[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is there synth on this or not? What the fuck is that flute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: loveless.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
So is there synth on this or not? What the fuck is that flute sounding thing
>>
It's a flute.
>>
i think they call that a hammer-on
>>
>>63456694
It's all guitars even the drums are guitars
>>
>>63457481
Rumor has it, even the vocals are guitars
>>
they used synths when i saw them live, so i'm inclined to believe they're synths
>>
>>63457481
>>63457552

>>63456694
it's a guitar
>>
>>63457552
I heard that Kevin Shields and Belinda are secretly guitars too.
>>
>>63457481
is this true or is this meme
>>
>>63456694
Yes, it is a flute. Kevin keeps things top secret but you can see in the credits that both Kevin and Colm are credited with "sampler". They used an Akai sampler with a midi controller, which means they could have sampled sounds from anything. But for example yes the flute is a flute and the "doo do doo do" part on When you sleep is a guitar sampled with a high pitch. Kevin also used Turkish music on "swallow" and the only credit on the tremelo ep is sampler, so anything on loveless could be anything.
>>
File: MttLaugh.gif (4 KB, 131x96) Image search: [Google]
MttLaugh.gif
4 KB, 131x96
>>63457552
THAT DOG'S A GUITAR! THAT BASKETBALL'S A GUITAR! EVEN MY WORDS ARE...!
>>
I like this album too OP, I found it on 4chan.org/mu after being linked here from reddit
>>
>>63458342
HAHA
>>
From what I've read of Kevin's interviews, all of the samples are guitar feedback. Another thing, he says there's only like one or two guitar tracks per song. His distortion stacking, reverse reverb, highly dynamic mastering work, redundant extended alternate tunings, slurpy pitch bends, these things seem to be key to the guitar sound. I can see how most every "synth" sound on here is guitar except for the the chords on Touched.
>>
>>63456694

They are irish so it's definitely the skin flute
>>
>>63458675
This.
They just slathered it in reverb but you can hear the distinctly fleshy sound of it.
>>
I thought this was made with vacuum cleaners
>>
>>63457677
No shit, the album cover is a picture of the band,
>>
>>63457552
I think Kevin said in an interview that the cover is actually a guitar too!
>>
>>63458342
hey! fellow redditor! how is it going? i love this new website!
>>
>>63456694
what flute sounding thing
>>
>>63456694
Flute sample on Soon.

The rest of the "keyboards/synths" are guitars/feedback

However, I'm uncertain about the "synth" on Sometimes.
>>
Have you ever noticed how albums like Loveless are GOAT? OK Computer, The Dark Side of the Moon, Nevermind, etc.

They all feature effects pedals or tape manipulation. Contemporary critics call them gimmicks, but are they really

All the best albums including Loveless are psychedelic in some capacity and I don't think it's a coincidence. You'll never be able to fully appreciate music without taking a psych drug
>>
>>63458268
kek
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.