[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of iron and wine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_1.png (273 KB, 313x309) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
273 KB, 313x309
What does /mu/ think of iron and wine?
>>
>>63410276
I went through a indie-folk phase where I thought he was amazing. Now he just bores me.
>>
Good for the feels
>>
Such Great Heights was playing in the restaurant when I had my first date with my ex-gf

I don't listen to that song anymore ;_:
>>
>>63410365
you like oasis shut the fuck up retard
>>
>>63411241
rekt
>>
>>63410365
says the Michigan lover

you're an actual human meme
>>
I really enjoy it. Easy to listen to and I often put on one of his records in the morning at work. Puts me in a calm mood.

Plus, Sam Beam is just a cool ass dude in general. Seems like the type of guy that would just sit on the porch, slug some beers, and talk bullshit with you about life and love for hours.
>>
The Shepard's Dog is amazing
>>
I like that song feautured in twiligh....
Flightless bird I think.... Or american mouth I don't know. Very melancholic in a romantic comfy way.
It kinda makes you feel bad about being a human tuberous vegetal who've lost hope of finding someone to love, though.
>>
All the albums up to Shepherd's Dog are awesome. He really went downhill after that.

I don't listen to him a lot anymore but his old albums are still 10/10 to me. Some of the most beautiful music ever written.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvtRLtmEhvM
>>
I still like The Creek Drank the Cradle the most, I have good memories of driving early in the morning and playing Lion's Mane just as the sun is reflecting off the bottom of the clouds
>>
>>63413337
Kiss each other clean has some really great songs though
Half Moon, Walking Far From Home. I see what you mean though as the album as a whole isn't as good as his older albums

His latest album all i liked was Desert Babbler
>>
>>63411175
I had it playing at my brother's funeral. I fucked up bad, real bad.
>>
I don't know, I listen to a lot of similiar stuff, but I&W bores me to no end.
>>
>>63413563
>I listen to a lot of similiar stuff

Like what?
>>
>>63413256
its both, "Flightless Bird, American Mouth"

pretty fun and simple to play on guitar too
>>
>>63414627
>Like what?

Will Oldham, Smog/Bill Callahan, Elliot Smith, Songs:Ohia, Bon Iver, The Antlers, Sparklehorse, The Mountain Goats... you name it.
>>
>>63413230
Yeah, that. OEND is nice too but the only I&W album I really play often is The Shepard's Dog.
>>
File: image.png (195 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
195 KB, 500x333
>>63416946
those first four are in a completely different stratosphere to iron & wine
>>
>>63411175

similar story but with Trapeze Swinger.
>>
iron is a great element, one of the first heavy elements out there

wine is pretty good too, especially red wine. Too bad quality wines are on the expensive side here.
>>
>torrenting music
>muh sekrit club

TOP HUE M9

I actually got banned for inactivity there.
>>
>>63410276
Boring as hell.
My Guitar teacher showed me his music as an example of fingerstyle paterns.
He's prety good at that but, yeah, his music just bored me to tears.
>>
>>63410276
Boring coffee shop music.
>>
it's funny that when /mu/ can't think of anything bad to say about an artist they call them 'boring.'
>>
>>63418344
>it's funny that when /mu/ can't think of anything bad to say about an artist they call them 'boring.'

It's bad because it's unremarkable, that is what makes it boring.
>>
>>63410365
does anyone even like you or the commentary you bring? tripfags are the fucking worst.
>>
>>63418370
>It's bad because it's unremarkable

Oh hey, another non criticism.

I think what you mean to say is that you don't like folk influenced singer-songwriter material, because if you're familiar with that genre then then I&W is absolutely not unremarkable.
>>
>>63410365
This is how I feel about a lot if not most of indie rock. It's like something about being eighteen-nineteen makes indie rock sound incredibly good to you and then a few years later it's just like air.
>>
>>63418550
It is more of the fact that he doesn't bring anything new to the table, and none of his melodies or lyrics stand out to me. It's so mediocre that it's actually worse than being outright bad.

>I think what you mean to say is that you don't like folk influenced singer-songwriter material
Absolutely not true at all, I like this type of music best but it's like listening to Fleet Foxes or something.
>>
I really liked flightless bird American mouth, but listening to the album dissapointed me quite a bit. Maybe I'll give him another go but maybe not
>>
I love Sam's stuff. Our Endless Numbered Days is probably still my favorite.

I see a lot of people think he's boring, and I can see that (I also love The National, which seems to share the same opinion), but I dunno, Sam's music is just so clear and pleasant.
>>
>>63410276
Not bad but his cover of Sick of You by Gwar was just cringeworthy.
>>
the most basic indie white girl I know always tried to get me to listen to him, and I think that kind of irrevocably put me off getting into him. it shouldn't have, though. where should I start?
>>
>>63420335
start with our endless numbered days and the shepherds dog, then move into the creek drank the cradle
all are good
>>
White-girl folk.
>>
File: 1445032755228.png (120 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1445032755228.png
120 KB, 750x750
>>63413365
i can get behind this
bird stealing bread is one of those "unlistenable because ex-gf songs"
feels bittersweet, man.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.