[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That genre you love but can't find anyone to talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x625
>That genre you love but can't find anyone to talk about it with

What's her name, /mu/?

For me it's 50's rock 'n' roll. It's really hard to find any community that acknowledges it any more than in passing.
>>
>>63423383
Have you tried volunteering at a retirement home?
>>
What you wanna do is make a general and no one's really going to reply to it, but you just gotta keep bumping it right before it dies, even overnight, so that the threads last like days or as long as you can keep it up, then slowly people will start paying attention.
>>
Link Wray is BOMB

For me it is drone, drone metal and drone folk mostly. On /mu/ it is very easy to talk about (I guess lol) but in reality life not so much sadly
>>
>>63423383
slav hip hop
>>
Breakbeat hardcore
Broken beat
Downtempo
Acid jazz
Nu jazz
Future jazz
Nu funk
Turntable music
Turntablism
Northern funk
Deep funk
Soul
Caribbean trad music
Central American trad music
>>
>>63423383
Goth and industrial.
>>
This tbqh
>>
>>63423597
>AnCo
>Boredoms
>Melt Banana
>not posted here daily
>>
All these sound disgusting so far. Thank god you freaks keep quiet.
>>
honestly I can't really talk to anybody about the music I listen to and it's pretty mainstream by mu standards. All the people I know either listen to mainstream stuff or tumblrcore.
>>
>>63423383
what would you recommend? I feel like tracking down some 50s rock records just to see how they sound
>>
I like really rootsy stuff with a strong blues/country/pre-Beatles rock 'n' roll influence. Sort of the opposite of what /mu/ discusses.
>>
Funk and Soul music.
>>
emo
>>
>>63423777
>has a daily general
>not discussed
>>
Occult folk rock
Depressing Singer-songwriter
>>
>>63423429
kek
>>
>>63423841
so, Current 93?
>>
>>63423597
early 00's "tribal" blogshite? that used to be talked about here all the time. sorry you're new
>>
>>63423841
I do this already btw.
>>
>tfw when nobody will listen to Bathroom Sounds with you. It's my fav genre.
>>
File: secretboy.jpg (224 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
secretboy.jpg
224 KB, 1200x1200
>>63423383
emotional trap
>>
>>63423877
I first got into occult rock with Witchcraft Destroys Minds and Reaps Souls. The atmosphere it sets up is pretty good.
>>
>>63423556
breaking up genres rarely discussed into gorillions of subgenres isn't going to make them more visible on the radar

>>63423764
I thought too, but it appears that my country has a quite underground yet solid apprecfiation for funk, so I can talk about it quite easily if I want through itnernet with people I met at shows and jams
but the few /funk/ threads I tried to do on /mu/ never took off
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 300x300
>>63423716
50s rock music was very singles-centric, so you better off geting a compilation like pic related
>>
>>63424013
They are all completely different genres
>>
>>63423716
LPs weren't much of a thing in the 50's outside of jazz and traditional pop. A first-issue album by Elvis or Little Richard will run you hundreds of dollars.

Anyway, some material I'd suggest is:

>Elvis, especially his Sun recordings and first two RCA albums
>Little Richard's Specialty recordings
>Johnny Burnette & The Rock 'n' Trio
>Chuck motherfucking Berry

>>63424035
This is indeed an incredible box set. Song samples:

http://www.allmusic.com/album/loud-fast-out-of-control-the-wild-sounds-of-the-50s-box-mw0000239139
>>
>>63424059
if you pay close attention, you will notice that, for exemple, deep funk and northern funk have both the word "funk" in them, leading me to think they have a common root behind the differences you can find in every local variation of a form of popular music, and that they both could be discussed in a thread that I would cleverly call /funk general/
>>
>>63424173
Okay, some are similar but those who are interested in old funk rarely care for new funk but also as you have previously pointed out, no one actually cares about funk here except for Maggot brain.
>>
>>63424235
I think soul is worse than funk on here, I've talked funk here before, but soul is very elusive.

