[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw everyone forgot about this I was here the day this dropped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: a0798710230_10.jpg (367 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a0798710230_10.jpg
367 KB, 1200x1200
>tfw everyone forgot about this
I was here the day this dropped and everyone was going crazy for it. I gave it a listen and didn't care for it at all.
I'm listening to it again now and I fucking love it, especially the harsh noise parts. The production is on point.
Does /mu/ still like this?
>>
File: yzd5mzprlf65b14iia73.jpg (32 KB, 416x234) Image search: [Google]
yzd5mzprlf65b14iia73.jpg
32 KB, 416x234
No, because Fantano hates it and /mu/ drones him more than they like to admit.

Anyways, good album. Nice variety of songs, good lyricism, some very novel ideas, beautiful use of melodies and noise.
>>
Now after the dust has settled my opinion on the album is that it contains a few amazing song (Persistence, Grave Within A Grave, Drain Counter) and a lot of mediocre ones. It definitely does not live up to the standards he had set with albums like MTI, The Weeping Worm and Third Side of Tape where there was just one great song after another. It's a good album but not a great one. 6/10
>>
We didn't forget about it.
I love it.
I just don't need to discuss it anymore on here.
I know how I feel about it.
>>
its shit and he clearly marketed it too death grips kids
>>
Definitely one of my favorite albums of last year, easily one of the most unique hip hop releases of 2015 as well. One of my favorite things about it is how Ugly has only gotten personal a few times in his discography and this really seemed to be an honest spilling-of-guts kinda thing that feels genuine to me.
Calling it gimmicky is a copout imo. This shit is gold.
>>
>>63408483
I enjoyed it and it still gets spins but I do agree with Fantano's observation that it's the dregs of that particular 'creative barrel'.

Now I'm just hoping the cunt keeps releasing stuff under the Shawn Kemp moniker.
>>
>>63408483
The more I listen to it the more I like it. That being said, Fantano is definitely right about him sounding like El P. It's not my favorite LUM record, but I think it's probably the best way he could have ended the project and I'm very happy with it
>>
>>63408702
I like dg and didnt like this 2bh. Guess its because I dont fit the "kid" part?
>>
LEONARD'S FUCKING LAKE
>>
As someone who has been a big fan of LUM since 2012, I just wasn't feeling this... theres GREAT songs like Persistence and Slugs but then theres SHIT songs like Ejaculated Poisoned Wrench and Opposite Lanes then theres just a bunch of filler inbetween of just mediocre bullshit idk it was just garbage imo.. I appreciate him mixing it up and changing his style tho
>>
>>63408631
This sums up how I feel about OA
>>
>>63410513
YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT
hearing that after the brutally nihilistic lyrics of Collapse and Appear was transcendental. I went through a whole day just listening to Leonard's Lake.
>>
One of the best albums ever made.
>>
>>63410646
What's wrong with Opposite Lanes?
>>
>>63410303

I've never heard an El-P verse that sounded like LUM
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.