[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any bands that are clearly influenced by NMH? i dont mean elephant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: neutral-milk-hotel.jpg (201 KB, 483x443) Image search: [Google]
neutral-milk-hotel.jpg
201 KB, 483x443
any bands that are clearly influenced by NMH? i dont mean elephant 6 stuff, i mean bands that came after that are basically copying or just really into NMH. thanks in advance
>>
The glow pt2 is basically
>listens to itaots once: the album
>>
Jordaan mason and his horse museum.
>>
Jordaan Maason, Beirut
>>
File: DumbFrog.png (246 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
DumbFrog.png
246 KB, 550x535
>>63412378
>>
>>63412436
You know its true pepe
>>
Olivia Tremor Control is what people with taste listen to. Its like if NMH was actually good and interesting.
>>
>>63412474
He literally said no Elephant 6 you hipster twat
>>
>>63412466
the glow is a fantastic album though. The way you worded made it seem as if it is sub par.
>>
>>63412483
whatever fuck you bitch
>>
Decemberist and arcade fire are the most obvious i think.

Not terribly hard to connect the dots between them and mumford and sons either.
>>
File: cover.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2400
>>63412254
GASHCAT - Reunion! and >>63412423 are both unabashedly NMH ripoffs.

>>63412378 and Beirut are not.

Thread over.
>>
>>63412472
that was the shittiest garbage ive ever heard in my entire life
>>
>>63412558
How the fuck is glow part 2 not a nmh ripoff
Did you even listen to it
>>
>>63412838
You know literally nothing about Phil if you think ITAOTS is an nmh ripoff. He wasn't even vaguely inspired by it.

>it's a white guy singing over lofi folk music so it's an nmh ripoff

Kill yourself.
>>
>>63412962
did you just say ITAOTS instead of glow pt 2 cuz if thats the case i think you need to kys
>>
>>63412986
Yeah w/e it's late, but you're still a fucking dipshit. They aren't similar whatsoever aside from being lofi and having a white guy sing about emotions. Dissimilar instrumentation, much wider dynamic range, different lyrical themes and prose, and on top of all that, Phil has said several times that the Microphones was a project he started out of fascination for recording methods, and the songwriting aspect of the albums under that moniker was secondary. He's never even talked about ITAOTS before. kys dipshit.
>>
>>63412962
What
theres a riff in it literally lifted straight from itaots
>>
>>63413611
which song?
>>
File: Ssc_ak_front.jpg (345 KB, 769x748) Image search: [Google]
Ssc_ak_front.jpg
345 KB, 769x748
>Tobacco states in an interview that Neutral Milk Hotel partly influenced The Autumn Kaleidoscope's sound, "I saw that you can sit there with an acoustic guitar, and not polish anything, and blow stuff out whenever you want to, and it can still be so real and beautiful", he states.
>>
>>63412632
so it fits? nice one!
>>
>>63412254
New Hotelier, little nigger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hng8w92_BV8
Also AJJ
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.