[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people say reggae is good to listen to high? it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: weed.jpg (204 KB, 1368x913) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
204 KB, 1368x913
why do people say reggae is good to listen to high? it's objectively terrible to be high to. it's so slow and boring and annoying desu

music and drugs general
>>
DOOD
>>
>>63393953
not a drone fan are you
>>
File: MEME.jpg (47 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
MEME.jpg
47 KB, 625x415
>>
>objectively
The fact that you yourself say that people think differently on this matter should tell you this opinion is not objective.
>>
File: pepe_explain.jpg (104 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pepe_explain.jpg
104 KB, 500x500
>>63393953
>>
>>63393953
all music sounds better when you're high
>>
>>63393953
what do you like listening to when ur high
>>
>>63393953
@MODS: delete this not-even-thinly-veiled drug thread
>>
PROCEEEEEEDS THE WEEDIAN

NAZARETHHHHH
>>
I love listening to shit like GYBE while on dex
especially like 3-4th plateau trips
>>
>>63393953
I tend to get paranoid while high and a lot of music is just too intense. Reggae is relaxing
>>
They don't. Barely anyone listens to reggae while high, most people listen to psych rock.
>>
>>63394174
kill yourself you fucking faggot
>>63394493
this
its just a shitty movie stereotype from the 90s
stoners might listen to sublime or something but not pure reggae
>>
File: 1457485031479.jpg (6 KB, 250x215) Image search: [Google]
1457485031479.jpg
6 KB, 250x215
I made a playlist of songs to listen to while high for a friend. Whatddya think?

1) Faust - Why Don't You Eat Carrots?
2) Madvillain - America's Most Blunted
3) Madvillain - Shadows of Tomorrow (si lees la lyrics de esta te vas a mega guillar)
4) Jamie xx - Gosh
5) Aphex Twin - Cliff
6) Animal Collective - My Girls
7) The Beatles - Within Without
The Microphones - I Want Wind to Blow
9) The Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning
10) Portishead - Mysterions
11) Radiohead - Everything is its Right Place
12) Radiohead - Kid A
13) Radiohead - Idiotteque
14) Radiohead - Airbag
15) The Residents - The Walrus Hunt (si escuchas esta cuando estás batro y con frío, te metes en una guilla brutal)
16) Talk Talk - New Grass
17) My Bloody Valentine - To Here Knows When
18) Have a Nice Life - A Quick One Before the Eternal Worm Devours Connecticut
19) Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
20) OM - Sinai
21) Pink Floyd - Any Colour You Like
22) Public Image Ltd - Four Enclosed Walls
23) Viktor Vaughn - Let Me Watch
24) Yung Sherman - All About You
>>
>>63394620
>si escuchas esta cuando estás batro y con frío, te metes en una guilla brutal = If you listen to this while cold, you'll get into helluva trip

>si lees la lyrics de esta te vas a mega guillar=you'll trip bawls if your read the lyrics to this
>>
People only like Marley for his image. No one actually listens to him.
>>
>>63394620
its ok
filled with entry level /mu/core junk but its ok
add some more patrician stuff like lee scratch perry, fishmans, ornette coleman, boredoms,
>>
idk, i like listening to sly and robbie, grace jones, augustus pablo, scientist, king tubby

but then i'm not american
>>
i go for dub when i'm stoned
>>
>>63394650
Mi opinión: Mátate
>>
>>63394679
>any of those
>patrician

Did you just come here from RYM?
>>
File: Cage_the_Elephant_Melophobia.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Cage_the_Elephant_Melophobia.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
I know they're not a very impressive band by any measure, but they finally produced an album that was pretty decent (pic related) instead of the cringe sound they had before. And then they threw it away again with their latest boring POS album Tell Me I'm Pretty. Why do they do this?

Any more examples of bands throwing away their best sound?
>>
>>63394679
my friend is pretty entry level. Of course it's missing some essentials, but if I get some Shpongle, Fishman or Electric Wizard he'll get scared or some shit

>>63394700
:(
>>
reggae is awful
>>
>Reggae is bad meme

absolutely shit pig disgusting opinion. Children
>>
>>63394493
No they don't you fucking nerd
>>
>>63394620
Ewwwww
>>
>>63394493
Nah they listen to trap and "chill" hip hop/cloud rap from soundcloud
>>
There is literally no other combination better than alcohol and butt rock.
>>
>>63395836
THEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBEST
>>
>>63394620
wouldnt smoke with
>>
>>63393953
I like weed, but I don't like Reggae
>>
>>63394047
i can listen to drone stoned but not reggae.
>>
If you're just getting into weed, I highly rec shoegaze and dreampop.

Loveless on weed is a transcendental experience.
>>
>>63394486

but reggae Is poorly disgused bad voodoo music to help possess your soul. stop being whack and listen to good music. eat a pepper if you are paranoid.
>>
>>63394620
We'd be best friends irl. Decent list bruh. Especially To Here Knows When, Any Color You Like, America's Most Blunted, and Let Me Watch.
>>
>>63394679
you're forgetting julius eastman, Les Rallizes Dénudés, the list goes on...

>>>/rym/
>>
Ayy who's high here right now?
I like reggae when I'm high, but only if it's good reggae. Linval Thompson's I love Marijuana (don't let the name put you off) is good roots reggae album that I enjoy stoned. Dub is generally more appreciated by me though, generally better and very relax.
>>
File: 1444617603930.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1444617603930.gif
2 MB, 540x540
I always get high with the intention of checking out new music, and end up just listening to The Beach Boys/Beatles/Panda Bear/Ween instead.
>>
The ORIGINAL weed music was most def jazz.

If I smoke a joint and take a night walk under the moon and stars with some gentle dissonant piano and brushed snares coming through my headphones, it's like a compendium of human emotions and expression passing through my mind.
>>
>>63393953
>obectively
Yeah, no.

I don't really like it either, but I can see why people do. It's always very peaceful, there is nothing to stress out about in it, and the One Drop backbeat rhythm really resonates with the stoned mind. It kind of keeps you on edge while lulling you in.
>>
>>63398327
>on weed
>>
weed+sex+reggae is the comfiest shit ever, even though it's an objectively shitty genre.

>>63395836
alcohol and hip hop is pretty great
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.