[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who discovered music and how?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: music-951844_960_720.jpg (42 KB, 960x301) Image search: [Google]
music-951844_960_720.jpg
42 KB, 960x301
I'm hoping this is a valid thread and hoping to pick up any info from you guys. Who discovered music and how?.

I'm a bit drunk right now and enjoying myself. I like to listen to music of my past and the music videos I have enhance the experience and let me reminisce about my past. It's always better with music and music videos. I don't feel this way without music. Did the people who invented have the desire to make people feel this way or is just incidental? Sorry if I'm vague.
>>
frank ocean
>>
>I'm a bit drunk right now
OH IT SHOWS

cavemen and shit banging rocks against other rocks and making rhythmic noise that they could move their bodies to because music is fundamentally instinctively entertaining
that's who discovered music
>>
Music began in 1910 when Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, the list could go on were born
>>
>>63438594
>>63438601
>>63438627
>>63438568
mysides
>>
>>63438601

Thanks dude, I mean I pretty much figured that cavemen and shit had some sort of acknowledgement of...(audio inspirational effects?). I was hoping for something significantly more developed though like what this anon >>63438627 said.

I mean. I was curious if there was a consensus on an answer more focused. I would assume (I'm not a /mu/ regular) that Beethoven and the classical era were when real music was (developed/recognized?) but was trying to get clarification.
>>
It was that ape-man who first touched the monolith in 2001 and became enlightened. He picked up a bone and made music with it.
>>
Little Richard
>>
File: there's only 2 people on moo.png (4 KB, 333x134) Image search: [Google]
there's only 2 people on moo.png
4 KB, 333x134
>>63438667
Thank you my friend
>>
>>63438690

classical music is definitely important but the idea that they "really got it going" is incredibly colonial
>>
>>63438690
Google Ancient Greek music, I have no idea who invented music but it's been around way before Beethoven
>>
>>63438845
the system of harmony was discovered by Pythagoras.
>>
>>63438787
>>63438845

I hear that, do you know how far back church music has been documented?

Was Greece and other regions making music before the bible and stuff?. Just seems in my brain that when I read little bits of info here and there it's always a matter of he said/she said. I
>>
>>63438923
look i think it's fair to say that we've been making music as long as we've been human, i'd be interested in a really rigorous academic or literary exploration of this question as well but

i Don't think you'll find it Here
>>
>>63438945

I think you might be right, but still at least I understand now that this question is unanswered to yet many others. I'm pretty sure all the people who study music are still curious and we may never know because history is so long and of all the stuff we have documented there must be a lot more undocumented. I just love feeling this way and at the moment think man. Obviously people can survive without music life is much better with it. Also was curious on the answer of whether or not music is a discovery or an invention?
>>
>>63438760
(You) whore
>>
>>63438690
Music existed before famous classical artists.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.