag.
>>
>>63469004
we're talking about australia here, we've got the biggest muslim population right next door, dickmouth. and they're asian a f.
>>
islam isn't some terrorist manual
the middle east isn't a terrorist factory, and if you think it actually is at least be aware aware of who has made all the big moves there the past century, and who currently backs the money the runs everything over there
>>
link pls
>>
>>63469037
Im just speaking from personal experience, europe is also being torn apart by lax border policy at the moment to the point of some women not being able to leave their homes at night. I have a wide circle of friends, some muslim, and some who used to follow islam, the people I know who got out of it were Turks, it upset their parents but they dont follow the religion anymore to the point of eating ham and pork on a regular basis, they also have looked back and said how backwards the religion is. Look they're not all bad but it's a serious problem at the moment at needs to be handled correctly before more extremists slip through the system.
>>
>>63467915
first I've heard of it but kinda liking it so far
>>
>>63469087
It's on Soulseek. Definitely worth a purchase though
>>
I'm listening for free on spotify web player that i signed up for with just my email and I see importcds has it for only $7 so if my local record store I go to every friday has it for $10 or less I'll pick it up

unless it starts sucking but this first song was really cool
>>
ew this second song isnt starting off very well so far
>>
well I guess the second song has some cool pizzicato stuff going on with a nice contrasting drone

and he doesnt care that I'm a pedophile? cool
>>
>>63469132
Sorry you need to be strayan to like that song.
>>
>>63468981
>being this silly

Read a book mate
>>
>>63469153
oh huh well it turned out ok I suppose kinda like the third song which just finished
>>
Man I fucking hate people talking about Australian politics online. Like, really fucking hate it. It's such a pathetic shitshow all the time and it's guaranteed to ruin any semblance of interesting discussion.

I get that it's a politically charged album but hey, how about prioritising a discussion about the album. I've cut out so many of my politically active friends not because of their interest in politics/viewpoints but because they're fucking insufferable to be around conversationally.
>>
>>63469132
weird. that's the song that got me hyped on listening to the rest of it. so far it's somehow noisy psychedelia, waiting for more subtly heavy shit
>>
I'd say without a shadow of a doubt that To Think That I Once Loved You is probably this year's best power ballad.
>>
>>63469186
sorry babe i'm working on it :(
>>
>>63468981
Actually now that ive read this over I spoke too soon I cant blame islam for everything similar things happen in non islamic countries, I do however think it should be corrected internally rather than the west interfering even more.
>>
>>63469200
what I'm on right now and offhand I'm not sure what the competition would be
>>
>>63469195
yeah it turned out ok but just started off slow

the cacophonous parts of the first song is what grabbed my attention though
>>
>>63469186
>tfw used to be one of those insufferable cunts
Welp
>>
Australians should be fucking banned from the internet. They always have a superiority complex and all they do is shitpost about their own special little Aussie club (because their national identity is literally ALL they have to talk about). Either that or they're on /pol/ and literally every conversation they have has to be about how "muh Muusleems" are taking over white countries or some fucking bullshit like I literally, do not care.
>>
>>63469252
Buddy, there is not a chance in hell the general Australian presence is any worse than the gargantuan influx of bullshit post-ironic shit for brains neo-conservative fuckflood of Americans that've sprung up seemingly everywhere outside of /pol/ since the Trump election started.
>>
>>63469242
As long as you're more self aware these days.
>>
>>63469267
Some Americans don't give a shit though. On most boards with flags, it's usually a high amount of the lesser number of Australians being cunts, and a lesser amount of the higher number of Americans.
>>
File: 1452502313029.jpg (28 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1452502313029.jpg
28 KB, 720x720
>>63469252
fuk u
>>
>>63467986
Yeah, like how it was discussed before he reviewed it, right? It was available for a whole week before it dropped and I saw literally one thread about it, and it died after 3 replies.
>>
>>63469342
Release Date: 3/18/2016

well at least I'm not exactly out of the loop
>>
>>63469252
kek saved.
>>
Gala Mill > Havilah > I See Seaweed > Wait Long By The River > Feelin Kinda Free > Here Come The Lies
>>
Lyrics+Vocals ruining everything for me.
>>
>>63467915

it's decent
>>
>>63469456
Explain yourself!
>>
>>63469508
... it's their discog subjectively ranked...
>>
>>63469521
Go on.
>>
>Shut Down SETI
interesting subject
>>
>>63469252
We are master shit posters, i dont even really believe half the stuff I said in this thread, I just wnjoy arguing online and playing the devils advocate. A lot of my friends are immigrants kek. Muslims aren't too bad, most of the ones i know are fine. Good thread fellas. Pissing off ardent liberals is just too easy.
>>
>>63469623
>i don't mean what i said but yeah i did
>implying trigger fingers weren't popping everywhere
>>
>>63469684
You're obviously not an auzzie, why do you think we're known as such renowned shit posters on 4chan. Calling people dopes who don't know what they're talking about, posting articles of isolated incidents that makes muslims look bad, lmaoing every post. You clearly can't handle the bantz m8. Yeah some muslims can be pretty fucking hardcorw and hate the west, I've known a few in my time, but the most I know are pretty chill and don't even care about the the rules of islam that much, even some I know That follow it pretty hardcore are chill and open to a bit of banter about it. All the liberal amerilards and cancucks on 4chan get triggered hard. As soon as I saw thi drones thread I knew I was going to troll it, I always troll drones threads because their fans are so left wing and easy to piss off.
>>
>>63469004
>tfw Asia is made up of 3 countries
>>
>>63469456
I See Seaweed >= Feelin Kinda Free > Gala Mill > Wait Long Enough By The River > Havilah > Here Come The Lies

Worth noting that I really like all of their albums
>>
>>63470193
And I'm feeling that Havilah might overtake Wait Long Enough pretty soon
>>
>>63467950
Since when do the demographics of your town invalidate your opinions?
>>
>>63468341
You're talking about the song Boredom I assume. I'm pretty sure that he is talking about immigrants that are now inside western suburbia and the draw to go back to their homeland to fight for ISIS. ISIS has allured people from the west, so I don't know why you're so baffled by that assertion.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.