[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get a dadrocker to realize rap isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: sipvotyt_400x400.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sipvotyt_400x400.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
I'm trying to get a dadrocker to realize rap isn't shit. Recs for that? So far I have Mmm... Food and Madvillainy but not much else.
>>
These people want to hate music that's foreign to them. It's like a competition to them. Unless they actually want to find new music it's never going to work.

You can try The Low End Theory anyway though.
>>
File: goblin jerry.png (380 KB, 530x430) Image search: [Google]
goblin jerry.png
380 KB, 530x430
dad approved
>>
>>63412195
this
>>
He's right.
>>
You need to start with something with sounds that are incredibly accesible to dadrockers, like the low end theory, endtroducing and donuts
>>
ju ju bes or whatever
>>
you should probably show him some rap rock first

but why do you feel like you need to do that, op?
>>
Gang Starr - Moment of Truth
Great album, nothing but positive influence and messages.
>>
Anything jazz-rap: A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Digable Planets, etc.
>>
File: Beastieboys.jpg (533 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Beastieboys.jpg
533 KB, 1000x1500
Try some Beastie Boys.
>>
aesop rock

just play him none shall pass
>>
>>63413229
aesop rock is the best choice, but show him more something like spare a match/labor

show him blue scholars-inkwell
he needs to see the more poetic side vs. all the played out themes black of black culture portrayed in hip hop
>>
To Pimp A Butterfly
>>
>>63413424
Zzz top is perfect for dad rockers. It even praises dad rock
>>
>>63413457
if you were a nigger what would you listen to?
>>
>>63413442
Worked for me. Now just trying to branch out from there. Tribe called West has been pretty good so far.
>>
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of millions
Wu Tang - Enter the 36 Chambers
Staight Outta Compton

These are original records that were key in hip hop crossing over to rock fanboys
>>
>>63413505
Future ? No idea to be honest. I kinda grew out of hip hop I still like run the jewels and a couple others
>>
File: image.png (343 KB, 501x497) Image search: [Google]
image.png
343 KB, 501x497
South side suicide
>>
>>63413562
correct
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.