I want to discuss music made by blacks that isn't 2010s sort of lazy hiphop garbage.
>>
>>63424283
You'd think it would be more popular since so many songs are about >tfwngf but it doesn't tick any of the boxes to be popular here.
>>
>>63424332
>but it doesn't tick any of the boxes to be popular here.
More like it doesn't have $$$$$$$ behind marketing it here to this demographic.
>>
>>63423383
I wish /shugazi/ didn't die
>>
>>63424408
I've tried a few /soulr&bfunk/ generals but if its not Frank Ocean or Janelle fore new stuff, or Marvin and Stevie for old, forget it.
>>
>>63424035
>>63424093
sweet, thanks
>>
>>63423586
Hi
>>
>>63423841
>Depressing Singer-songwriter
you havin a giggle?
>>
>>63424578
This is exactly what I mean.

Not that shit.
>>
>>63423383
Try some Fallout forums.
>>
>>63424611
>This is exactly what I mean.
Not that shit.
you're right
but you're also wrong
>>
File: scan.jpg (12 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
scan.jpg
12 KB, 250x175
>>63424235
idk I've been to lots of funk shows in my life and never had any problem with new funk, and most of the people lsitening to funk I know feel the same
but to each one his thing

>>63424408
that, and maybe the fact that most albums are rather obscure and difficult to find, without mentionning the ginormous 7" stock there is out there, and that you can't listen to except if you buy the record (and since most of /mu/ is still living with mom and dad they don't have money to do so)
>>
>>63423841

Elliot Smith
>>
>>63423383
progressive breaks
>>
>>63424688
was literally just about to post this
>bright eyes
>>
70s/80s Power pop
>>
>>63424633
CRIIINGE

They wouldn't give a shit about the music if it weren't in Fallout.
>>
>>63423383
Where did Joe Meek get that ass?
>>
>>63424674
The second part of your post also reminds me that I haven't discussed much punk here either.
>>
>>63424838
i'ts hard to revolt when you have to be home for dinner and mom made chicken tendies
>>
>>63424960
If I could leave on my own I wouldn't even care about chicken tendies.
>>
90's and 00's psychedelic pop/folk. Pretty much Elephant 6 stuff.
>>
>>63425135
So one of the most popular styles of music on this board then. Well it was a few years ago.
>>
>>63425117
of course you wouldn't, you'd have to work for it
>>
>>63425188
Yeah I guess it's popular on here but just because of NMH... Anyway I was talking about real life, I'd like to see several friends of mine enjoying those bands.
>>
Ambient / dub techno
>>
>>63425189
>of course you wouldn't, you'd have to work for it
No I know I do, but I've been raised, all my life, to think in a certain way, and always expect others to do things for me instead of do them myself.

This is the pathology that has damaged me, and I have to find a way to wrench myself from it if I'm ever going to be happy with my life.

I really, really, dislike the baby boomer generation because of all this, because so many of them don't know how to raise their own children, they don't understand that forcing your children to be able to care for themselves is a necessary part of parenting that is absolutely required for adulthood.

If a bird always expects to go back to a birdfeeder, then it will never look for food by itself. Their "empathy" is destructive.
>>
>>63425376
My nigga, I'll probably kill myself when my mom dies
>>
>>63423841
You mean singer-songwriter?
>>
>>63425425
You shouldn't, you'll just be free, in a way.

My parents always bitched to me about how they had to do everything themselves, well they did for a reason, it was so that they'd FUCKING GROW UP AND BE ADULTS.

I mean I even listen to what my grandparents think and they never did any of this shit with their children, they weren't clueless and raised by television like the boomers were.

Every time, every single time I leave the house to do something on my own it's like I'm breathing air for the first time in my own life. If I ever find a way to leave home I'm never coming back and I will never even regret it.
>>
>>63425376
lol, how hard is it to accept that no one besides your parents care enough about you to do your shit ? I guess if you live in Europe you could always claim some neetbux but heck it's not that hard to get up and do stuff instead of staying at home getting bored on japanese imageboards
>>
>>63425550
>you'll just be free, in a way.

I'll be helpless and very alone.
>>
Yeh-yeh. 60s French Pop music.
>>
>>63425584
It's not like that, I have to break from this entire paradigm. It's not something that happens gradually, thankfully I'm not as socially awkward as most of /mu/ is.

>>63425659
You will have to learn very quickly how to survive on your own, no one gave you the tools, they fucked up their job and only cared about their 9-5 instead of making sure you turned out well.
>>
>>63423383

I also love that era, OP. Golden age of rock and roll. There were so many great musicians back then, great guitar practitioners making fun, ass-shaking tunes.
>>
>>63425667
actually, there's a good reason for this
it's because it's bogus

>>63425733
blaming others will never fix your personal problems. stop talking about paradigms you have to break and just fix yourself some objectives, be it whatever like biking for one hour everyday or learning a new language. once you start achieving things on your own, it becomes more of a natural process. and if you fail the objectives you fixed for yourself, you won't have anyone to blame but yourself
>>
>>63423556
>Turntable music
>Turntablism
kek
>>
>>63425667
Try tumblr.

