[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did he do it /mu/ros? How did he single-handedly invent dubstep?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: untrue.jpg (59 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
untrue.jpg
59 KB, 319x319
How did he do it /mu/ros?

How did he single-handedly invent dubstep?
>>
>>63421583
People over the age of 16 listen to this trash?
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fiYpQz0kd5
>>
It's easy when you don't actually do that.
>>
That's not really dubstep, although Mary Anne Hobbs and associated dubstep people played it a lot he was kinda tossed in there because of the Tempa label. It is more 2step garage jungle.
>>
>>63421583
>single-handedly invent dubstep?

Some people out there probably believe this.
>>
be a gay guy who works at a office job with nothing but el-b and fucked up vinyl garage records to listen too during your lunch break
>>
>>63421907
>2step garage jungle
christ, when will you realize that no one over the age of 15 cares about those stupid "subgenre" labels
>>
>>63422113
I know this is bait, but, mostly older burnouts listen to it because 15 year olds weren't born yet (or barely were).
>>
>>63421907
At the time there was a lot of dubstep that was heavily 2-step influenced. The half-time thing didn't become standard for a little while.

Also "2-step garage jungle" is not a thing you mong.
>>
>>63422113
Why is it so wrong to classify music?
>>
>>63421747
More?
>>
>>63421747
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1mb3EEjiyOn
>>
>>63422214
>At the time there was a lot of dubstep that was heavily 2-step influenced. The half-time thing didn't become standard for a little while.
Half time + lots of bass is what I remember being the start of 'dubstep'.. i.e. Plastician, Skream, Mala, Benga, etc. All of that was half-time.

When I think of 'just before it went halftime' I think of Horsepower Productions - In Fine Style.. which is a culmination of 2step garage and garage.

>Also "2-step garage jungle" is not a thing you mong.
His music is a cross between all those. Lots of elements pulled from those previous genres. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>63421583
could it be a devoted study to low frequency and various styles of the use of bass through electronic based genres and a creative drive and lack of self righteous promotion?
>>
>>63421583
This is like saying The Beatles invented rock music.
>>
>>63422405
>>63422214
I think the term that was settled on eventually was "future garage", which is lame but is more fitting than 'dubstep'
>>
>>63422588
Ah okay, yeah.
>>
>>63422405
Skream and Benga's earliest stuff was decidedly not halftime. There's some DMZ stuff that ain't either. Halftime really came about in 2005-ish after Loefah's Horror Show
>>
>>63423357
Got an example? I'd like to explore and have way too much WCD buffer.
>>
>>63422214
> Also "2-step garage jungle" is not a thing you mong.

Who cares of it being "a thing" or not, when I read this, I know what kind of music it will be.
>>
>>63422507

but they did...?
>>
File: 1457418399231.jpg (27 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1457418399231.jpg
27 KB, 508x524
>Oh yeah I love real dubstep, Kode9, Benga, Skream, Horsepower Productions, the list goes on...
>>
>>63424597
dem lusty negro attitudes doe :(
>>
>>63425109
What's "real" dubstep?
>>
>>63425357
I should add: I'm asking, not implying.
>>
>>63425502
>>63425357

Distance, The Bug, Digital Mystikz, Kromestar, Loefah, Goth Trad, Tes La Rok, Darkstar, Untold, Mount Kimbie, Shackleton, Pinch, Be-1ne, Appleblim, Peverelist, Kahn, Guido, Ramadanman, Objekt, Black Box, Kryptic Minds, Clubroot etc.
>>
>>63425647
So Kode9 is pleb and The Bug is not? That doesn't really work
>>
>>63425647
Is Vex'd dubstep? That shit is fucking awesome whatever it is.
>>
>>63426435
Nevermind, quick Google seems to have answered that for me.
>>
>>63425109
>Benga
>Skream
>not "real" dubstep

nigga what
>>
>>63426607
Well when they became Magnetic Man or whatever it went to shit, but I really like early Skream and Benga. Midnight Request Line, Dutch, Flowerz, Rutton, and on and on for Skream (Skreamizms was a great series)... Basically the whole Diary of an Afrowarrior for Benga
>>
>>63421747
I smiled
>>
>>63426667
I'm with you on everything you said. Writing them off because of their collaboration seems like way too much though. They earned their place as "real" dubstep or whatever.
>>
>>63425647
Mount Kimbie is hot garbage, Digital Mystikz and The Bug are pretty decent. Objekt is good but hasn't made much music.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.