[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: tlop_btfo.png (336 KB, 1013x561) Image search: [Google]
tlop_btfo.png
336 KB, 1013x561
Is he right /mu/?
>>
File: tip.jpg (27 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
27 KB, 600x750
>>
Is he right about how he feels about it? Yeah. Is he right that no atheist could enjoy it(which he's clearly >implying)? No
>>
>as an atheist
>>
>atheist talking about how religion is about imaginary friends
le tip

(TLOP isn't really spiritual anyway and is shit)
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 1000x1000
>an imaginary friend

I don't mind people being atheists, but what the fuck is with the recent surge of condescending "I'm far more logical than you" nonsense? Circle jerking over being rational isn't intelligent

have a free Hegel
>>
>>63411300
Dawkins got popular on social media
>>
Right about what?
>>
>>63411300
It's so disrespectful to just call god an imaginary friend. People who do that are absolutely disgusting imo.
>>
>>63411380
Not just that, but smug, too. Very condescending.
>>
>>63411380
People are allowed their own opinions. Disrespectful or not.
>>
>>63411436
And my opinion is that it's disgusting lmao
>>
>not being able to appreciate someone else's faith

Jesus that guy is an idiot. The album isn't directly about God. It's about a man's struggle between good and evil. It's about how delusional and comfortable one can get while living a double life. This is like saying an atheist can't enjoy Sufjan Stevens. You don't have to appreciate God to appreciate some one else's love for God.

I'm an anti theist and I can still deeply connect with lyrics that explore faith and religion.
>>
File: gbYCsUK.jpg (61 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
gbYCsUK.jpg
61 KB, 960x960
>>63411068
>>
>>63411436
He never implied otherwise
>>
ITT: Butthurt Christfags
>>
Why are you an anti theist?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 320x263
>>63411506
Upvoted
>>
>>63411506
Because God is REAL! Read the Bible! All the facts are in there!
>>
>>63411436
>People are allowed their own opinions
who said otherwise?
>>
>>63411469
Why is it disgusting to call a fictional character an imaginary friend?
>>
>>63411068
this is close to how i feel about TPAB as someone who doesn't care about current racial drama
>>
>>63411436
But there's a difference in having an opinion and being a condescending prick.

Calling someone's holy deity imaginary isn't an opinion, it' being a dick. There are nicer ways to express your lack of belief in god.
>>
>>63411578
Maybe because he considers condescension as a disgusting character trait to have.
>>
>>63411578
Because there is no proof of it being "imaginary".

Because so many people believe in it and dedicate their lifes to it and calling just an imaginary friend is just taking a shit on their beliefs while thinking you're sperior.

Because god is a lot more than just a friend you talk too. As I said before people really believe in god and let god guide their lives. And imaginary friend is also something kids have not adults.

Just fuck those people.
>>
>tfw Christian and I still browse /mu/ regurlarly

It's been interesting
>>
>>63411698
I mean it's one of the safest boards.

Its not like you're cruising through /x/ or /b/.

What denomination are you?
>>
>>63411675
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahah
>>
File: 200_s.gif (45 KB, 330x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
45 KB, 330x200
>>63411675
>>
>>63411068
no
>>
>>63411818
>>63411759
hey edge lords may i recommend

>>>/b/
or perhaps
/r/atheism
>>
File: mad.png (513 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
513 KB, 960x720
can't we all just get along
>>
>>63411068
literally who?
>>
>>63412054
no
>>
>>63411675
>Because there is no proof of it being "imaginary".
Literally everything in the world points to the fact that a god doesn't exist. I have no idea how anyone with even a high school level knowledge of physics and biology could in their right mind be so outright ignorant and borderline delusional as to dismiss all the scientific evidence in the world just because "U CANT PROVE IT LMAO". That's now how it fucking works you retard. The burden of proof is upon you and there's nothing, literally nothing, that would even suggest that there would be a need for an intelligent design.
>>
>>63411675
There is no proof that imaginary friends are imaginary either.
>>
>>63412088
You have little to no real knowledge of physics and biology if you consider there to be anything even approaching "evidence" that the world was formed spontaneously. Everything from evolution to abiogenesis depends on astronomical improbability to be remotely plausible (even without the incredibly convenient state and attributes of the earth), that's why the multiverse theory was originally coined, as a way of explaining it. Theism and Atheism are equally unfounded, every perspective of our existence stems from our personal taste, and you're probably just an ignorant, naive kid who repeats things other people have said with the assumption that they're true.
>>
>>63412088
>>63412344
Despite everything, there are not proofs of god not being the cause that created the universe. Calling people stupid because they believe in something that you can't even prove doesn't just make you seem stupid. Btw some of the most important people on this planet believed in a higher power (Newton, Einstein, Michelangelo, Bach are prime examples).
>>
>>63412479
>>63412469
>what is occam's razor
Stay delusional friends.
>>
>>63412494
lol that's not even related to the conversation
>>
>>63412494
depends pretty heavily on what you consider an assumption. For example we could say the assumption that a functioning, reproducing prokaryotic cell spawned from chemicals (estimated at 1 to 10^200 odds) could make atheism even more assumption based than theism.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.