Baroque folk for me. Folk is obviously plenty popular but this specific subgenre gets so little attention. I guess because it's super niche.
>>
>>63425863
I've done that, I've always come back.

No matter what I achieve I'm still locked down here. For instance I've gone through all sorts of bullshit with getting my license and every time I try to do something that improves my situation they either sit on their ass doing nothing or they purposely step on my toes or impede me in some way.

I feel like they want me here forever and when I get the chance I'm gonna flee. I know very, very well that I cannot trust these people for anything, and anyone I talk to that isn't them is my best friend and I'll shmooze the fuck out of them just for the chance to get away from them.
>>
Ska Punk for me, as long as it's not the really trashy stuff.
>>
>>63425888
They are completely different things.
>>
>>63423586
Psyclon Nine type goth/industrial? Angelspit? Blutengel?
>>
>>63423977
A shame that the singer isn't really that good.

Still a very neat listen. Doom metal pretty much absorbed all occult rock.
>>
>>63426376
Birthday Party and NWW or Boyd Rice.
>>
>>63423932
idk, WICCA is bordering on meme rap.
>>
Industrial hip-hop

>At least I still got DGG, right ?
>Oh wait, it's just a reddit general
>>
>>63426061
then blame yourself for not being able to fulfill the objectives you give to yourself, such as going to live out of your parents place
if you don't want specific people to be around you it is not very difficult as soon as you put some will into it. now if you're a lazy ass that can't do any shit by himself and doesn't try anything it is nothing but normal that you stay here and you will still be here in twenty years rambling the same exact shit, which, in that case, is probably what you wish for deep inside, to be taken care of like a whiny baby that can't go to the bathroom by himself
you should lsiten to songs like Going to California by Irene Kral, it will probably ring some bells
>>
90s Emo/Screamo
Shoegaze
Pop Punk
>>
Doo-wop/slowdance

It's one of the dreamiest kinds of music but since almost always the groups just release singles and otherwise do more upbeat classic rock and roll it's a lot harder to find or discuss.
>>
>>63425498
this
>>
>>63426420
Yeah. It's hard to find any good occult rock nowadays. Metal generally just doesn't do it for me; the evil presence feels cheap.
>>
Hip hop
>>
>>63426571
The Platters made a shitton of music in the 50's and early 60's.
>>
>>63426675
If it's up your alley, there's Ghost, which is much closer to Blue Oyster Cult style rock than metal.

I'd also recommend Uncle Acid even if you don't generally like metal. They're a little closer to horror in general than the occult, but their music sounds like it was ripped from a 70s witch movie.
>>
>>63423878
they mean irl. They were probably talked about a lot in new york during the early 00s
>>
>>63426549
I very much enjoy doing things by myself at this point, it's just that in terms of adding to it in incremental steps it is difficult, because I have to rely on them for certain things as steps in order to be self-sufficient, I've made a lot a progress over the past year but I feel like the writing is on the wall that it's time for me to leave.

Not only that, but my sibling was in the same position I am in now. Except he met his wife who was a very generous and exceptional person and moving in with her meant he had to drastically adjust his lifestyle. I am closer to him than either of my parents and understand how he feels when he's anxious about the prospect of returning or having them visit him.

I don't really blame others for being unable to do things myself, I acknowledge that I'm just lazy and won't do something if someone is willing to do it for me. It's just that often with things how they are that they interfere with me or my plans.
>>
Noise rock, ambient, idm, avant garde, experimental, all the wierd ones
>>
File: 1394517802956.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1394517802956.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
Outlaw country, or anything Johnny Paycheck related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gsxA7xtgTQ

Futurefunk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Z7I0ury70
>^Featuring a japanese Tiny Charles

Some local french indie band that /mu/ could easily love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQT3lP2Sbk
>one of my fav
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHwSk8bFS4M
>normi's fav

Some movie scores and any albums release. You guys just spit the same shit over and over when so much shit is coming out and worth revisiting. I only comes to DG threads when they drop stuff now.

I still love you guys.

