[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I feel so much self hatred when I hear about this band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 0004335145_10.jpg (72 KB, 572x558) Image search: [Google]
0004335145_10.jpg
72 KB, 572x558
Why do I feel so much self hatred when I hear about this band? I'm not even trying to shit post or trash the band, I'm being fucking earnest. I just start to fucking hate myself and feel like garbage. I'm pro lgbt and an atheist too.
>>
File: MuhCellPhone.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MuhCellPhone.png
129 KB, 300x300
>viral marketing your sister's band on /mu/
>>
>>63438799
what
>>
who even are these people?
>>
>>63439016
Some crappy hardcore punk band that sings about tumblr stuff like being trans, hating men, being a feminist, etc.
>>
>>63439030
being trans isn't an exclusive tumblr thing at all.
>>
>>63438777
Why do you feel so much self hatred? Is it because you feel bad about transgender struggles? Or is it because your against the transgender lifestyle?
>>
>>63439087
>because he's a white male
>>
>>63439087
I'm not against the transgender lifestyle at all. I guess it's that I feel bad about transgender struggles. Maybe it's because I messaged them and was like "you guys are awesome and you should come to my town!" and I didn't know if addressing them as "you guys" was appropriate, but I did anyways and at the time I was like, okay I dunno what I'm supposed to say that doesn't sound weird. I dunno though, I've just been involved in the lgbt community so long, I've known a lot of transgender people.
>>
>>63439081
Well yeah, it isn't, but they include that with the tumblr topics and misandry they sing about.
>>
Because their music is incredibly overdone (see: the entire 1980s hardcore punk scene).
>>
You know what would really restore your confidence?

Shopping at Old Navy! Old Navy provides the latest fashions at great prices for the whole family. Shop Men's, Women's and Kids!
>>
>>63439016
band that got famous because whirr called them fags
>>
>>63439146
that literally could be why. they're just such a generic hardcore punk band, but at the same time I wish I could see more bands that empower transgender people at the same time. so maybe it's a feeling of guilt for liking something about them, but disliking their music in general.
>>
>>63439167
People were talking about them before that a lot piss face.
>>
>>63439131
Holy fuck you are not "struggling" because you are some trans freak

You are CHOOSING to act like that. People mocked you for centuries because you're denying your biology.

Hell, now you have your safe space universities, what else do you want?

The world isn't on a plate kid
>>
>>63439213
where did I say I was transgender? you are really dumb. you're also a hateful bigot who has nothing intelligent to say anyways. You wanna trash talk some more, or do you wanna say something honest? go for it, hypocrite.
>>
>>63439131
To fair, the saying "you guys" is usually accepted for both genders from my experience. Plus you shouldn't really beat yourself up for a small slip up considering how complicated the transgender lifestyle can be. G.L.O.S.S. seems like a pretty thick skinned band so I doubt an innocent mistake can hurt them.
>>
>>63439230
I'm the only who is going to be honest with you around here. And by saying "you" in my previous post I was referring to the mentally deranged trans people as a whole.

There's nothing healthy about the contemporary zeitgeist and you'll know what I mean sooner than you think
>>
We're From the Future is genuinely a pretty good punk song.
>>
>>63439131
>the transgender lifestyle
It's a mental illness. And I don't even mean that in an edgy way, it is by all accounts, however you look at it, a mental illness. It just got washed up in the whole homosexual movement for some reason, so people thought that you HAVE to accept it or else you're a bigot. We're letting mentally unstable people mutilate themselves in the name of "being progressive", it's absolutely sick. It's comparable to funding and accepting people who are anorexic, who keep destroying their body with plastic surgery, etc., telling them that it's okay because that's who they want to be.
>>
File: 1413718186141.jpg (64 KB, 360x403) Image search: [Google]
1413718186141.jpg
64 KB, 360x403
>>63439277
>I'm the only who is going to be honest with you around here
>>
>>63439295
you realize that your gender is a big reason why homosexuality is looked at the way it is right? if you're male and you are attracted to another male, that has to do with gender. if you're born with male genitalia and you identify as a female, that also has to do with your gender. You can't say being transgender is the same thing as being gay, but I can see why they would include the both of them in lgbt, because they're all deeply intertwined and often people in the lgbt community express their gender differently than people outside of it, even if they're not transgender. So yeah, I really hate that whole "drop the t" thing. It's prejudice and stupid.
>>
>>63439298
Youve done nothing but call me a bigot, dumb, and out of nowhere, a hypocrite (?)

Seriously dude, if you're not one of them you don't have to pretend they are anything but messed in the head
>>
>>63439342
I call you dumb because everything you say is fucking stupid. So now all of a sudden the anti political correctness anti justice warrior wants some sympathy and respect? haha fuck you idiot.
>>
>>63439336
>You can't say being transgender is the same thing as being gay,
I never said that. It just got swept up in that movement and people think the two of them have to be treated the same way. Which is not true, homosexual people have a different sexual preference, nothing wrong with that. Transgender people mutilate themselves and are generally mentally unstable, I already gave you the example. Would you let people who are anorexic hurt their body because that's who they think they are? Would you let people who think they are a tiger get implants that changes their facial structure to look like a feline? Thatbis dangerous and those people need help, we have already accepted that for 99% of mental illnesses, yet it's somehow different for people who want to have their genitalia chopped up to mimic something that they were never meant to be.
>>
>>63439492
So I guess you're a scientist now? Yeah I'm sure you're a scientist when it comes to global warming, evolution, race, gender, and the origin of the universe too. Why don't you take a bite of my shit, moron.
>>
>>63439539
>Why don't you take a bite of my shit, moron.
That was too much, but you got 2 replies out of me, so good job. It's reassuring to know that you don't actually believe that nonsense though.
>>
>>63439578
You lost the argument, go cry about it and shut up.
>>
This band embodies everything that is wrong with "queer punk". Mediocrity is accepted and praised just because of who is in the band and what they sing about and it's like people just expect less of queer people, as if we're being given some kind of handicap. Fuck GLOSS and every other shitty fucking "queercore" band playing low effort garbage.
>>
>>63439167
this awful band has been huge since their awful demo dropped
>>
>>63439213
fuck off back to your containment board you hick retard
>>
>>63440176
I played in a hardcore band that was female fronted for a while and one of the worst things was honestly not being able to tell if people genuinely liked our music or just liked us because we had a girl screaming.
>>
>>63440203
>hick retard
You classist, ableist scum! Check your god damn privilege before you use insults like that.
>>
>>63440240
shut your freaking mouth you big dumb baby
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.