[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With all of the time they've spent making LP9 and all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (300 KB, 751x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300 KB, 751x673
With all of the time they've spent making LP9 and all the backlog of material they haven't given a proper release, let alone all of the songs we don't even know exist, I wouldn't be surprised if we were gonna get a double or even triple LP.
>>
nah it's gonna be one disc. double albums are for stuffy old prog bands
>>
>implying they have all actively worked on LP9 since 2011
>>
>>63438279
They've only been working on it since late 2014/15
>>
>Not a joke

What genre is Radiohead? I listened to the first two songs in the Kid A album and I still don't know.
>>
The guy with the cigarette is burning the witch.
>>
I hope we get a studio version or FTB quality Wake Me.
>>
>>63438631
alt rock
I guess kid-a is kinda kraut rock but they're alt rock..
>>
>>63438631
Art rock. I don't consider alt rock to be a legitimate genre
>>
>>63438672
This please. Or just the whole recording from hoserama, it sounds good enough.
>>
File: radiohead.jpg (681 KB, 2027x2000) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
681 KB, 2027x2000
Remember those pics we saw of them in the studio with the orchestra? This record is going to be in rainbows 2 or something. Those tiny venue shows in LA and London are telling as well...
>>
Just because they have a bunch of songs lying around that are good enough to be on a album doesn't mean they will all be on the next album.
>>
>>63438695
Please reverse those terms

Alt rock has a clear definition and "art rock" ranges from Brian Eno to Captain Beefheart
>>
>>63438796
No. Alt rock is just radio rock that's even slightly out of the ordinary. That's not good enough to make it a genre.
>>
>>63438747
pretty much this
Probably gonna be 35-50 minutes long.
>>
R E L E A S E
D O G W A N D E R
>>
>>63438714
>in rainbows 2
i really hope not
>>
>>63438843
And art rock is just rock for people who like pretentious labels. Marquee Moon is just rock it doesn't need another label
>>
>>63438702

Fuck that kniqqa.
>>
>>63438279
There were 4 years between IR and TKOL and that was their shortest album yet. Although we did get a bunch of singles and other songs like Supercollider and The Daily Mail around that time. So who knows.

But I highly doubt they will do a double album. Kid A/Amnesiac was essentially their double album but they were smart enough to release them separately.
>>
>>63438956
Marquee Moon is post-punk lmao
Go back to /r/music
>>
>>63438599
Radiohead have done 2 double albums before though. Kid A/Ammesiac and In Rainbows
>>
>>63439347
Kid A and Amnesiac are two different albums. Material is from the same session but they were released separately.

In Rainbows bonus disc is pretty cool but it's not actually a double album.
>>
>>63439328
Wasn't the best example since you could argue that Television were the first punk band and once Richard Hell left they were literally making music that was post-punk, but they weren't really part of any post-punk scene which emerged from 1978-1984. The post-punk label for them is something that emerged retroactively

Anyways that was just a random album that gets called art rock a lot. Sure. The Velvet Underground & Nico is just rock, it doesn't need to be art rock
>>
>dawn chorus LLP
>LP9
he wants to be IDM so bad, its almost sad
>>
>>63438279
I fucking hope so, as long as it doesn't feel too bloated and full with filler like HTTT. That wasn't even a double album
>>
>>63439977
lmao LP9 is what we are calling it
it doesn't have a name yet
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.