[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you explain why you like your favorite album in terms beyond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: laughing stock.jpg (165 KB, 1205x1200) Image search: [Google]
laughing stock.jpg
165 KB, 1205x1200
Can you explain why you like your favorite album in terms beyond "muh textures and atmosphere" or "i like the way it makes me feel." What makes it good? What makes it better than any old pop album? Surely, being a user of a music board means you have the technical knowledge to explain this?
>>
you first OP
>>
>>63446995
>>
>>63446995

I don't have a favorite album, because albums are a rockist concept and only closed minded people pick favorites.
>>
File: 1408239152853.png (311 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1408239152853.png
311 KB, 900x702
>>63447152
>>
>>63447152
>only close minded people pick favorites

because enjoying a specific band or artist or song or whatever more than others makes me a bigot, apparently
>>
File: 1456028462514.png (352 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1456028462514.png
352 KB, 960x960
>>63447152
this guy is pretty cool
>>
No, because music is entirely subjective and therefore primarily fueled by feelings. You can describe aspects of it that you like whether that be "muh textures and atmosphere" (nice "muh" meme, btw), its use of harmonies, the way it's structured, whether it be complex or simplistic, or any other description, but you cannot describe why you like it if you want to dismiss the feelings those elements bring because that's the entirety of why we enjoy music.

Art (including music) is fueled by emotion. If you want something that is largely objective and cannot have every intricacy about it in a way completely devoid of feeling, I recommend becoming a mathematician or something.
>>
>>63447152
are you trying to imply that no genre released work in "albums" before rock was popularized
>>
>>63446972
>it's the good old muh music theory may may
>>
>>63446972
>this exact same thread
>again

Don't you have anything better to do, OP? You fucking embarrassed yourself to no end yesterday, why would you want to have this 'discussion' again
>>
>>63447213
>makes me a bigot, apparently
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S63421141
>>
>>63447441
>bigot, noun - a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions
>this doesn't show a narrow-minded outlook

whatever you say
>>
>>63446995
OP gave his super-insightful and technical review of Laughing Stock yesterday, which was "it's boring because they play the same thing over and over". That is literally what he said
>>
>>63447533
lmao you forgot the best part

>people explain why they like it without using the words "texture" or "atmosphere"
>OP goes "w-well you're cancerous morons!"
>>
>>63447285
>maths are devoid of feeling
This is not entirely true, the feeling of solving/understanding problems can give you the same feelings as appreciating a piece of art, the hormones released in your brain are roughly the same. There was a study about this somewhere iirc. It doesn't have the emotional range of art though, obviously.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.