[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about this band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: PostalService_cover300dpi.jpg (924 KB, 1399x1399) Image search: [Google]
PostalService_cover300dpi.jpg
924 KB, 1399x1399
Gibbard once said that "There was a second album in the works but we decided against it because it wouldn't have been as organic."

It's been almost 3 years since their reunion, and I think it's fair to say that the Postal Service is 100% completely over, and we'll never see anything from them again.

So how do you feel about the Group that makes up the postal service and their one album?
>>
I'm really upset I missed their reunion tour.
>>
What is there to discuss about it, I wish there was a second album but other than that what else can I do?
>>
Sounds like Owl City if he wasn't religious

But not terrible
>>
>>63427647
I feel like it's way better though, it seems to capture a certain melancholy without being that way sonically
>>
>>63427647
Owl City is so much more enjoyable tho. TPS feels too whiney in hindsight. Maybe I just overplayed Give Up back in the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtVAVLvvXVo
>>
>>63429069
Are you fucking autistic? Owl City better than the postal service? Also fuck the effects that Owl City puts on his voice that shit sounds so robotic and bad.

Everything about the postal service is better from the production, to the vocals and especially the lyrics.
>>
>>63429186
Not my fault you're tone deaf, m8.
>>
>>63429238
>tone deaf
Jesus christ, please go back to your home board if you honestly think any element of owl city is superior to The Postal Service.
>>
>>63427647
Postal Service is Owl City if Adam can sing and not autistic. He should focus more on his "ambient" projects like Color Therapy and Port Blue
>>
>>63429274
OC has better tones, sonic textures, melodies, and harmonies.

TPS has better lyrics and drum programming tho.
>>
>>63429506
>OC has better tones, sonic textures, melodies, and harmonies.

Textures what textures? Owl City is some of the most sterile music I've ever heard, and I think Jimmy Tamborello's Tones are way better than anything Adam could ever produce.
>>
>>63429599
The OC track I linked earlier is more sonically interesting than most TPS tracks, with the exception of maybe Natural Anthem and (This Is) The Dream Of Evan and Chan.

Don't let your bias cloud your judgement, and learn to give credit where it's due. I really do love music of all forms.
>>
>>63429780
>The OC track I linked earlier is more sonically interesting than most TPS tracks

Not at all. Throwing beeps and bloops around a track doesn't make it interesting, it makes it cultured, that's all he does is add bleeps and bloops around the track. And you can argue that Tamborello does that too, but in the case of The Postal Service, they sound far more fitting and less sporadic.

The Postal Service can create soundscape and mood 10x better than Owl City ever could, the thing is that Owl City is more poppy in both his sound choices and song structures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWPG2YMKk8I
>>
>>63429945
>all he does is add bleeps and bloops around the track

Do you even understand polyrhythms? He creates a sonic collage through precise sequencing. If it's sounding "random" to you, you probably lack the ability to analyze music. Listen to Remain in Light and Geogaddi, and then get back to me.
>>
>>63430129
>Geogaddi

Are you kidding me right now, you're going to tell me that Adam's use of polyrhythms, compares to either of those two albums, especially Geogaddi. Adam's music, tones and soundscapes are very boring to the point of where his use of polyrhythms sound out of place. Using a musical element doesn't mean shit if you're not using it properly.

Adam is half the producer Jimmy is at the end of the day and his music is boring and contrived, his music sounds like PC music to be honest, but in a very uncanny valley kind of way.
>>
>>63430299
>out of place

Once again, just because you're unable to follow it doesn't make it bad.
>>
>>63430359
>Once again, just because you're unable to follow it doesn't make it bad

I can follow it very well, His music just lacks in emotion and I very much disagree with you when you say his production is better than Jimmy's
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.