[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this considered a bad album again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: memerap.jpg (278 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
memerap.jpg
278 KB, 1200x1200
why is this considered a bad album again?
>>
>>63435510
because the internet
>>
File: 1428801641836.png (194 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1428801641836.png
194 KB, 500x375
>>63435543
>>
No one appreciates him because he isn't "hard".
>>
he ain't rappin' bout his city manye just some abstract bitch shit
>>
Because the all-knowing music maestros at /mu/ have garnered this album a "meme" label
>>
>>63436105
I think he was the one who adopted that label for himself. Look at the tracklist for fuck's sake.
>>
>>63435510
Because it's whiny and his voice is awful, and it sucks. It's like emo rap.
>>
production isn't interesting enough to justify the total lack of vocal charisma
>>
>>63435510
AOTY 2013
>>
I listened to Sweatpants first then got bored because every track wasnt the same as Sweatpants.
It's pretty good if you take it for what it is though.
>>
>>63435543
/thread
>>
listen to the lines
if they don't make your face sour then you should probably stick to indie rock
>>
>>63435510
"i mean why is you lyin
why u mufasa"
i have no prob with rappers that arent "hard" but binos a fucking cornball
>>
The same as this great album...
I like both but it appears that the critics don't.
>>
>>63435543
underrated
>>
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MzQ3NDY3Mjc1.jpg (87 KB, 620x643) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MzQ3NDY3Mjc1.jpg
87 KB, 620x643
>>63436044
he ain't paintin' bout his city manye just some abstract bitch shit
>>
>>63437447
that album was underwhelming. the pre released tracks were the best on the album
thank god i cancelled my vinyl preorder and got my money back
>>
what album is it
>>
>>63437403
There's nothing wrong with that line.
>>
Because its got really terrible punchlines.

Gambino's a great storyteller and producer and he does a good job weaving a subtlety in there, but if you have a low tolerance to corniness or punchlines then that doesnt matter.
>>
>>63435543
Get this hothead outta here
>>
>>63437524
its a lame line dude
>>
>>63437492
Nah. I think it fits perfectly.
It isn't a 10, but also not a 6.
It's more like a 7,5-8. I heard worst verses on TLOP or idk, maybe IYARTITL and they have "better aclaim".
>>
not going to listen to it. i used to like him with culdesac and camp but i know they're awful now. his mixtape "royalty" was god awful and now i just refuse to put up with him. i still listen to his "crown prince on the ground remix" song for a good laugh, though
>>
File: 2016-03-20 01.34.40.png (336 KB, 649x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-20 01.34.40.png
336 KB, 649x720
had a good general theme going and fucked it up/watered it down with corny ass writing

>mfw reading the screenplay
>>
>>63435543
........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................
Nice one faggot ........................................................................ ........................................................................ ...........................................................................
>>
>>63435510
The cringeworthy lyrics ruin what could have been a mediocre rap project with decent production.
>>
File: yJvScHP.png (247 KB, 453x319) Image search: [Google]
yJvScHP.png
247 KB, 453x319
>>63438008
>"lyrics"
>"verses"
>>
I understand you're not supposed to take him seriously when he make a pun, but goddamn, he does it every 5 seconds. I's distracting, especially on relistens.
>>
>>63438008
6 is above average you dimwit, this is a 5 at best.
>>
Sweatpants should be such a good song but he has ruin it with that "fiskers don't make noise when they start up" shit. Pisses me off every time.
>>
>>63435510
The second half was completely forgettable.

>>63437403
It's a good line.

And he's one of the only mainstream rappers who still put the effort to put in punchlines. And if you have a problem with his punchlines, but can tolerate "I just fucked your bitch in some Gucci flip flops" you probably shouldn't be listening to hip hop.
>>
>>63438876
>It's a good line.
i think you're the one who shouldn't be listening to hip hop, or should at least just stick with m&m
>>
>>63438775
it's a slight break within the hypnotic instrumental to ponder about fiskers, but in reality he's displaying the sporadic nature of today's youth.

...faggot.
>>
>>63435510
The music.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.