[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really like this album! Where do I go from here? Never listened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: Cover.jpg (117 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
117 KB, 500x500
I really like this album!

Where do I go from here? Never listened to much of this type of music
>>
File: folder.jpg (205 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
205 KB, 600x600
>being this new
No but really it's refreshing to see a break in /mu/'s self loathing post-irony and see some wholesome sincerity regarding the music someone appreciates. Stay golden, newfrog.

Also, listen to this album.
>>
nice stuff. check out Pop Tatari by Boredoms, maybe some Drive Like Jehu or Minor Threat

have fun friend
>>
>>63464489
Atomizer for sure, friend.
>>
Rapeman for the best thing Albini ever did

Mclusky - Mclusky do dallas
Lightning Bolt - Fantasy Empire
Pink & Brown - Shame Fantasy II
Black Eyes - s/t
Daughters - s/t
>>
File: HOWTOGETINTONOISEROCK.jpg (2 MB, 1575x1636) Image search: [Google]
HOWTOGETINTONOISEROCK.jpg
2 MB, 1575x1636
Check out this chart.
>>
>>63464752
This is an intimidating chart! Should I just start with the first one? Which are the best?
>>
>>63464810
Yeah, it is a bit intimidating, and doesn't really give a good indication of where to start. It mostly just lists significant Noise Rock albums. I would start with the Big Black, Rapeman, and Shellac albums. They were all fronted by Steve Albini (same guy from the album you posted). From there I would check out The Jesus Lizard. After that, if you still want more, just try random albums on the chart. No order is really needed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljgs9Bbe_wU

Official lyric video for "Tragic Alert" from Ministry mainman Al Jourgensen's new project, SURGICAL METH MACHINE. Self-titled debut album, out April 15, 2016 via Nuclear Blast Records.
>>
>>63465027
what's up with all the NBR viralling this week
>>
>>63465057
first time I've posted this in an entire week actually and its the only thing I've ever posted which has been quite a bit admittedly since I'm excited as fuck to hear even another song let alone the entire album
>>
File: evol.jpg (190 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
evol.jpg
190 KB, 608x608
>>63464489
listen to pic related, one of my absolute favorites
>>
>>63465154
what the fug

and the similarities are where?
>>
File: 1454904074141.jpg (1008 KB, 1057x900) Image search: [Google]
1454904074141.jpg
1008 KB, 1057x900
>>63464810
this chart is better
>>
>>63465180
try scratch acid and the jesus lizard
if that's still too different, just listen to more big black
>>
>>63465180
>>63465253
Jesus Lizard's First EP Especially, they used a drum machine and it's really low fidelity, so there's a big blackish vibe to it, and Jesus Lizard Just got better for the next four albums after it.

>>63465228
Also, this chart is pretty goo, start at the top
>>
>>63465346
*good
>>
>>63465180
this post got 2 replies yet neither addressed my actual question in the least

okaaaay
>>
>>63465180
noise-rock essentials
>>
>>63465452
I mean specific similarities within these two albums as in what songs and why
>>
>>63465423
>>63465493
Sonic Youth Sucks, I didn't post it, my reply was augmenting the first guy's Jesus Lizard suggestion, which was to point you in the direction of an artist that sounds a bit more like Big Black.

Gang of Four's Entertainment is reminiscent of atomizer in a lot of ways, you should check that out as well
>>
One time my mom found this on CD in my room and asked me if I was gay.
>>
>>63465493
oh, I just wanted to recommend a noise-rock album that I love and that is different to SAF so as to give OP a bigger perspective on the genre. I know Big Black lies more on the post-hardcore side.
>>
>>63465551
an important part of anonymous forums is to directly address the specific posts

because I'm not op
>>
File: 1450243192162.jpg (133 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1450243192162.jpg
133 KB, 1024x768
>>63465594
sorry for not following the rules anon, I was lazy in my linking
>>
>>63464810
just pick the one with the coolest album art
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z27NFabLWOg
>>
If anyone is still here, I am digging the fuck out The Jesus Lizard

Their Goat album is really fucking cool
>>
>>63467509
They're my favorite band, Liar, Down, Head, and Pure are also fantastic, but Goat is the best
>>
>>63467509
great band
>>
>>63464752
>Hell Songs
>no Daughters- s/t

you fucked up m8
>>
>>63467509
You seem to be new to /mu/. You know who the line "dont get me wrong he is a nice guy (...) but he is a mouthbreather" is from? Steve albini! He refered to britt walford from slint. Check out slints spiderland and tweez. Tweez is pretty noisy/punkish (sounds a bit like jesus lizard) and spiderland might be very different but it is great nobetheless. Trust me great stuff
>>
Dude listen to Atomizer it's even better than SAF. Also The Hammer Party after you're done with the LPs.

Might as well listen listen to all Albini bands: Rapeman and Shellac.

Also Tweez by Slint. If you liked Tweez listen to Spiderland in case you still haven't.
>>
>>63471672
>Steve albini! He refered to britt walford
wait is that true or meme
>>
>>63471746
No it's actually true.
>>
Lightning Bolt-Hypermagic Mountain
Brainbombs-Obey

Flipper is a meme and not very good
>>
>>63471820
Sounds rude as fuck. Albini is a bro/pro.
>>
>>63471746
No meme. Watch breadcrumb trail. He took a shit in one of the jesus lizard guys coffee because he accidentally bumped into him ruining his cigarette. He also showed up to albinis house pointing a shotgun at him.
>>
>>63471840
Albini liked him a lot though. The fugazi and jesus lizard guys did as well.
>>
>>63471876
lol
Honestly I'm not crazy about watching Breadcrumb Trail because I feel it will ruin Spiderland for me.
>>
>>63470565
>>
BIG
>>
>spoonfeeding

Disgusting
>>
>>63471910
this is true, if you care about slint and their background by all means, but if you like the album lots but not the band, dont

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
None of the lyrics mean anything, it was recorded over 2 days and none of the members are happy with it
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
>>
>>63475064
>none of the lyrics mean anything

this feels like a pretty immature take on art in general, as if meaning in art was some objective thing that the artist either had or didn't... regardless of the intent of the artist, meaning is usually derived from the audience + meaning can be created unintentionally. also who cares if the members are happy with it or not, tons of actors can't watch themselves in films and no one is ever completely, eternally satisfied with the art they create.
>>
>>63465862
this tbqfbntbh family
>>
>>63475203
i do
also i like when artists express their emotions in music
>>
>>63475303
The lyrics are OBVIOUSLY not complete nonsense. It takes a great deal of work and passion to craft a detailed narrative like that of breadcrumb trail + have u even heard the screaming of "i miss you" in good morning captain? Arguing that the lyrics are emotionless / meaningless is a ridiculous assertion.
>>
>>63475347
they heavily implied it in the film
no member talked about anything regarding the lyrics other than they were rushed
>>
check out Big Ups
>>
>>63474778
REEEEEE
>>
>>63465551
>Sonic Youth Sucks
no
>>
Check out the first two Public Image Ltd. albums too OP
>>
Lightning Bolt - Wonderful Rainbow
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.