[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music documentaries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 220px-Wejamecono.jpg (15 KB, 220x333) Image search: [Google]
220px-Wejamecono.jpg
15 KB, 220x333
Anyone know any good music docs?
>>
all of the Bjork ones
>>
Touch the Sound
Step Across the Border
Until the Light Takes Us
Last Days Here
>>
Gary Numan: An Android in La La Land

Devil and Daniel Johnston
>>
The Devil & Daniel Johnston
The Fearless Freaks
The Decline of Western Civilization
>>
Soaked In Bleach
>>
Trimpin: The Sound of Invention
>>
The power of salad and milkshakes
>>
Not a documentary but 24 Hour Party People is a brilliant film
>>
Live Forever: The Rise and Fall of Britpop
>>
Beautiful noise (shoegaze doc)
The punk singer (Kathleen Hanna biopic)
>>
File: vinylfilmposter2000-1.gif (81 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
vinylfilmposter2000-1.gif
81 KB, 612x792
Not a movie about musicians but vinyl collectors. It's a lot more interesting than it sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkCMSrvOTAo
here it is if you're interested
>>
File: GG_Allin_Hated.jpg (33 KB, 292x477) Image search: [Google]
GG_Allin_Hated.jpg
33 KB, 292x477
always great fun

>>63395752
also, this
>>
Thanks boys will check out the stuff I haven't seen already
>>
One Man Metal was decent
>>
i havent watch much
krautrock: the rebirth of germany
step across the border
We Don't Care About Music Anyway
Such Hawks Such Hounds
Busted Circuits and Ringing Ears
>>
Breadcrumb Trail
>>
File: 38719.jpg (28 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
38719.jpg
28 KB, 225x350
anyone got a link for Live from Tokyo?

id also like some documentaries about shibuya kei scene, if they were shoot at that time oh it would be awesome
>>
When I saw Beautiful Noise a year and a half ago it was the most life changing thing I've ever experienced. Opened a whole new door to music, not just shoegaze but everything that wasn't dadrock. Idk how this happened but it did
>>
>>63397972
This is fucking mind blowing

>erotic bakery
>>
>>63398361
Japanese never share anything with anybody. They still have the same superiority complex they had during the war. Obviously weren't nuked enough times.
>>
File: meeting people is easy.jpg (12 KB, 294x200) Image search: [Google]
meeting people is easy.jpg
12 KB, 294x200
Meeting People Is Easy is probably my favorite.

Beyond Ultra Violence (Merzbow documentary) I found really interesting, especially if you're into darker shit.
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100692/ great portrait about Fred Frith. Also feautures other avant-gard musicians.
>>
Really good documentary about the monks...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monks:_The_Transatlantic_Feedback
>>
Dig! is a really cool documentary about the Brian Jonestown Massacre and the Dandy Warhols

Devil and Daniel Johnston of course

I liked The Punk Singer about Kathleen Hanna and the riot grrrl thing
>>
Some Kind of Monster is amazing, especially the "band therapy" aspect of it.
>>
Instrument is cool if you like Fugazi, although it really doesn't work great as a documentary, it's pretty much just footage
I implore everyone to see The Devil and Daniel Johnston, even if you don't like his music
>>
eagles history 1&2
there's a keith richards one on netflix atm
>>
Where can I watch these?
>>
>>63401054
History Channel
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.