[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LYSF or F#A# ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (187 KB, 494x275) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
187 KB, 494x275
Which Godspeed album do you prefer?
>>
>>63463647
I got into Godspeed through LYSF but over the years I find myself leaning more towards F#A#. It might just be because I've overplayed it though.
>>
F#A# > LYSF > Riot > Yanqui > ADBA > Asunder

All of them are an 8/10 or above so who cares 2bh
>>
F#A#Infinity
simply because it hit me so hard when I first heard it, and LYSF took a while to grow
>>
>>63463685
this
>>
Got into them with ADBA, slowly got into LYSF then F#A#. Personally, I like F#A# the best, but LYSF is a close second. Both great albums, either way.
>>
>>63463647
I've held off of listening to any of their albums until I get a good pair of headphones. I assume I wont get a good experience on apple earbuds.
>>
I think LYSF is a bit too long so I prefer F#A#infinity. But, it's like comparing a 9/10 and a 9.5/10 there isn't really a point.
>>
>>63463843
You likely won't, you really need to capture the full band in order to understand the love for them
>>
>>63463647
lysf, f# is slightly overrated
>>
>>63463890
Spoken like a true plebeian
>>
>>63463647
f#a#infinity is better. LYSF is pretty great though
>>
Slow Riot
>>
>>63463965
>no spiderland
What a disappointment. You managed to miss the greatest album of all time
>>
>>63463934
allelujah is the true patrician pick u dingus
>>
>>63464007
That's not Yanqui
>>
>>63463647
I'm not even kidding when I say that Asunder is my favorite Godspeed album, I love the heavy drone influence building on their existing sound.
>>
>>63463992
>the greatest album of all time
>implying
>>
>>63463992
Spiderland is alright
>>
I think LYSF is more of a full experience, you really get a full range of emotions and images

F#A# is great at what it does, which is convey pure desolation and hopelessness. I just prefer LYSF
>>
>>63464063
Well, I'm not wrong. Spiderland is the greatest album ever released by one or more human beings.
>>63464083
What a plebeian
>>
>>63463647
they're all shit and you're all tryhards for pretending this bland instrumental dribble even gives you feels.
MUH CRESCENDO
MUH STRINGS
>>
>>63464112 (You)
>>
got into Godspeed with Yanqui, from there i listened to LYSF and F# (both on the same day, don't remember the order) and appreciated F# more for its dark, emotional themes which were now conveyed through field recordings and spoken word instead of purely instrumental compositions as were featured on Yanqui.

to this day LYSF is nothing special to me because not a single time have i gotten goosebumps when listening to it, unlike when i was listening to f# or yanqui. LYSF was plagued by underwhelming and stupid sounding crescendos, and was overly chaotic in some places. idk. it just never really clicked with me. it's a good album but nowhere near as good as f# or yanqui
>>
>>63464101
D O N
L A U G H E D
A S
H E
F E L L
O U T S I D E
>>
>>63463647
started with F#A# and it's remained my favorite since the day I listened to it

I feel as though LYSF is a little bit more formulaic and doesn't do as good a job of setting a tone like F#A# does.

I love them both dearly
>>
>>63464178 (You)
>>
F#A# Starts stronger, but ends weaker. LYSF is more consistent throughout.
>>
>>63464228
<3
>>
>>63464249 (Me)
>>
Slow riot. It's consistent throughout without dragging on for too long like LYSF. It's a perfect balance.
>>
>>63463871
i'm going to sound like a pleb. What headphones do you guys use to actually understand these albums?
>>
File: 1458420537954.jpg (109 KB, 495x562) Image search: [Google]
1458420537954.jpg
109 KB, 495x562
Riot > F#A#Infinity = LYSF > Yanqui = Asunder > ADBA
but like another anon said, this is all semantics, theyre all 8/10s anyways
>>
>>63464084
winner
>>
>>63464642
actually no what i meant was that the lowest score i've given to a GYBE album was an 8/10

slow riot, f#, lysf and yanqui are honestly all 10/10s
>>
>>63464642
Pretty accurate ranking, I'd agree
>>
>>63464684
Ah yea, now that you mention it, i meant that theyre all -at least- 8/10s as well
>>
>>63464231

The original F# literally never ends. Maybe one feels like this because new parts of the album were recorded for the CD release
>>
>>63464767
The entire album was rerecorded and rearranged for the CD release so that's a bit of a redundant statement
>>
>>63464642

>Asunder > ADBA

I don't agree
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.