[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This decade is shaping up to be one of the worsts decade for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: fantano2.jpg (138 KB, 1024x699) Image search: [Google]
fantano2.jpg
138 KB, 1024x699
This decade is shaping up to be one of the worsts decade for music so far. How does this make you feel? Is this generation lost?
>>
>>63404022
no we have to like it, we have to think it's the best ever, otherwise people will think we're from reddit
>>
>>>r/lewronggeneration
>>
>>63404067
hello 4chan!
>>
>lewronggeneration

Here we go...
>>
I have centuries of recorded music to attempt to dive through so idk.
>>
What was the best decade? For me it was the 70's, with the 00's being the worst.
>>
It's the best!! Tame Impala i.e. fucking classic already. Surely they will be remembered for centuries to come
>>
60s=70s>90s>2010s>2000s>50s>40s>80s
>>
>>63405023
this desu x)
>>
>>63405039
80's was pretty bad too, it was the decade they discovered reverb and snares
>>
>>63405039
>60's
yeah alright dickhead...
>>
>>63405039
00's better than the 50's? Just this album alone it's better than 95% of the shit released in the 00's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rlcLNgszM
>>
File: sunbather 2.png (46 KB, 812x914) Image search: [Google]
sunbather 2.png
46 KB, 812x914
thankfully we have sunbather, that's at least one album that will be remembered in 30 years
>>
>>63404022
No it's not. You're just a pleb that hasn't listened to anything outside of Fagtano and p4k

Off yourself
>>
80s>10s>60s>00s>90s>70s
>>
60s > 90s > 00s > 10s > 70s > 80s
>>
if you don't bother looking for good music, you won't find it
edgy dumpster babies
>>
Last year was one of the worst years for music. Nothing is fresh anymore
>b-bb-bb-b-bb-b-but rr--r-r-r-r-r-eddddiiittt!!!!!

You heard fucking leritegeneration pleb.
It was the fucking worst.
>>
>>63404022
>lewronggeneration
here we go again...
>>
It's the best decade on record if you aren't a stupid rockist or poseurcore connoisseur.
>>
we live in a pretty good decade for music you idiot.
>>
>>63406847
>It's the best decade on record if you aren't a stupid rockist or poseurcore connoisseur.
>>
>This decade is shaping up to be one of the worsts decade for music so far. How does this make you feel? Is this generation lost?

i strongly disagree. I think a lot of great music's come out in the 10's. Pop especially is in a much better place than it was ten years ago.
>>
File: 1456514700947.gif (2 MB, 216x150) Image search: [Google]
1456514700947.gif
2 MB, 216x150
>>63405039
>80s that low
>>
>>63405039
>80s at the bottom when post-punk and minimal wave exist
PLEB
>>
>>63407149
I don't generally like pop music but from where I'm sitting pop is better now than at any point since at least the 80's.

I'm not sure about music more broadly.

Indie rock is definitely in a death spiral but that could end up being a good thing for rock as a whole. The trendiness of indie has often worked against creativity and the values that defined indie in the first place.

Electronic music seems to be the epicenter of suck right now. I know there's ambient and IDM guys out there doing some good work on the margins, but come on man. The big EDM genres are so toxic to originality and when bedroom producers decide to come up with something entirely new they arrive with vaporwave, which, while it is a creative statement, its reads like an philosophical attack on the idea of originality itself, like its saying that all creativity is just the recycling of all garbage. While simultaneously taking the piss out of said creativity. Which is fairly depressing to me but there's probably some truth to it.

I was reading an article that mentioned how there's a point where there are no new sounds anymore, and the only way to make something new is to re-arrange what's come before. I think its good to be on the lookout for that point so when we get there (It's gotta be either soon or already here) we can take stock of what stuff we're using as the inputs for our new creative output. If the influence window is too short, if people are just reacting to what they heard the last few years, we could get stuck in a masturbatory sort of feedback loop where everybody is just mashing up the same worn-out tropes year after year. As long as we're aware that everything is recycled something else, we can reach back into the distant past, bring out some of those ideas and see what we can do with them. I think going through something akin to the folk revival of the 1960's would be cool.
>>
>>63408047
EDIT: this is the article I was talking about. Pretty interesting read. http://www.newmusicbox.org/articles/why-pastiche-has-taken-over-music/
>>
>>63405039
Wrong.

Literally every single generation is worst than the current one, and every generation that comes after this one will be better.

We have full access to everything they made in the past in addition to what comes out now. Just do the digging and find what you like don't be a mopey faggot.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.