[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will rap ever die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: fgdf.png (42 KB, 529x351) Image search: [Google]
fgdf.png
42 KB, 529x351
Will rap ever die?
>>
>>63461028
not with the joos at the power, to be honest
>>
You know, we TRY to have a nice music festival and give bands a chance to be heard by a diverse audience, and we get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmugI9qN-ZI
>>
>>63461119
hello pol
>>
Not as long as there are white kids
>>
>>63461120
??????????????????????????????

this is bait right
>>
>>63461198
hey tumblr
>>
>>63461405
why would that be bait? you think diversity is a good thing?
>>
>>63461028
It's already dying, the most popular stuff out right now is rap/R&B hybrids. Even the trap rappers are singing now.
>>
rap is electronic music
>>
File: IMWHIPPINTHETRAPOUTTHEBANDO.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMWHIPPINTHETRAPOUTTHEBANDO.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
I KNOW YOU WANT THIS FOR LIFE

CUZ IT GET COLD LIKE MINNESOTA
>>
>>63461120
>>63461899
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 479x582) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 479x582
>>63461028
>>
File: not even me.png (41 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
not even me.png
41 KB, 260x260
>>63462123
>>
>>63462151
>one cannot give (You)s to multiple people
>>
>>63461028
>inb4 this gets repeated multiple times a day for a month like the TPAB racism threads
>>
>>63461999
changing form /=/ dying

hip hop has gone through more than a few changes in the past two decades, it returning to 90s style r&b hybrids isn't going to kill it.
>>
>>63461120
niggas always got to shoot up the place
>>
of course it will. Just like rock died out, hip hop will die out as well. After all, it's the new rock and roll.

But what will replace it?
>>
>>63462362

Probably rock again. We've created all possible genres. There's nowhere to go from here but the old thing, but kinda different.
>>
>>63462362
>But what will replace it?
/bleep/
>>
okay listen like
zach hill killed someone right
like i've been listening to death grips all week to try to understand what the big deal is and i haven't done a connect the dots on all the cryptic shit the do but just after a quick one over like
this is his confession to murdering someone in a filthy hotel room right
>>
>>63462362

Rock returns. Teens want anger and anti-establishment, and when rock got tame, hip-hop took its place. Hip-hop will eventually lose its edginess, though, so rock will eventually come back. No other genre really fits that niche.

We might have something completely new and unheard of show up, but I doubt it.
>>
>>63461028
WE CAN ONLY HOPE
>>
>>63461028
that meme reminds me of this guy https://youtu.be/3DCLTf3p3Ds?t=4m33s
>>
>>63462408

How do you figure? Seems to me like less people play instruments these days, but EVERYONE has a computer. And every one wants to be a rapper or dj
>>
it'll die just like jazz, blues, funk & soul died - by the hands of white dudes
but blackness in music wont ever die
>>
>>63462408
>We've created all possible genres.
no we haven't
>>
>>63463032
i once beat a nigger to death with a rusty chain up in Reno
>>
>>63461028
In 3-4 years when the human race gets wiped out by global nuclear holocaust
>>
why is rapping on tracks still a thing? who wants to hear some retarded nigger that sounds like he's having a stroke butcher the language? how do these retarded white kids eat all this shit up is beyond me
>>
>>63462441
hi me again
like it feels like they're trying to make me feel like I killed someone. and i don't really but that's what it feels like they're trying convey in their music and how they act. and i don't know why theyd be trying to do that unless that's what one of them did. and i don't know i just don't think mc ride has it in him it's gotta be zach hill. he took a picture of his dick for an album cover this is a man without much to lose
>>
>>63463369
plebs gonna pleb
>>
>>63463109
What will be the next big thing in black music? Death Grips-like industrial shit? Funk carioca? Footwork shit like DJ Rashad?
>>
>>63463456
footwork shit like DJ Rashad for sure
electronic music in general is going to be getting bigger and bigger over the course of the next 20 years
plus every club i go to is spinning juke and roots Detroit techno, black dance music is on the rise
>>
>>63461028
I hope it fucking does. It produces nothing but degenerate trash.
>inb4 it's so thought provoking
There is nothing special about shit music or dindus rapping about dindu nuthins and weed
>>
>>63462026
Still not how that works.
>>
>>63461028
Genres dont die, the just evolve
>>
>>63463613
where did ska go anon
find me ska 2
>>
This whole thread is /pol/ bait
>>
>>63461759
sup reddit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ye0KQt6S4
>>
gene simmons said it will so yes
>>
No, people are delusional. Hip Hop is the end all be all.
it's the cheapest and easiest type of music to produce and idiots eat it up.
The question isn't When is rap gonna die but when are nigger rappers like Chief Keef get the
boot for something that is at least slightly not objectively cancer?
>>
>>63465219
>hip hop
>easiest to produce
not really lol
you're confusing rappers with producers
to produce a song that sounds good and unique enough is hard work
writing the words that go over that beat is an afterthought
>>
>>63463529
i dearly hope you're right
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.