[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Jenny Death so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
Man as a strong supporter of Death Grips, someone who got their music from very early on and can relate to it. As someone who loves all of their albums and wished from the start they would do something more punk or rock orientated I really think they fucked this one up. If you don't listen to punk or any good "metal", like The Dwarves, Acid Bath, Superjoint Ritual, heavy shit or really fast shit that sounds raw pretty much, then yeah you might like this album. But as a seasoned listener of the genres that Death Grips are trying to channel on Jenny Death then you will think this is ass. And don't even get me started on the fucking mixing on this turd of an album. However the interview album has instilled faith in the Death Grips once again, and I'm pretty hopeful for Bottomless Pit, as long as it isn't as much of a turd as Jenny Death it's a pass in my book.
>>
>Superjoint Ritual
>Good
>>
>>63444822
Memer, Superjoint is heavy as fuck
>>
agreed. sort of. I still enjoy listening to it from time to time, but I don't get the sense of artistry in the lyrics or the instruments. like you said, I guess they were going for intensity, which does come through.

but yeah, not sure what happened after government plates which was sheer craftsmanship.
>>
>>63445075
>not sure what happened after niggas on the moon which was sheer craftsmanship.
Fixed that slight error you had there. After all, everyone knows NotM is meticulously crafted while nearly every track on GP is unfinished
>>
>>63445046
they're bland and without worth, even the album titles admit to their disposability
>>
I didn't get the vibes from jenny that I did from TMS
>>
>>63445091
nah the mixing on the-first-part-of-the-powers-that-b has already taken a nosedive. the instrumentals are clearly not as well assembled because they seem to be live. the same issue goes for part two. I'm not crazy about ride's lyrics/delivery either. and of course I disagree about GP sounding unfinished. I think scaling back ride was part of the craftsmanship. he is an unstable element and needs to be reigned in.
>>
>heavy shit or really fast shit that sounds raw pretty much
JD isn't as good as it could have been but this sounds like you just wanted a different sound altogether.
>>
we'll do better next and we're really sorry https://mega.nz/#F!ph1UjD4a
>>
>>63445880
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT
>>
>>63445880
avantgarde a cloo
>>
>>63445880
it wont lit
>>
>>63444778
I listen to plenty of heavy music and I think Jenny Death is sick
>>
>>63445880

It's basically impossible to guess a decryption key so good luck and RIP
>>
>>63444778
death grips is bad in general
>>
>>63444778
So I take it you didn't like NLDW?
>>
>>63445880
Lol, is the key bottomless pit? Idk because my internet is shite and it led to an empty folder.
>>
>>63446226
>being this computer illiterate

just cracked it in 0.00237 seconds
I barely lurk /g/ and I know how to do this
>>
>>63446363
It's not, because that's a 404 error.
>>
>>63446393
mind sharing what you found?
>>
>>63444778
I'm not really with you on all the hate. But I feel you on the mixing. I think it seriously held the album back, it just doesn't sound great. I still think it's a very solid album, but the sound leaves a lot to be desired.

While I don't love Hot Head, I do think the mixing has been drastically improved on it, so I'm excited for the production on Bottomless Pit.
>>
>>63446464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZhJBt_2Imw
>>
Jenny Death proves that even death grips can have a bad album
>>
>>63446743
Is it bad as in the sound they went for? Like Centuries of Damn? I personally like this direction and thought they did well
>>
>>63446743
When will the "Jenny Death is bad" meme die?
>>
>>63444778
i feel like they tried to make more of a punk rap album instead of a rap punk album. exmilitary is a good example of it being done in a way that is unique sounding. jenny death came off as being generic alt 2000s rock at first listen.

the glitchy electronic rap side of niggas overshadows the rest of the album

>>63445209
yeah but the first half is good tho despite mixing issues
>>
>>63445880
just tell us when, this is getting tiresome. my heart
>>
Wow what is this tryhard bullshit? This fucking sucks man what are you all in 8th grade?
>>
>>63448733
I have an 8th grade bod but I'm 20 I'm 6'2 150 so yeah
>>
>>63445099
Their albums aren't essential by any means but it's a good project to listen to for people who are past entry level shit but still want something a little easier to digest.

Band? Sure. Essential? No. But still pretty fucking good. Anselmo's best project after Pantera and Down
>>
Jenny Death is really good tho
One of my favourite dg albums behind Exmilitary
>>
>>63444778
I don't really care for Centuries of a Damn or Beyond Alive but IS, TPTB and On GP are some of DG's best tracks to date.
>>
>>63449023
You're probably one of the people who thinks that they made the samples in exmilitard but they just ripped off the true artists Janes addicted, black rag , link Johnson, bad rain, pet shop Boise, beastie bois
>>
>>63449539
Diff anon

The samples they used were excellent, like the Interstellar Overdrive sample on I Want It, and the Black Flag sample. It was never heard and showed their creativity.
>>
File: 1445903172785.gif (2 MB, 288x206) Image search: [Google]
1445903172785.gif
2 MB, 288x206
>>63449539
I don't care
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.