Here's a early of Montreal cover I made if anyone is interested on this music sharing board. Interesting story about this is that I made it for a young girl who suffers from anxiety and remind me hard of my young self. She lives across the land and I don't know her that much but I draw the inspiration from it. Vocals need some fix but I suppose any oM fan can enjoy it.

So yeah, my two cents.
>>
Blues and Dixieland jazz
>>
>>63426795
https://soundcloud.com/n-buta/when-youre-loved-like-you-are-of-montreal-cover-for-sophie

I know where soundcloud threads are, just don't listen if you are not interested. Simple.
>>
>>63426793
>IDM, avant garde, experimental
>genres
>>
>>63423479
What do you like? And are you a slav yourself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SOHw3BIjkw
>>
Spooky hip-hop.

While I like some classic horrorcore, very few artists are doing dark hip-hop that isn't just ultraviolent shit with no occult overtones.

Ugly Mane and DJ Rozwell are exactly that niche, but I just wish there more haunted beats.
>>
>>63426793
I can't tell if this is bait but I'm sure you'll have an easy time talking about IDM on /bleep/ and ambient is fairly popular around here.
>>
>>63423383
indie rock and hip hop
>>
Avant-folk
>>
>>63426832
fuck off
simple
>>
I'd love to talk about punk, both on the internet and in real life, without the conversation devolving into what is punk and what's not punk.
>>
>>63426758
Okay. I've tried Ghost, but I haven't heard of Uncle Acid. Thanks for the recs man.
>>
>>63426795
Holy shit, I was browsing Johnny Paycheck CDs on Amazon two hours ago. I'll probably get one of his early recordings as Donny Young and another of his mid/late 60's hits.
>>
>>63426882
That has never existed, on or offline.
>>
>>63426882
Man, I love The Ramones as well
>>
File: 1433206192246.gif (486 KB, 238x155) Image search: [Google]
1433206192246.gif
486 KB, 238x155
>>63426868
Get a life poor soul. I never understood this fucking mentality. It's okay if you shit your life but don't shit on others who actually enjoy the hobby and not use it like an escapism form.

>>63426917
You have to get your hands on ''the little darlin' years'' bro

Also check out this for respectable modern country that aint fucking pop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gBV-Nzq7Pg
>>
File: kek.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
Eurobeat trance
>>
>>63423383
Whatever Tom Waits is....
>>
>>63426882
I like Sid Vicious too
>>
>>63427226
Tom Waits is a genre of his own
>>
>>63427226
That's surprising, I know a lot of guys and girls who are really into Waits. And I'm a slav ffs
>>
>>63427324
I wish I could find a girl who was into Waits.
>>
>>63424533
>>63426551
see >>63426738
>>
>>63423383
Footwork. Being in Europe, practically no-one even knows what it is, and I can't get anyone into it because they have no reference for it. Only my sister appreciates it and that's because I showed her a footwork documentary on youtube, no acquaintances of mine have the patience for that. I just stay up late at night, put on my headphones and dance the night away on some paypal, rashad and manny.
>>
>>63426484
hardly even rap
>>
>>63423383
have you checked out the rockabilly community? a lot of their stuff has a simmilar sound, like this
https://youtu.be/tGHS6lWf-O4
>>
Extreme metal or power metal
my friends listen to metal but not extreme metal and they usually see the metal I listen to as just noise
>>
>>63423383
Twee Pop with Dream/Noise Pop influences
>>
industrial hardcore or crossbreed
>>
>>63426795
the term outlaw country has been sort of co-opted by the tractor rap crowd, check into the texas/red dirt country scene
also what you think of hank III?
>>
>>63427478
Rockabilly revival is pretty hit-and-miss. Too bd that few modern rockabilly artists acknowledge the "-billy" part of the music, replacing the country influence with an almost jazzy aesthetic.
>>
>>63427566
>hank III
Well you just made me discover it. Since I my taste is all over the place most of the time i'm not master of a genre, kind of a jack-of-all-trade. But most of the time when a music challenge me (like early DG) I can of just dive it and dissect it for my own personal pleasure. But as far as my inner taste goes I'm really melancolic and love smooth and large dynamic progression. Listening to Low Down atm and I must same I really like the timbre of his voice, will definitely keep checking out.
>>
>>63427566
>texas/red dirt
Any other rec for those ? I love the red dirt terminology by the way.
>>
Shoegaze nip bands
they are great
>>
>>63427678
>>63427741

also check out
shooter jennings
bleu edmondson
casey donahew band
chris knight

and not really red dirt but dwight yoakam is I think the most recent artist that had mainstream country success while still being true to the country sound
>>
>>63426795
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQT3lP2Sbk
Okay, this videoclip is really nice. Wish I could understand a word tho.
>>
>>63427566
>>63427678
Hank III is good. He's more like his granddad than his father is.
>>
File: pinkish black.jpg (36 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
pinkish black.jpg
36 KB, 700x700
"Gravewave"

