[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i checked all albums and eps and only 3 tracks are cool: figerbib
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: ;^).jpg (22 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
;^).jpg
22 KB, 400x396
i checked all albums and eps and only 3 tracks are cool:
figerbib
come to daddy
windowlicker

i think he is totally overrated. if i missed some good tracks pls prove me wrong
>>
Xtal and the entirety of Selected Ambient Works 85-92
>>
you seriously didnt enjoy either SAW?
wow. consider me surprised
also, tracks like Flim and Avril 14th are his most popular tracks for a reason - they're good
>>
holy shit....aphex is a meme producer...how have I not realized this before???

And Autechre actually only has 2 good songs??? and boards Of canada really only have one enjoyable 25 second snippet in their entire discography!!!

and now that I think about it, Kraftwerk only had a quick 2 minute segment of enjoyable music that they ever released!!! electronic music in it's entirety has basically released less than one EP's worth of good music???

!!!
>>
>>63398077
Phtolomy
Iz me
Alberto balsam
Aegopolis
>>
File: SAW II.png (576 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
SAW II.png
576 KB, 500x500
the entirety of pic related are his only good songs
>>
>>63398077
SAW 1's good, SAW 2's okay but it annoys me when people regard them as his best work.

analord series was bliss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo3StFtLIlM

>>63398642 these too
>>
>>63398077
the whole appeal of him at least to me is In the early nineties when this came out it was mind blowing. nobody aside from Chris Clark and Richard divine was making melodic idm. it was a game changer and growing up with it has made a lot of difference. with new electronic artists and more accessible equipment everyday i can see how the appeal to some young kid wouldn't appreciate it. it'll take awhile Jr. your balls will drop and system of a down will be less important than "proving your shit taste wrong"
>>
not even 4?
>>
>>63398466
all of electronic music is a lie
>>
>>63399477
>In the early nineties when this came out it was mind blowing. nobody aside from Chris Clark and Richard divine was making melodic idm
not..really? early idm was pretty melodic in general. it didn't start getting super mechanical until about '96/'97.
>>
I generally like IDM and experimental electronic, but I only like a few of his songs. Do I just have shitty taste?
>>
>>63399477
clark released his first album in like 1999 lmao
>>
>>63400240
IMO Richard is better as a dance producer than an "idm"/experimental electronic producer, so that could be your issue.

I honestly think that a lot of his AFX stuff (along with a few of his other aliases) is stronger than his Aphex Twin material.
>>
guys I checked the filename...we've been trolled
>>
RDJ Album > Drukqs > SAWII > Rushup Edge > Come To Daddy > SAW 85-92 > Expert Knob Twiddlers > Syro > Melodies From Mars > ICBYD
>>63400240
No, he's fairly overrated
>>
>>63398077
>no xtal
No love for SAW 85-92?
SAW > RDJ
>>
>>63398077
No love for ICBYD?

