[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1430654235977.jpg (996 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1430654235977.jpg
996 KB, 1920x1200
I'm looking for some new music..
I'm one of those who's been listening to Beatles and Pink Floyd with my head in the sand.
Now I'm looking for a more modern sounding rock band, but I've got no idea where to start.
Any suggestions?
>>
Tame Impala. Listen to their albums chronologically
>>
mewithoutYou
River City Extension
The Ex have been around since the 80s but their 90s and later stuff is their best stuff
St. Vincent might count as rock I don't know

You might want to try branching out from rock. Most good stuff these days isn't strictly rock and has influences from other places.
>>
>>63427470
Their wikipedia page looks promising, how spaced is it?
>>
Chvrches
K-On
Old Grime Grime
Annie
Alice
>>
>>63427557
I'm open for bands with influences from anywhere, but I've found that rock is a good fundament for the music I want.
>>
>>63427402
Do you have a last.fm? listen to some of the music you normally listen to and check out the related artists. That's usually how I find out about other bands.
>>
File: gONk2.jpg (603 KB, 1737x1750) Image search: [Google]
gONk2.jpg
603 KB, 1737x1750
Why not expanding your horizons a bit not just rock?
>>
>>63427760
The vast majority of that list is rock. And most of it isn't anywhere near new either. C- for lack of reading.
>>
>>63427819
the pic had nothing to do with the post except for the same poster
>>
>>63427711
Please link me your last.fm, Brandon, I want to see how similar our tastes are
>>
>>63427760
see:
>>63427657

I've heard some music having rap-verses in something that sounds like a rock-band (guitars, bass, drums, etc.) and that's really what I mean by "modern" I guess..
Something new and fresh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YVz_-bfEFg
>>
>>63427887
http://www.last.fm/user/Brandonmash
>>
death grips
they don't always use guitars, but the drums are always solid with little math rock twists on stuff. vocals have tons of energy, but bring it down for some songs.
>>
>The Mars Volta
>Q And Not U
>The Menzingers
>Mac DeMarco
>Death From Above 1979
>Brand New (Starting from The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me, any album before that is pretty poppy)
>Arctic Monkey's first two albums' anything after that is pretty shitty)

Also >>63427470
That's all I got.
>>
File: 1457144519618.jpg (73 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457144519618.jpg
73 KB, 400x400
>>63427760
>ITAOTS
>not pleb /mu/ core
>>
>>63428325
>The Mars Volta
mynegro.jpg

OP, try these
>The Strokes (Is This It is considered their best album)
>Courtney Barnett
>At The Drive-In (a little more "hardcore")
>American Football
>St. Vincent
>Ride (Going Blank Again is a personal favourite)

That's all I can think of right now, they cover a decent amount of more modern rock subgenres.
>>
>>63428325
>Humbug is shitty
>>
>>63427581
spaced as fuck

Listen to radiohead also, starting from the bends onward

King Crimson is older but they're great too.
>>
>>63428333
>2011
>>
>>63427402

Listen to >>63427470 & The 1975.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.