Ethereal goth rock that is still heavy on guitars to the point of shoegaze.
>>
>>63427800
I like you. Simple.

I also wish that /mu/ would discuss more actual tracks than album altogether. Or at least having some random youtube dump thread where people exchange their feeling toward their discoveries. But that's too much to ask.
>>
>>63427838
yep, and a lot of his songs are the type of stuff I imagine sr would sing if he were around today
>>
>>63427872
it's kind of an odd mix for me because that type of country plus the classic country stuff and all kinds of metal are my main go to genres, but I see a lot of simmilarity between good country lyrics and the lyrics in a lot of metal.and it sucks that moo hates lyricfags. they're always saying lyrics are irrelevant and the technical perfection of the music itself is all that matters. I think that train of though is how we got shit like autotune and what you generally here on the radio these days
>>
/mu/ never talks about Warren Zevon.

I'm listening to Carmelita on repeat while drinking my weekend away.
>>
>>63427874
>and a lot of his songs are the type of stuff I imagine sr would sing if he were around today
Precisely.
>>
>>63427872
I mean ain't that funny that a lot of boards have this ''you groove you lose'' while /mu/ have none of it.

>>63427959
I'm working on my album at the moment and I want to have the ''jizz-jazz'' Mac Demarco playstyle while having more straight foward and intimate lyrics. Funnily the last shows I went back when I was in Montreal was Behemot/Cannibal Corpse and an Opera of Samson and Dalilah. I'm not much of a fan of metal in general because shredding most of the time comes up the same to me (although I know there's so many subgenre that could easily fit my taste somewhere but I'm too busy trying to work on my own stuff recently than finding new music)

It's fun to chat with you pal, ill go for a smoke brb
>>
File: agneton horizon in your head.jpg (70 KB, 511x511) Image search: [Google]
agneton horizon in your head.jpg
70 KB, 511x511
Goa trance. I see threads about it on /mu/ maybe once a month, and they usually die after like 10 posts.
>>
>>63427003
Man I hate the "DAE HATE POP COUNTRY" circlejerk, as if you can discount a whole genre. It can be really enjoyable if its done right and if you take it at absolute face value like it was intended.
https://soundcloud.com/buuuck/faces-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asxrMSVrJ08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQPjKSVe1tQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E8FGdIl7HM

Look at these, do you think any of these people take their music as seriously as people critique it? It's meant to be simplistic and clean-sounding. I get that's it not for everyone but 95% of people here don't give it a fair chance.
>>
>>63428053
/pauloakenfold/ master race.
>>
>>63423383
Im in the same boat as you op, 50s swing, rock, jazz and in are golden.
>>
>>63428080
The thing is with country, the roughness and originality of the singer voice's mad important. I peaked at all your songs and their tone/timbre sounds all pretty close. The only modern one what that stoud out for me was Sturgill simpson. Also he has so really personal lyrics and put it in a angle that country hasn't been used to. But the commercial modern pop country suffers from the same problem as the modern electronic pop. A lot of it sounds the fucking same and it's always about the same subjects.

Pop Country with electronic element fucking when ? That would actually be worth a listen for a modern listener.
>>
>>63428080
you realize most of what you posted isn't pop country at all but more in the outlaw/red dirt vein don't you?
>>
>>63428258
At this point country left diversity long time ago and are one of the most centered genre now. Which to me just scream revival but I'm waiting for the next cash/nelson/paycheck/...
>>
>>63428052
also check out
whiskey myers
turnpike troubadours
ryan bingham
it's more southern rock than country, but also check out blackberry smoke
and if you're into that steel guitar sound, there's always junior brown and his guitsteel creation
https://youtu.be/DaEzT5MusFs
>>
>>63428328
Real good point, I'm hoping that Jonny Fritz/Corndawg can make a big impact with his upcoming record
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIplS4lSHl8
https://youtu.be/B7-ShQ_M5-o?t=46s

