[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys >how do I into The Beatles ....seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Hey guys

>how do I into The Beatles

....seriously
>>
you could try listening to them
>>
>>63408884
Just listen to Tame Impala they're the new Beatles
>>
>A Hard Day's Night
>Help!
>Rubber Soul
>Revolver
>Sgt. Pepper's
>Magical Mystery Tour
>s/t
>Abbey Road
listen in that order, the other stuff is boring or not good
>>
>>63408933
Chekt m8

I appreciate the answer! Thanks man
>>
Start with A Hard Day's Night then chronologically. Except listen to Let it Be before Abbey Road.
>>
It's not a big deal what order you listen to them in. Although this >>63408933 is a pretty good order, though I would add that after those, listen to the rest of their albums. The rest of their albums aren't as good, and yeah they're kind of boring in comparison, but they're not that bad, especially their second, "With The Beatles." They're all worth listening to, especially that one.
>>
Rubber Soul and revolver are the only albums worth listening, maybe Sgt. Pepper's
>>
>>63408996
Get a brain scan.
>>
>>63408996
>not the white album or Abbey Road
Really, anon?
>>
With the beatles is my favourite, by far. With the white album as a runnerup
>>
Really appreciate the help guys this is great
>>
Stay away from "their greatest hits" album "1"
Its a shitty album. I say you start with Abbey Road
>>
>>63408915
this,
>>
Listen to their highest rated albums and keep moving down.
>>
>Please Please Me
>With The Beatles

This is the classic "Merseybeat" sound that the Beatles are stereotypically associated with

>A Hard Day's Night
>Beatles For Sale
>Help!

This is sort of a continuation of that, but with more of an acoustic, country-folk influence.

>Rubber Soul

Still folk-y pop music, but it's starting to get a little more serious, with hints of the "Late Beatles" sound.

>Revolver

Psychedelic rock and baroque pop.

>Sgt. Pepper
>Magical Mystery Tour

Psychedelic pop, less heavy than Revolver.

>White Album

Eclectic mix of everything from Rubber Soul until now.

>Yellow Submarine

Left-overs from the Sgt. Pepper era.

>Abbey Road

Like Sgt. Pepper but with better production and more of a rock sound.

>Let It Be

Straightforward pop-rock.
>>
File: 123frequency.png (13 KB, 1188x700) Image search: [Google]
123frequency.png
13 KB, 1188x700
lock yourself in a room for a week with:
rubber soul (the album with norweigan wood)

then

lock yourself ina rewm for 2 days with
"with the beatles"

then listen to any of the following in any order that suits your fancy, but listen to entire albums and in the order of their original presentation of course...

abbey road
sgt. pepper's
magical mystery tour
help!
yellow submarine
revolver
white album

also listen to
gray album (jay-z mixed w beatles)
and the album "the magical mystery chambers, wu tang x beatles"

after you've heard the whole entire canon and know it pretty well, then listen to the album LOVE .. it is like "beatles stew"
>>
>>63408884
Did you not grow up in the developed Western world or something?
>>
the cirque du soleil soundtrack is the best beatles album
>>
If you're not into The Beatles yet, chances are you never will be.
>>
>>63408884
start off something popular like sgt. pepper
>>
start first with the day tripper single, and Rubber Soul album all the way to Abbey Road
>>
All right, which would you say is the most "out there" and experimental Beatles album?
>>
File: 1455854537980.png (274 KB, 672x503) Image search: [Google]
1455854537980.png
274 KB, 672x503
There's some fantastic solo material to check out too. Most essential are probably Ram, Band on the Run, Plastic Ono Band, Imagine, and All Things Must Pass.

I didn't get into them until college, and I'm glad because I probably would have been fucking annoying about it in middle school or whenever.
>>
>tfw you will never hear rubber soul, revolver, sgt pepper, white album and abbey road for the first time again
It hurts
>>
Ignore everyone and listen to Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road first
Then you listen to the others
>>
>>63409973
good list apart from Let It Be

Have you even given it an honest listen?
It's heavily influenced by Blues and Hard Rock, with the title track being one of the few songs on here to possibly classify as straightforward pop.
>>
>>63413782
Abbey Road was pretty incredible during the first listen. Very much crystallized their reputation in my eyes.
>>
>>63408996
horrible opinions
>>
File: The_Beatles_for_pleb.jpg (8 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
The_Beatles_for_pleb.jpg
8 KB, 220x220
>>63408884
listen to their compilation #1.
>>63408915
i'd slap you i i could.
>>
>>63415145
>greatest hits album

WHO LET THE REDDIT OUT
WHO WHO?
>>
>>63408884
rub a soul
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.