Acrid Avid Jam Shred
Moo Kid
Alberto Balsalm

and uhhh yeah that's about it
>>
>>63400544
>RDJ Album first
opinion discarded
>>
>>63401792
Alberto Balsalm >>>
>>63401978
There's other albums with better tracks but RDJ has literally no filler.
Hell, the accompanying EP has some equally good tracks on it too, it's probably his best era quality-wise.
>>
>>63402026
RDJ is literally filler
>>
>>63402060
how would you define filler without surrounding quality tracks
>>
>>63402026
goon gumpas is p bad, but i get what you mean
>>
saw 85-92 is great, and I also like boards of canada, are the things that I just named the only electronic stuff thats worth it?
>>
>>63402348
Not at all, some more well known 'electronic' musicians that are good would be Daniel Lopatin (aka OPN,) Tim Hecker, Chris Clark, and Autechre
Also BoC >>> RDJ tbdesu
>>
>>63402348
lol you're gonna have to be more specific than "electronic" as that covers a very wide variety of music. but essentially: yes, there's loads more.
>>
>>63402348
>electronic
nice meme
>>
>>63402348
Oh and if you want more like 85-92 try looking into ambient techno
For more like BoC try early Black Moth Super Rainbow, Christ. (former BoC member) and Bibio
>>
>>63398077
What an absurdly shallow opinion. Do people just skip through albums as quickly as they can just so they can spout uninformed shite on /mu/? A playlist of 10/10 RDJ tracks would literally be 2-3 hours long. You're telling me you didn't like Vordohsbn, Iz-Us or Flim?
>>
>>63402348
One of my pet-peeves is that people on /mu/ actually think Aphex Twin and BoC are comparable. Boards are great but come on, senpai, their shit pales next to any RDJ album
>>
>>63402646
Boards are better desu.
>>
>>63402459
which is the best autechre album?
>>
>>63402646
Boards are fucking better, cut the shit bro
>>
>>63402727
this
>>63402752
My personal favorite is Draft 7.30, but their discography is so good and varied that it's hard to pick, it's really up to personal preference on what you can get into.
I'd say start with Tri Repetae (their entry-level album) and Amber since you liked SAW 85-92, then go on to LP5 and Exai for a good in-between of their non-glitchy first half of their discography and their glitchy second half. If you want glitchier stuff go forward more, specifically Confield and Untilted.
>>
>>63402727
>>63402812
what a fucking joke
>>
>>63398077
you aren't even trying. you're assuming the point you're trying to prove. any chance that you would like aphex tracks were ruined by your contrarian bullshit.
>>
>>63402832
I feel like the best way to go about listening to Autechre's discography is in chronological order. You get to see how their style and techniques change with each release.
>>
>>63398466
wtf are you talking about, do you really believe in what youre saying?
>>
>>63404676
Yeah, but that anon's previously stated taste means they might not be fully ready to jump in the deep end yet. If I knew they were already fine with listening to more abstract stuff I'd say for them to do it that way, but without knowing I can't say it would necessarily be a good investment of their time to listen chronologically through the discography of a duo they might not even like.
>>
>>63398077
"4" is literally one of the greatest songs ever made.
>>
>>63404773
>song
>>
>>63404773
>you good?
>yep
>>
>>63404773
yellow calx is god-tier too
>>
File: thom_yoda.jpg (16 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
thom_yoda.jpg
16 KB, 300x400
>>63402302
>goon gumpas is p bad
holy fuck
every song on RDJ Album is fantastic
>>
Fingerbib is the GOAT ringtone
>>
>>63404848
correction
>richard?
>yep
>>
>>63406000

nah you're just gay
>>
>>63406979
good retort anon
>>
>>63408832

I meant you like overly-dramatic aphex, are you by any chance just getting started on him?
>>
>>63408895
I'm not the anon you've been talking to desu
>>
>>63398077
Flim, IZ-US, and bbydhyonchord are all pretty good
>>
IZ-US is really nice.
Flim is good for relaxing or just taking a nice breather.
Avril 14th
Stone in Focus
Aisatsana
Come To Daddy Pappy mix is just so crazy awesome.
We Are The Music Makers.
Xtal
Fingerbib
Girl-Boy Song
Milkman

I still need to buy more.
>>
Analorrrrd

its the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2F-GF3Hx7s
>>
>>63409527
>buy
>>
>>63409591
I like having physical albums famiam
>>
>>63409626
fair enough, but you could still listen to it that way while you wait until you're able to buy them
>>
File: surfer_rising.jpg (3 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
surfer_rising.jpg
3 MB, 1500x1500
>>63409663
Nah.

Sometimes I'll buy an album or two of an artist I know nothing about in a genre I don't know enough about. I listen to mainly hip-hop and braindance, but I've been thinking of getting into metal and starting with Amon Amarth based upon an anons rec.
>>
I'm sure you guys will shit on Ageispolis
>>
>>63409855
I really should give SAW a full listen soon. I just bought it recently and will need to chill with it.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.