>>63428239
Yesss pop country with electronic elements is gonna be fucking exciting to listen to, keep an eye on BUCK that I linked to. His other two singles are amazing.
>>
>>63428239
another genre it's hard to find anyone to discuss with is rockgrass, it's a fusion of rock and bluegrass, and there are some amazing covers like this one
https://youtu.be/3c7bISLhVl8
>>
>>63427872
Youtube threads are pretty common, haven't seen one in like a week though
>>
I wish there was more variety in '''''electronic music'''''' other than /bleep/ >muh clubbing and /IDM/ >muh big 4, there is so much more variety than this out there.
>>
>>63428611
Nice ! Let's share mad stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtRQPmGnH2Y
A track cant get more classy than that. ITS LIKE DRINKING MARTINI THROUGH OUR EARS
>>
File: brit.gif (496 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
brit.gif
496 KB, 500x294
>>63423383
90's/early 2000's pop music :(
>>
>>63428770
Also worthy to note that this is the same guy/band who did this magnificent song on Fallout New Vegas. I worked all summer trimming firs like a mexican and have probably listen to don burham 1000 times. Anything with pedal steel guitar solo with crazy harmonies ?
>>
>>63428852
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lrWx7-PiUM

Forgot to post it. This and lonestar I think, im not sure for that one tho
>>
>>63428770
lenard cohen kinda reminds me of tom waits with some of his stuff
https://youtu.be/G7NA3ah_cRY
>>
>>63427003
This song is pretty good.

I've been HUGE into classic country lately, especially 50's/early 60's. Got this guy's complete works a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qNs75UaG3A
>>
While I have you guys who seem to know your shit about country, do you know any more intense but still simplistic country?
For example, something that would sound like Whiskey Dick's tribute to Dimebag Darrell would be great.

I'm having a hard time looking for that myself as I'm kinda lost in all the different genres.
>>
>>63428986
Man I miss those deep voices now that were all covered in autotune shit.

If you like beach boys and organic sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2FKlK06IpQ

>>63429035
Turtles is a good song. The progression is quite simple and genius too. He juggles with E esus4 A esus4 and goes for the usual B7 for tension/resolution

get mindblow by the resemblance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRQ_CQXxK1Y
>>
>>63429138
here's a voice you should dig, the guy unfortuanetly is just a guest vocalist and normally sings for a pshychobilly band. I just love his voice when he does stuff like this
https://youtu.be/2rlYPb2plaY
>>
>>63429138
>now that were all covered in autotune shit
>>
>>63429195
and here's the follow up video
https://youtu.be/kwAzQM8ci8E
>>
>>63429124
>Whiskey Dick's tribute to Dimebag Darrell
no idea what this is but those poor bastards is hella intense and fairly simplistic. it's pretty unusual country though.
>>
>tfw found a bud with a slightly differing taste than mine but as far as it goes we're pretty much even with the stuff we listen to and we can discuss anything
>>
File: 1422400007467.jpg (409 KB, 1280x1030) Image search: [Google]
1422400007467.jpg
409 KB, 1280x1030
>>63429195
Thanks man, that just feels right to bust while rolling toward the sun. Which now I usually do since I live in the countryside. Best move I ever done in my life now that we have internet.

>>63429239
In the commercial world of course. They used to be a time where commercial success had actual soul into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWuae3_kJkA&index=1&list=PL6PAwMZvsH7R1Bw0Db4ucXJCu9zMJYzhG

Im
>>63426795
>>63427003
>>63427593
>>63427741
>>63427872
>>63428052
>>63428239
>>63428328
>>63428770
>>63428852
>>63428878
>>63429138

Point out your post fellow responder, I know theres one guy behind a lot of the countrypost. We even sparked some interests ! This is great.
>>
>>63429380
>>>63427593
nevermind this one. I suck at rockabilly although I really like the genre on itself. Goes with the love for Pin up girls.
>>
>>63423383
I think you may like Drake Bell's album Ready Steady Go!. Apparently has a rockabilly and 50s style rock and roll sound to it. Got good reviews too.
>>
>>63423586
>industrial.
this so fucking much. the conversation never goes much past TG, SPK, and EN.

