[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: a1653378949_10.jpg (188 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
a1653378949_10.jpg
188 KB, 900x900
Thoughts on this album?
>>
Kinda cool, the most serious work.
>>
a bit too much meme
>>
It's his best album imo. Mouth Sounds/Silence doesn't compare.
>>
>>63417285
What is meaning of calling album "meme" ? It's like "cliche" ?
>>
Very 80s
>>
Link pls
>>
The demo mix of Reaganomics was better in my opinion, really wish he kept it.
>>
I've never heard of this album. Does it endorse a belief in the occult?
>>
I don't get it, why are people praising this album? Sounds like a nerd got a hold of a Jupiter at a garage sale
>>
>>63417327
I'd say Sounds > Spirit Phone > Silence personally
>>
>>63417144
I'll listen to it later and then tell ya what I think, ok pal?
>>
>>63417870
In no way anon.
>>
I would honestly consider this the best album of the year. But that's just my opinion.
>>
I really think that it just isn't my type of music, but I had to turn it off during the third track. Boooooring
>>
File: neilcicierega.jpg (266 KB, 680x1024) Image search: [Google]
neilcicierega.jpg
266 KB, 680x1024
>>63417144
neil you haven't been relevant since 2002. stop viralling your shit music and get a real job
>>
>>63420676
You need to get a job too Aaron/Zach/Daniel/Deakin
>>
eighth wonder has been my jam for years, it was cool to hear it redone on this album
>>
>>63417144
Nature Tapes was excellent. Spirit Phone is not. It sounds like he over worked his songs and they all came out sounding roughly the same.
>>
Viral meme faggotry
>>
H
>>
Delicious.

Had it on repeat since Sunday.
Touch-tone telephone and Sweet Bod are particularly impressive. I think Fantano was right in his review though, with Devo, Polysics and especially David Byrne this album flips all of my switches.
>>
>>63424901
Ohhh there it is. It's popular because it was reviewed by the bald one.
>>
>>63417144
Really like it, When He Died is the best track. Have listened through it about 5 times or so. Definitely hear Oingo Boingo in this.

>>63417870
Due to Neil Cicierega's strong personal convictions, the album in no way endorses a belief in the occult.
>>
>>63417144
Probably the only album I've been excited about this year so far.
>>
File: charles.jpg (89 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
charles.jpg
89 KB, 460x690
VROOM VROOM
BEEP BEEP
>>
>>63426063
Strangely enough I like his 7/8 albums best. I think his opinions are valid, though my tastes are definitely different from his.
>>
>>63426716
Nah she's shit
>>
>>63427366
Nigga pls.
>>
>>63426716
Shit
>>
>>63427570
Kill yourself.
>>
>>63427638
aww did the babby get his feelings hurt :^)
>>
>>63427772
No, we're all just laughing at your bad taste, poseurfag. ;)
>>
>>63417888
The way I see it, if you compare it to those shitty flash videos he did (Ebaums world or that ultimate destiny thing), he's improved a lot. It's not as corny, not as memey, and he's making actual songs.

The thing that gets me is his voice. It still sounds "cartoony" and it makes the whole thing feel disingenuous and too self-referential/funny to be actually enjoyed as music and not just something that 15 year olds listen to because it's "epic."
>>
>>63417398
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BijChf8ROJU

If you can find someway to separate this from his current work, better for you. But it's already implanted in all our brains, so memey is the only way to describe him.
>>
I really hate comedy albums.
>>
>>63417569
Check the archive.
>>
>>63428391
It's not comedy
>>
>>63429068
it's shit, though.
>>
>tfw people are comparing it to his fucking mashup albums just because Memethony Memetano reviewed them
LISTEN TO HIS OTHER SERIOUS ALBUMS FFS
>>
>>63427854
>The way I see it, if you compare it to those shitty flash videos he did (Ebaums world or that ultimate destiny thing), he's improved a lot. It's not as corny, not as memey, and he's making actual songs.

"Not quite as corny as a newgrounds video from 2006" is still nowhere near "good". The fact that people are actually praising this album is proof that you're all tasteless Fantano drones. I wonder how much this guy had to pay to get a good review from the melonhead.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.