[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Grips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: b5c3d177.jpg (65 KB, 648x324) Image search: [Google]
b5c3d177.jpg
65 KB, 648x324
Is the love for them real, or is it just a meme?
>>
I love them genuinely. I wondered if everyone was just joking when I first got into them too, and the meme-loving fanbase makes it confusing

This song almost made me cry once:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cinJDxLUsNY
>>
I legitimately and sincerely enjoy them
>>
>>63439209
wow this was cool til he started 'singing'
>>
>>63439192
I am serious
>>
I like them but their fans are so bad that I filter theads about them
>>
Is that we see, but a meme within a meme?
>>
bit of column a, bit of column b

i personally really enjoy them
>>
>>63439192
I enjoy some of their hard beats, such as in No Love. I like the idea of having a primal/carnal sound.

But MC Ride sounds like a screaming mentally ill homeless man 90% of the time he "raps" and I can't take it seriously whatsoever.
>>
>>63439271
Doesn't that sound perfect though, given their music seems to revolve around mental issues? "feel my slur". It's all intentional. But can one still not like the "sound" of it? of course. It's not appealing to begin with.

I genuinely love what they bring to art, their sound, visuals, antics, the whole deal. I could care less about the meme centric fanbase that is the new generation. DG have embraced memes though, showing that they have a sense of humor. It's not all seriousness.
>>
they will go down as one of the most important bands of our time.
>>
>>63439463
illness* not issues. NOTM certainly reminds me of schizophrenia.
>>
>>63439482
especially during the age of the internet. adds to the overall aesthetic.
>aesthetic
>>
>>63439482
Agreed
>>
>>63439192

They've made it on their own despite breaking almost every promise to their fanbase, they are still welcomed and adored.
That speaks volumes. To me, the love is real. I don't embrace the meme aspect, it's for a little bit but that's not why I like the grips.

So, to sum it up, it doesn't really matter why people like them. They defied the odds and then some. Even if you despise them, you can't avoid them. Death Grips are a forward-thinking band and people will talk about this band for many, many years to come well after their tenure is over.

>And people will still be asking the same questions as you:
>was it real or all the memes?
>>
>>63439682
The Grips knew how polarizing the meme culture was going to make them, and they embraced that, knowing in advance how it would affect them.
>>
very real... ur dense
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.