[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be real here, is this really a bad album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 300x299
Let's be real here, is this really a bad album?
>>
yes but it would be a good ep
>>
>>63424648
Easily their fourth best after OKC, Kid A and In Rainbows
>>
Not really. But still, it's kind of weird that it is a Radiohead album. Could have been better i guess...
>>
>>63424687
>their
How can anybody take you seriously?
>>
>>63424648
No. But it would be better if it was an EP.
>Bloom
>Lotus
>Ghost
>Separator
>>
>>63424648
yes, if you're a dummy
>>
>>63424821
actually let's just pare that down to a single
>Lotus

now you have a good release
>>
I love it but I think Codex isn't all that great outside of the horns and the strings.
>>
>>63424968
if you really think lotus flower is the only good song on it then you're the definition of a pleb
>>
>>63424968
you're the worst
>>
>>63425029
>radiohead is patrician
you're so pathetic it hurts
>>
>>63424716
>>
>>63425205
oh right i forgot liking NMH is the only allowed course of patrician action
>>
>>63425546
is this your second day here? talk to me in ten years or better yet look in the mirror and laugh at how you are now. jesus.
>>
>>63425597
im not him lmao im just memeing at you, you fucking retard jc calm down you lower-being fuck roFL
>>
Not one of their best, but still better than PH and The Bends.
>>
>>63424648
fuck no its amazing. basement sessions of it are the best thing they've ever done
>>
Not at all. Rockists can't understand it. They can keep their big beat, I'll take subtle electronics any day. "Feral" alone makes the album worth listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dapdkr42pLE
>>
>>63427265
I was out on a walk at night while i listening to the album for the first time when it came out. The sound at 00:43 scared the shit out of me. I thought ı was gonna hit by a truck and this is his fucking horn for a second. Overall, underrated track and album.
>>
>>63424716
is this incorrect grammar nazi thing the hottest new meme?

I dont know how I feel about this
>>
Nah, it's just a light, tight krautrock album. Hardly anything Radiohead hadn't done on the 4 albums before it but without the minor pretense of pretending to be something else. It's not one of their classics by any stretch but it's just fine on its own merits.
>>
>>63424648
bloom starts off beautiful but eventually gets too repetitive to the point of being annoying.
the next four tracks have some nice sounds but are otherwise boring
the last three tracks have nothing to offer at all
>>
>>63425004
At first I found it sort of generic, too, but I do really respect how Radiohead takes the whole tension/release thing they're really well known for and turn it on its head for this track.

To me, that bit that starts at 3:38 is the climax of the whole album. The strings kind of swell and build but you're left with this peaceful, very sonically textural plateau that actually strikes me as very beautiful in the right mood. Instead of a huge emotional release that's what we get.
>>
>>63427808
TKOL is honestly the best for that. Every so often I'm tempted to down some of the leftover half-bottle of oxycontin in my closet and walk around town listening to it at 3 a.m.
>>
Bad? No
Disappointing? Yes
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.