same thing with neofolk except the conversation is also exclusively dominated with "are they nazis" as if it fucking matters.
>>
>>63429467
and here's an awesome female voice that's well kinda like earsex
https://youtu.be/E0JJfkf-VTI
>>
>>63429308
Breddy gud, thanks anon
>>
>thread turns into another rock thread

*yawn*
>>
>>63429124
>>63429308
I have frankly no idea why I didn't share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48gBAMcZpoY
>>
>>63429467
Where you also the guy checking out Paycheck CDs on amazon? Cause I sweat you gotta grab The little Darlin Years. Paycheck started as a young tenor, made his way into the country scene, made his own label and refined the genre and help to pop other artists. He even shot someone in the head and went to do prison, while there, he still wanted to do music and come out and keep doing. Sadly he got forgotten and Johnny Cash, while good on his own just erased the Johnny Paycheck name for obvious reason.
>>
>>63429584
nah, I steal all my music
>>
>>63429584
OP here, I was looking at Johnny Paycheck CDs. Ordered the Little Darlin' Years one an hour ago.

>tfw 30 bucks
>>
>>63429637
Theres no point in buying music from someone who is dead tho. Like throwing money at bowie's label right now seems quite stupid.

>>63429564
You could always post something in your own. But since you seems to be sleepy and lightheaded and not in a rocky mood way I hope you enjoy this nice organic progression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKY38Nx8dSo#t=24m03s

>>63429688
you could always cancel it and let me share it to you via soulseek or whatever. If its for using in the car or whatever dont worry its still well worth the investment if physical component is important to you.
>>
They dont make good french music like this anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyRF1CjOPQ8
>>
https://youtu.be/zDPwz0BTTo4
>>
>>63429494
Bro, this reminds me of how much I miss amy winehouse.

Girl was outstanding vocally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMO5Ko_77Hk
>>
What's that? Animal Collective?
>>
>>63423841
>Occult folk rock

I think the song He Is by Ghost may fit in that category.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CSFkjPm0A0

I also suggest you check out the rest of their stuff too. Ghost is a really good band, despite what some people on this site may tell you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8MhWO_RXWk&index=3&list=PLjsEEZtKNDd9b-PygExtb7zZzq_KuKpdX

The pattern of flight is chaotic and blind but its right cause chaos is yours and chaos is mine
and chaos is luck, luck love and love blind
Those lyrics are huntingly true
Anybody in touch with Spencer Krug ?
>>
>>63429768
I like to own all my music physically, yeah. Aside from the sense of ownership, the booklets often contain archival photos you can't get online and recording/release information.
>>
https://youtu.be/Le_vHnVPL5c
>>
>>63430189
at least post some words about it bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ_1TBjdPm0
This is a cult song from Quebec in mid 70s. The guitar arrangement and harmonies are quite something, would be kind of stupid given the band name too lol

This thread is nice, Im glad theres actual discussion and interest sparking. I would come here more often if I didnt need to work my ask to create simple discussion.
>>
File: 146146146146.jpg (357 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
146146146146.jpg
357 KB, 1366x768
>>63430149
I appreciate your niche fetish. It's worth something in my book too. Sad the the vidya are the worst consumers of the world tho (about the booklet thing)
>>
>>63423383
Jazz-hop.
>>
Someone who appreciates this as much as I do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mQpwOS6PCM
>>
File: 147146146.jpg (24 KB, 682x246) Image search: [Google]
147146146.jpg
24 KB, 682x246
>>63430414
Nujabes does get some love around here. I dont know many other jazz-hop although.
>>
File: 641616146.jpg (72 KB, 350x351) Image search: [Google]
641616146.jpg
72 KB, 350x351
>>63430451
great share, it feels like a mix of nujabes and the high llamas. Liked to listen in fullmode another time
>>
>>63423699
Same here man, same here
>>
>>63430457
Oddisee's last album was super jazzy too, ATQC could classify as jazz hop too I suppose, but those are the only three I ever listen to along with Nujabes.
>>
184 posts
18 images
Some great actual discussion

I probably posted like 8 of em
I wish you all a good day/night. It was fun. thanks for the sharing.

-One of the countryman poster
>>
File: 1353200085187.jpg (19 KB, 248x324) Image search: [Google]
1353200085187.jpg
19 KB, 248x324
>>63423383
>It's really hard to find any community that acknowledges it any more than in passing.

Are you fucking kidding me? I won't even listen to anything that isn't derivative of early Rock 'n' Roll and I do just fine.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.