[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this ever be topped? So far only two albums have come close.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Troutmask_COVER600px[2].jpg (373 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Troutmask_COVER600px[2].jpg
373 KB, 600x600
Will this ever be topped? So far only two albums have come close.
>>
>>63465307
I dropped it after the first song for the vocals
>>
>>63465321
Trout Mask Replica is a monumental experiment in irregularity and an impressive catalog of vocal acrobatics. Raucousness, gargling, heavy breathing, whispering, falsetto, etc. are needed in order to dismantle the art of singing and transform it in a degraded emission of beastly verses. The dominant instrument is the clarinet that pops up everywhere in a "hit and run" guerrilla mode.

The overall meaning of the pandemonium in Trout Mask Replica is not only playfulness, or the negation of a meaning. The allegorical messages of Van Vliet's masterpiece are multiple, hidden by layers of abstractions that allow a cosmic-metaphysical interpretation, despite the author's pretense of illiteracy. These interpretations redirect the listener toward a form of apology for madness, to the primordial stages, and to chaos, counterposed against the monolithic order of technocratic society.
>>
>>63465307
which albums, OP?
>>
Thanks to /mu/ I wasted over an hour today listening to this garbage. I think its genuinely one of the worst albums I've ever heard. The only way you could enjoy this album is if you had some form of autism.
>>
@63465456
you don't even deserve a (You)
>>
>>63465456
That time wasn't wasted m8. Firstly, because you listened to a well-deserved classic and thus expanded your listening history. Secondly, this album is a grower; try listening to the tracks that you liked the most without listening to the whole thing first
>>
>>63465456
Listen more
>>
>>63465524
True, I always like to expand my music listening history - even if I didn't enjoy it. The only positive aspect of the album for me so far is it is reminiscent of John Frusciante's guitar work on Blood Sugar Sex Magik (which was great).
>>
>>63465574
Don't listen to it for a couple of days/weeks, then return to it. Try some of Beefheart's previous stuff like Safe as Milk, a fantastic album. Remember the album sounds like a hot mess, but is still meticulously crafted
>>
>>63465456

this
>>
MAH SMiLE IS STUCK
>>
>>63465574
Try listening to songs like "Pachuco Cadaver" or "Hobo Chang Ba" which are easily his most accessible and most catchy songs
>>
>>63466179
what about Ella Guru? Moonlight on Vermont? Veterans Day Poppy?
>>
>>63465307
The OP almost sounds like a Buzzfeed article
>>
>>63466459
Those are catchy as well, but for me personally, I feel like the flesh horn voice made by Jeff Cotton might be a bit weird for some first time listeners.
Moonlight on Vermont is definetly one that he should listen too as well, it must have slipped my mind.
Not sure about Veterans Day Poppy. When I first heard it, I found the beginning a bit annoying because it sounded so much like a fake cartoon military sound off which I guess they were going for, but once the second half of the song comes on and the atmosphere changes I instantly loved it. It's definitely one of the more accessible ones, but it was harder for me to get into personally
>>
File: mu_first.jpg (61 KB, 450x434) Image search: [Google]
mu_first.jpg
61 KB, 450x434
>>63465307
I have always seen people tell others to listen to his other albums and stuff like that, but maybe you should listen to the albums his band members also put out.

If you're into psychedelic music mixed with blues you should definitely check out MU, a criminally underrated band that I have never seen posted here, or anywhere to be frank.
>>
i dont really understand it and i dont really respect it. why do peop0lpe love this album so?
>>
>>63465307
Looks like a retard has listened to TMR for the first time today and has been spamming it like the autist he is.
>>
>>63465307
>>63466998
Forgot to post some links for those too lazy to search for MU themselves
Blue Form:
https://youtu.be/iRaFnJt7Jn0
Nobody Wants to Shine:
https://youtu.be/EgSdpYJpi9A
Ain't No Blues:
https://youtu.be/7jiOljqRXM4
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.