[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AOTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Image9121_3.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Image9121_3.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
AOTY
>>
Great album.
>>
It's amazing. Only seen one thread about it since the stream went up last week. Hopefully, now that Dronetano gave it a thought, there'll be some more discussion.

Anyway, apparently Taman Shud's intended message might be exactly the opposite of what I thought. I felt like the song was mocking the lead character, who shuns all contemporary social issues and focuses on an irrelevant piece of history trivia.
There's a guardian piece where Liddiard says, that he thinks the Taman Shud is an important part of Australian history and that more people should know about it.

I still love the song and he's one heck of a lyricist. To Think I Once Loved You nearly broke me.
>>
Where all my Dronesbros at?
>>
>>63406118
2bh the only reason i check fantano's videos anymore is for artists i've never heard of. I just look at the tags to see what genres they associate with and post-punk/noise rock is right up my alley.

What other albums by them should i check out first? i'm really interested in hearing their "punk blues" material.
>>
>>63406270
>i'm really interested in hearing their "punk blues" material.
then start with their first, huge Gun Club/Birthday Party/Cramps influence on that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP1q0umWqww
>>
>>63406332
i dig this
>>
>>63404433
A thread where OP is correct. Such rarity.
>>
>>63406270
My favorite album of theirs is I See Seaweed(that might change to Feelin Kinda Free). Basically if you liked the vibes of To Think I Once Loved You and Private Execution, that album will be right up your alley.

Gala Mill
Wait Long Enough By The River And The Bodies of Your Enemies Will Float By
Havilah

Those three are also really good. Some must listen to songs are Shark Fin Blues, Jezebel and I'm Here Now
>>
>>63406181
Gotcha senpai. Massive fan of Seaweed, Wait Long By The River and Strange Tourist. Which other Drones albums should I check out?
>>
File: 640x600-c.jpg (82 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
640x600-c.jpg
82 KB, 640x600
>>63406406
You'll dig their whole discography then, one of the most solidly consistent bands throughout the past decade

Also check out frontman Gareth Liddiard's solo record, still one of my favourite acoustic folk releases of the 2010s
>>
>>63406573
Oh man, he has a solo record and it's acoustic folk? Sweet. Sixteen Straws was one of my favorite things off of Gala Mill

>tfw the jew pulled the short one
>>
>>63406542
Havilah
>>
I think the last few tracks meander a bit. I got tired of all the sounds, if that makes sense. Felt like they were showing off sonic diversity while somehow getting to a point where it was repetitive.

Private Execution to Tailwind were great though.
>>
>>63406625
And it's mesmerizing. His songwriting skills are brilliant.
>>
Can't wait till the rest of the lyrics surface
>>
>>63404433
solid 9/10
>>
>>63406332
visceral
>>
>>63406894
Are some already available?
>>
Gala Mill is still there best album.
Loved this album but the last 2 songs felt really weak to me. I'll have to give it another listen
>>
Gala Mill > Havilah > I See Seaweed > Wait Long By The River > Here Come The Lies
>>
I am desperate to listen to this album. Little help?
>>
>>63412533
soulseek
>>
>>63412621
Ty based anon
>>
>>63404433
Cuck music general?
>>
Would anyone post mega or zippy file? This album sounds good.
>>
>>63410753
Taman Shud and To Think I Once Loved You are up on youtube
>>
>>63413186
The Drones - Feelin Kinda Free (2016)

https://mega.nz/#!zw8xBL6L!4tzb284u-oThgA-pCh48wZ7KCBlJXgGP9ie79hs3lLQ
>>
>feelin kinda free

That's a shitty title.
>>
>>63413224
thanks, m8
>>
ITT: stoner mosic
>>
File: australian.webm (794 KB, 330x419) Image search: [Google]
australian.webm
794 KB, 330x419
>>
>>63404433
This is definitely my AOTY so far but I hope I'll listen to even better albums this year.
>>
>>63406573
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv85_TUjtmA
Fug, this is great.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.