[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Almost always preferring the first half of an album because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 1457535916371.png (672 KB, 906x799) Image search: [Google]
1457535916371.png
672 KB, 906x799
>Almost always preferring the first half of an album because of my short attention span rather than having a balanced opinion of the songs

Should I just kms /mu/
>>
Is it by ratio or interval?

Do you lose focus after a certain time, or do you only listen to the first half of the album regardless of its length?

If its the first, just listen to EPs.
>>
>>63463111
I listen to the whole thing but passively towards the end so I don't really take it in. Whatever the reason I just always have a bias for the top half
>>
>>63463069
I can relate
>>
what if you start an album in the middle
>>
>>63463183
I do that from time to time but it just feels so wrong
>>
I find myself listening to an album on a 30 minute drive, so I only ever hear the first half
>>
Yesterday I re-listened to Keep It Like A Secret and sang along to the first 2/3 and literally didn't recognise the last few songs
>>
whats kms?
>>
>>63463301
kill-my-self
>>
>>63463301
kiss my sister
>>
>>63463165
Not who you replied to, but I used to have this same problem
Try and find a minute mark that you notice yourself losing interest in the album, and just stop. Later go back to that song you left off on and just start from there, do this as much as you need to until you start to appreciate the whole thing more, and can sit through it attentively the whole way through. Also, try to listen to shorter albums. the sweet spot for me is right at 45 minutes, which thankfully is a pretty average time for albums, but maybe yours is closer to 30, which is fine. Hope this helps
>>
>>63463357
I'm not op but I have the same problem. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>63463301
keep mentioning sausages
>>
>>63463385
Keep it, it's all yours my friend!

Just kidding, glad I could help
>>
File: iwatchedthemallbleedclarence.jpg (37 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
iwatchedthemallbleedclarence.jpg
37 KB, 365x450
>>63463218
>Only listen to music in my car
>Have old CD player that doesn't display song titles
>"So Anon, what's your favourite song on the album?"
>Look like a giant pleb because, despite genuinely loving the album I can't name a single song off of it
>>
>>63463301
keep my scrotum
>>
>>63463301
kilometers per second
>>
>>63463357
I really was just expecting to get put on blast ITT, but you've actually given me some good advice. thanks!
>>
If you can pay attention to a whole movie, I see no reason why you can't pay attention to an album.
>>
>>63463301
>whats kms?
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>63463301
killing me softly
>>
>>63463357
>>63463559
And yeah, I notice all my favourite albums are shorties, 45m usually. Anything an hour plus feels like a double album to me and has to be litsened to in installments usually
>>
>>63463301
kuck my shit (up)
>>
>>63463301
kryptonite mangles superman
>>
>>63463301
killer make-out session
>>
I have the same problem. It takes me 20 minutes to walk to uni so I always end up liking the first 3-4 tracks of any album more than the rest because they grow on me after listening to them way too much,
>>
>>63463650
spoiler alert, dick
>>
Start an album, finish it, then relisten to it in reverse order. Refresher.
>>
>>63463438
Same here man. 2009 hyundai sonata. All the hip kids have their wireless blueteeth shit. I want to use Spotify too. I want to leave my CDs safe at my apartment. I want to feel loved.
>>
>>63463301
kinsella master race.
>>
>>63463678
sad
>>
>>63463301
korn's music sucks
>>
>>63463562
With a movie, you have both audio and visual stimulation.
>>
>>63463874
Plus they're intentionally 'gripping' and have an engaging narrative
>>
>>63463894
I mean, to be fair REALLY good albums grip me the whole way through.

But most albums I just sort of drift off towards the end, even if I'm enjoying it.
>>
File: MtAjScc.gif (451 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
MtAjScc.gif
451 KB, 352x240
just listen to a few songs at a time you dolt nobody's forcing you to listen to the whole thing at once

>being this dumb
>>
>>63463269
Well The Plan to Sidewalk is a really good string of songs. From Bad Light onwards it gets a little iffy.
>>
this thread is being fun guys, let me post a random good @SHORT SPAN special@ song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlZlst4NBVw
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.